Flowering gone back into veg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ganjawarrior

Reaction score
I was in flower for 3 weeks and then noticed my buds were not growing in size for the next 2 weeks until I found out that for an hour or so each day wen the lights were on they were switching off because the timer was set wrong.

I think they have gone bak into veg so can I put them bak into flower again or are they ruined and I should start again? Thanks

No they aren't ruined but it will take a bit for the flowering hormones to switch back to vegging. It will work, just takes some patients. Are you doing 18/6 lights on?

No they are on 12/12 because I want to carry on with flowering, is it alrite to do this?

Will I just have to start the 8 week flowering stage from now then?

This could not have caused them to go back into veg. Flowering is actually triggered by the amount of dark. Twelve uninterrupted hours of dark will cause plants to flower. Interrupting the dark cycle with light causes reveg. Interrupting the light cycle with an hour or 2 of darkness does not cause plants to reveg. It will however affect the flowering. They are receiving less than 12 hours of light a day. Even 10 hours of light a day can cause a 50% decrease in yield. So, while they did not stop flowering, they most likely slowed down a lot. Fix the timer and carry on. They are not revegging, just slowing down from being deprived of light.

Ok thanks hemp goddess I did not know that. So how long should I carry on flowering for? because by the dates they should only hav 2 weeks left but they are well behind that or should I start the 8 week flowering time from when I sorted the timer out which was 2-3 days ago?

I am an amateur myself but here is my take on the timing. The grow period that the seed sellers give is an estimate. What you need is a magnifying device (I use a macro lens on my smart phone) to keep an eye on the trichomes as the flower finishes up. When they first start appearing, they will be clear in color. As the plant matures, they will start to cloud up and eventually start turning amber. It seems most harvest as the the trichomes start turning to amber.

2RedEyes is correct. Breeders estimates are just that--estimates. And those estimates are usually under ideal conditions. Check the trichomes to check for readiness. That is the only way to tell if they are ready. Do keep in mind though that your plant still had light and was still flowering and maturing...just a whole lot slower. You probably have not set your plants back that much time wise, but you can probably expect to see less yield that you will not be able to make up. Unfortunately, the plants usually finish on a timetable, regardless of whether they have the "right" conditions or not. The result of less than ideal conditions is usually not to flower longer, but a loss of yield that you cannot do anything about.

Ok thanks I was gonna leave them for 8 weeks and hope for a better yield but that ain’t gonna happen so I will do wot u sed and keep checking the trichomes.

I suppose I’m gonna get whatever yield I get now as I have no choice but that my own fault.

Thanks for the help ����

Excuse me~ ganjaworrion``` I read your opening post~ are you saying you had more hours of dark~ you didn't say how many~ on and off~ but it would seem to me~ your plants would began to shut down~ not veg```

Am I missing something~ by "VEG" you do mean: making more leaves``` If you've time~ catch me up on~ what's what with your plants``` Hope you don't mind my jumping in```

seth

You mentioned: You'll leave them for 8 weeks more~ so this happened early in your plants cycle~ yes```

The lights were coming on for 4 hours and going off for 1-2 hours then back on for 6 hours before goin off for the full 12 hours of darkness.

I have had the timer sorted for just over a week now and am starting to see a difference in the buds which are looking like there starting to get a bit bigger so fingers crossed they are back on the right track.

I think it might also make sense that if your flowering is going to run a little long, do not skimp on your flush. You'll undoubtedly have some build up of salts etc.

Latest posts

Back