Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of gravy ? --Don't !--Here comes Hack !- I bet he making gravy too !

I have an 80 ton commercial license and back in the 80's ( while I was in the service) I used to part time on a big commercial shrimp trawler. That boat had a Greek skipper who taught me a lot of cooking. I can make shrimp more ways then Bubba.

RedBeans and Rice is a staple side dish in my kitchen when there's people around. After all, the meal comes to life when you add the goodies to the mix. Like chikin, spare ribs, burritos, you know

Man, getcha some of that instant rice. 3 minutes in the microwave. Ramen noodles gonna kill ya with all the sodium! That would be awesome with some wild rice instead of the ramen

I don't have it often Nick !-- I picked it up in Korea and once in awhile I just gotta !-- I know how much sodium it has !-- All things in moderation !--
I went out a couple times with a friend in a pleasure boat pulling for Skrimps in the Bayou !-- I don't still have a pair of white shrimp boots but D.D. do !-- Not that I would do such a thing but a guess a fellow on a scooter could ease up over by the Bay where them lights shine are maybe catch a Skrimps dinner pretty quick ? -- If the reds or Specks are running he could catch supper in 5 minutes instead of 10 !-- Just catching bait here nothing to see !-- One day I'm get me one those fishing license thangs !

Last time I ran afoul of the game warden he said --Do U know who I am ?-- It was pretty obvious to me that he was a law dog !-- So I said do U know who I am ? -- When he looked at me I could tell he didn't !-- So I split !-- U can outrun a fat game warden cause I did it !

I hit the woodline and circled around and went to ground like we do so I could keep an eye on him !-- He just stood there looking stupid awhile then got in his car and left !-- I stayed away from there awhile just in case !

Hey just so U know it is against the law to fish with an electric fence device !-- U ain't gonna find that rule in any game warden book but trust me on this one !-- Pretty easy too just scoop up the ones U want the rest be fine !

Finally caught up. I've had 4 colonoscopies. Starting at 40 every 5 years, prostate also. I worked for a scope manufacturer, we were developing it from a diagnostic tool to a therapy device. If you know how they work, there are cables to direct the scope. When the Doc is doing a colonoscopy he is heading to the cecum. There are a bunch of turns to get there. I talked a Doc thru removing a scope on the phone. A cable snapped and the scope was stuck in the patient and the Doc was panicking. I was driving at 80 mph up 95 with the VP of the company next to me, asking me if every body from NJ drove this slow?

Last edited by a moderator:
Next on the list...shrimp. I took sweet pea( transgender midget elvis rabbi) to dinner back in NJ. She had the seafood platter. The shrimp was a tiger prawn, it was 1/2 lb. I was so amazed I looked them up on google. They are invasive and from Thailand. Shrimpers in NO say they have invaded the coastal waters. The best way to deal with them... eat them. Shrimpers love them, they get $3-$4 a piece.

Half pound shrimp ? -- I'm down !-- Round up some I'll get the pot ready !-- I never seen no shrimp that big in da Bayou !--

There's stuff and thangs out there in the swamp U don't want to mess with but mostly things like that leave U alone if U leave them alone !-- If not whip out the street sweeper and kill everything close by ! --Make me laugh thinking about Kraven and the Bigfoot !-- He ain't even talking about that sheet !-- Skunk ape --Big foot -- Roo-ga-roo -- Honestly Island Monster !-- If it'll bleed I can kill it ! --

Look I know ya'll thinking about that alligator !-- It wasn't a fair fight O.K. !-- I made the mistake of leaving my speed loader in my tackle box with my keys -- down there where that gator be !-- O.K. so I lost a gun fight with an alligator that didn't even have a gun !-- They so fast !-- He come up out that water John Wayne woulda been proud !-- I was fanning the revolver as I tried to get da F away from that Thang! -- There I am sitting on top a hot a** car in the heat of summer while an alligator stands guard over my keys and speed loader which was all da bullets I had left !-- Shot everything in the swamp but that gator getting my a** up on that car !-- He just stood over my stuff laughing at me !

Saw on the local news they busted some lady around here with 30 grams of that dreaded THC Wax !-- So they get her for possession -- possession with intent to distribute (they always add that on) -- manufacturing a controlled substance and the list goes on !---Ya'll got dispensaries ! -We got jail !-- This is the world I live in !

Say where U say a fellow could catch such creatures ? -- What kind of pole U need or Nevermind they shrimp I know what they do when !-- Shrimpers push during the night when the shrimp are in the water column with butterfly nets and pull for them during the day when they in the mud !-- Them wings boards pull the net open and that tickler chain on the bottom make them shrimp get up out the mud and the net got them ! ---O.k. I'm refreshed where my shrimp boots ? -- No no no U almost tricked me !-Shrimping is hard work !-- I'll just advise !-- I needs me some them shrimp !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back