Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning O.F.C. !-- Zig -- Starting over is my speciality !-- Not just on a grow !-- U just start some seed and It goes from there !-- It's a good time to make any changes !-- I got this 8 part rotation of 60 day finishers !-- I had went from 4 bloom boxes to 8 -- Had just got it set up and running when Harvey came to call !-- 5 days of no power but I only lost some fresh cut clones !- - It will be another 2 weeks before bloom is producing weekly harvest again !-- Be another 2 weeks after that before I'm running full ! --U just jump in things will work out !-- Glad U got power back !-- In the south we need our AC !

Morning O.F.C. I'm hoping for everyone to have a great day. Congrats to Umbra, no one deserves it more. Ziggy, 'Bout 2 months ago I got ripped off. I'm currently flowering 9 plants and 2 are going to be huge. Starting over can be good.

Check out this root ball. About 10 weeks in a 5 gallon Wal-Mart bag.

View attachment 20170915_103218.jpg

U doing it right when limbs break from the weight of the bud !-- Umbra I been trying to decide about my next move !-- Dog praises coco coir and I know U use it too !-- We all develop our own way to the Dank! --
I need to decide how I want to set up from a production grow whether it be a garage or a warehouse !-- The thing that bothers me about the Coco coir is the moisture exposed to air and the humidity I'd have to deal with !-- I got no exposed water and my humidity stays constant !-- I may just adjust what I'm doing now and just use bigger cups and collars (aero baskets and foam collars ) -- I can Redrill my boxes for 3 or 4 inch baskets and add those baked clay balls or the like to the baskets for some bottom weight !-- I'm kicking stuff around anyway !-- One way or another I think maybe I need to make some changes !-- Your plants break-- mine just fall over !-- I needs to fix that !

Hey man, thats a full blown river! At least 75 feet wide today! and 3 ft deep!

U doing it right when limbs break from the weight of the bud !-- Umbra I been trying to decide about my next move !-- Dog praises coco coir and I know U use it too !-- We all develop our own way to the Dank! --
I need to decide how I want to set up from a production grow whether it be a garage or a warehouse !-- The thing that bothers me about the Coco coir is the moisture exposed to air and the humidity I'd have to deal with !-- I got no exposed water and my humidity stays constant !-- I may just adjust what I'm doing now and just use bigger cups and collars (aero baskets and foam collars ) -- I can Redrill my boxes for 3 or 4 inch baskets and add those baked clay balls or the like to the baskets for some bottom weight !-- I'm kicking stuff around anyway !-- One way or another I think maybe I need to make some changes !-- Your plants break-- mine just fall over !-- I needs to fix that !
Actually I don't. I use pro mix #4

Back from camp ....had great weather not too much trash to pickup.:)
Looking thru some seeds and wondering what to start...strawberry rhino? Strawberry ice ? The white X BR?delta wave? funk #1? Or..wonder berry? Looking for a winner....what do you think?....:48:....

Hey Cane, what about Berry White? It makes your voice lower and ya say things like, hey baby, but other than that it tastes wonderful and a nice indica.

Also Cane, let me show you a pic of Penny wise. She is beautiful and huge and just a joy to grow. I have two in veg that i hope to hit with Valentine pollen. View attachment DSCF4930.jpg

Good morning friends! I can't wait to meet my pirate bugs. I am meeting my calafornicus or some darn thing today. Also useing Dr zyme... fingers and toes crossed.

Umbra - Still a soilless medium ? -- Just something to support the plant ? -- U supply all the nutes when U water ? -- The humidity can get kinda high down here !---Trying to remove all that exposed humidity from Coco or pre-mixed scares me !-- Right now I got those 8 bloom boxes running with a fairly cheap LED over each -- No carbon filter -- No added CO 2 --(Except for brewing) -- I got one the cheapest window AC units U can buy in the window and that's it !- --My temps and humidity are good !-- I got nute expenses under controll -- I start each bloom box with 10 gallons of nute water and only top off until harvest with no res. Changes !-- I only have to replace what the plants take !-- No wasted nutes and now that I started reusing my nute water to grow veggies it goes even further !--- My expenses are power -water and nutes !
The LEDs save on power and I got a RO system for my water !-- Except for my plants getting top heavy and falling over and the occasional leak things are working pretty good ! -- U said something one time about the small farmer not being able to match the cost to grow weed of the big farmers -- I took that to heart and I'm learning to grow on the cheap and with as few byproducts as possible like used grow medium !

Lost a post !-- Beautiful Rose !-- It just seems so strange to me to have pot plants growing in the open and all !--

Hey Nick the Dog Pecker Knats and root aphids made me switch to water !-- Can't see what is going on with your roots in dirt or other grow medium !-- Them bugs worked ole Keef !

Rooted that celery heart and it's growing fine !-- I just took the celery center still attached to the base from store bought celery and put it into aero and it rooted fine -So I got the heart from a head of iceberg lettuce in aero now -- It might root ?

Lost a post !-- Beautiful Rose !-- It just seems so strange to me to have pot plants growing in the open and all !--

Hey Nick the Dog Pecker Knats and root aphids made me switch to water !-- Can't see what is going on with your roots in dirt or other grow medium !-- Them bugs worked ole Keef !

I dunno what to tell ya, I watch my grow well enough that I haven't lost an indoor grow to bugs yet. I also use a window ac, mine is about 10,000 btu but it has a thermostat. I was going to switch to some kind of hydro but I get a return right now that is pretty impressive without worrying about things like ph and nute burn and I don't have chemicals and funky salts in my bud. I re-use about 50% of my soil and my nute bill runs about $15.00 a grow. My biggest pain in the arse is the under sink filter to get the chlorine outta the water.:vap-Bong_smoker:

Last edited:
I do find that if I grow a strain you water guys are growing, I have to add about 10 days to the finish. In otherwords your 62 day finisher is going to run 70-72 days in mine.

Nick I never worried about pH when I grew in dirt and always used tap water !-- The tap water down here is too salty to grow weed -- I kinda got pushed into water pharming !-- Once I took the tops off those first dirt plants and rooted in water it just seemed like the way to go down here !-- Still haven't run the numbers on what my nutes cost per grow but it isn't much !--

My tap water comes straight out of the river. They run it through a series of sediment filters, add way more chlorine then they need to and send it out. East coast version of Rocky Mountain Spring Water!

Nick 60 % of our tap water is pumped in from about 200 miles away and the other 40 % comes from a lake about 50 miles away and it when the lake drops below 50% capacity they put us on water restriction so no washing cars or watering your lawn during the day !--Which is most of the time !-- Water -water everywhere and not a drop to drink !-- We got no water Cuz !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back