Making some topical cream

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good job, got a feeling that you gonna like it, a lot.

Looks good ston, be glad to see how this finally ends up.

I gave a lot of mine away and am getting good reports back. One of my friends who logs told me it is the best stuff he has used. I added some stuff to mine--you know kind of like cooking can go when you get going. I added comfrey and lavender flowers to the cannabis and added a bit of almond oil as I did not have quite enough coconut oil. Due to circumstances, mine was in the hot water bath in the crock pot all night, but I don't think it hurt anything. A lot of the recipes recommended that. After I strained it, I added vit E, and lavender and tea tree essential oils. I also wish I had added more beeswax.

It worked out good reheating it on low as slowly adding more beeswax THG. I did add some more aromatic oils in case some cooked off. It turned out really well. I like the thicker consistency of it a lot better now. Getting the samples out to friends to get some feed back. I'm thinking I'll make it with more hash and some trim next round. But I'm going to wait and see what others think before deciding. :48:

Looking good ston. You may be right on the strength of it. I use mine almost every night on my neck and hands. Nice to have something that really works when you need it. It will be nice to hear the reports. :bongin:

Send a jar IN CARE OF ,,Weedhopper, ,BR549 Weed Street,,,DITCHWEED TEXAS,77777

Good evening ston-loc. How is the salve working. Hope it's working.

I like it. Been using it with my heated massager on my tendinitis on my hands/wrists. Have some out for guinea pigs to sample. Waiting to hear others opinions. Personally I think I'll make it more concentrated next batch though.

Good evening weed Ston. Good hear that it working for you. It always gets better until you have what you want. Happy Days. :bong2:

It looks great ston-loc! One of my friends and I have been planning on making salve for weeks now and just haven't had time at the same time (maybe tomorrow as it is supposed to rain all day). I am looking to do about like you did. I have popcorn bud, really good shake, and some bubble hash. I have coconut oil, almond oil, beeswax. I think I am going to add some comfrey to mine.

I have heard that emu oil is better to use as it penetrates into the skin deeper...any input on this? I will be using the coconut oil as it is what I have, but if the emu oil is far better, I may invest in some next run.

Thanks for this!

Emu oil is awesome for skin but does anyone know where to get large amounts?
I was thinking of using the Emu oil to make the THC infused oil then adding beeswax to thicken it up. The problem is the Emu oil is crazy exspensive for small amounts. Does anyone know where to get it cheaper? Or should I mix emu with coconut oil then add weed?

Any input guys?
Ston your cream looks awesome!

Would have no clue without searching the web dude. I don't know where to get any.

Thanks man. It turned out pretty good consistency-wise, after adding more beeswax. But def going to make it more potent next round.

Like you said emu oil is crazy expensive. Grape seed oil penetrates very good and it isn't as expensive but still is up there.

I have not found anywhere that emu oil is not expensive. I know a gal that buys it by the gallon and I might be able to get a smaller from her as I am almost ready to make another batch. Everyone who has tried mine loves it. I use it on my hands, neck and shoulder, and knees. I'll read up on grapeseed oil. I had never heard that it has superior penetrating power like emu oil.

I believe there is a limit as to how strong you can get it. The oils are only capable of stripping and holding so much cannabinoids, regardless of what you do. What is your plan to make it stronger? I used bud and very very good trim and had as much cannabis as I could get in the oil. I have no idea how it could be made stronger?

Thg the recipe I used I guessed converting how much hash vs trim/bud. I only used like 8grams of hash vs oz's of trim in 32oz of coconut oil. Next time either more hash in 32oz of oil, or less oil for 8grams of hash.

I haven't tried this yet but I think I may put in some soy or sunflower Lecithin. This is recommended by the Magic Butter machine to make the butter stronger. They recommend 1/2 teaspoon per stick so that's where I will start for a small batch.

Everyone who has tried the salve I have made has loved it and everyone wants more. I had 12 4 oz jars that went almost overnight and I had to tell people they could not have more than one. I think that adding comfrey to the mix helps it. I pretty much followed Beemer's original recipe this last time as I had gotten shea butter. I had a mix of good shake and small buds and mixed it about 75% cannabis and 25% comfrey, with a bit of lavender thrown in. I used about 20 oz of coconut oil. I added as much of the cannabis, comfrey mixture as I could. Also, both batches I have let cook overnight as something has happened that I could not do it the same day. I strained and then added about 1/2 c each of beeswax and shea butter, about 2 tablespoons of vitamin E, and some tea tree oil. Let melt, mix well and pour into jars.

Ston-loc, glad you started this thread--got me going and this has helped not only me, but a big bunch of my friends....not to finds a source for popcorn bud and frosty trim....I just do not produce enough....

Awesome! I think I'll try it with Shea next round. Been getting positive response here also. I would like to make it stronger though. Didn't use nearly enough herb/coconut oil ratio.

Latest posts

Back