electrical ???????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zigggy

Reaction score
hey guys ,,,,,I'm hooking up a 12 volt solar system in my tool/work shed ,,,I have two 12 volt deep cell battery's ,,,,working without instructions ,,,I need to hook booth batterys together for more storage and not more power ,,,do I hook positive to positive and negative to negative or do I hook up positive to negative not sure if I'm explaining it right

If your staying at 12 volts, then they will be wired in parallel, pos to pos, neg to neg. if you hook pos to neg that would be series and you’d have 24v at the outs.

What up Zig --RE --After Katrina I had a period Where Just Did A lot of power production reasearch !--This is my version of the Baghdad Battery-- a 3,000 year old clay pot battery found near Baghdad !-- It makes about 3 volts at low amps !-- I built 36 and hooked them up in series and parallel to produce 12 volts !--I lost interest in this when I found a better way !
Zig say she got anger issues ?-- I used to be a builder and then my body got broke !-- I know how to build a power boat that will draw power directly from the ocean !-- Doesn't mean sheet because I'll never be able to build it !-- So perhaps I too have anger issues !

View attachment 20180214_083815.jpg

What up Zig --RE --After Katrina I had a period Where Just Did A lot of power production reasearch !--This is my version of the Baghdad Battery-- a 3,000 year old clay pot battery found near Baghdad !-- It makes about 3 volts at low amps !-- I built 36 and hooked them up in series and parallel to produce 12 volts !--I lost interest in this when I found a better way !
Zig say she got anger issues ?-- I used to be a builder and then my body got broke !-- I know how to build a power boat that will draw power directly from the ocean !-- Doesn't mean sheet because I'll never be able to build it !-- So perhaps I too have anger issues !

My version of the Baghdad Battery !-- Later I figured out how I can draw power directly from the ocean !-- I was a builder but my body got broke !-- I'll never be able to build it !-- So I got some anger issues !

View attachment 20180214_083815.jpg

Told ya I'm having phone issues!-- How did that even happen !-- Lost a post and tried again and there it was !-- Gonna be one those days ?

I can't delete and fix this !-- Tried !-- Sorry for grille post !-- I got brain damage leave me alone !

morning all ,,,hey gotta ?????....im still hooking up my solar power for my shed out back,,its a 12 v system my ??? is the inverter i have has four terminals on the back of the unit...two large (a black and a red)and two small just under the two large one's(also black and red)i called the people i brought it from they dont no what the two small terminals are for(could not believe it they nothing about the product they sell ,,,there answer to that was oh we no longer sell that model)thanks in advance for any help ,,,,,zig

If no one has an answer for you, we can search the make and model number and see if we can find a diagram or a user's manual for it.

Is it the inverter or a charge controller? Pics and model number could help. Most of the time, the larger terminals would be the load/battery and smaller terminal would be for solar panel.

thanks everyone,,,,,hey screwdriver nice to meet ya,,,,,i did not think you could hook up a solar panel directly to the inverter I thought you need to go thru a charge control,,,but yes its definitely a inverter ,,,,,,,,thanks zig

My guess is the larger terminals on an inverter are for the battery. Smaller ones are for another feature.

much thanks guys,,,with a little trial and error I got it to work ,,,took 3 days for the battery's to fully charge ,,,but everything working well it will power the lights and my computer/monitor most hand tools(should not need power for a hand tool)but you know what I mean,,,,wont power a window a/c will need to run power from then house for that ,,,,,again thanks zig

hey guys,,,anyone about solar power,,,i have a 12v system,,my problem is the batterys are losing power even when I'm not using it,,by 4 or 5 oclock ill have a full charge,,but in the morning ive lost several bars of power(even thou i did not use it ) ,,,is this normal .....as always thanks in advance ,,,zig

Latest posts

Back