My Amber trichomes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omnigr33n

I'm a damn monkey.
Reaction score
My plants are ending their 8th week of flower soon and all I see is a couple of amber trichomes. The rest of them are mostly cloudy or clear. I am checking the top part of the plant since this is the part that matures the fastest. However, I have been checking everyday and the amber trichomes don't seem to be increasing very fast. I am looking for the 50/50 mix. The plant in question is of the indica variety. I have been taking the little tiny popcorn kernel buds, air drying them and smoking them. These are little stem hair buds right underneath the nugs and I get pretty blazed so I am wondering if I should just harvest now and forget about it.

It is also time for me to plain water the plant tonight when the lights come on. I am afraid that I am going to miss that special window. I know the thc is breaking down.

Patience, 8 weeks is like a minimum, not set in stone. If you want a 50/50 you are gonna have to wait a little longer.
Good luck

andy52 said:
if you like the buzz,then harvest.i will harvest my crystal at about 20 % amber.

I do like the buzz, but I think I could get more of a high out of it I am sure. I guess I'll probably just wait. I have to flush also. I was thinking of not flushing and just letting my plant dry out before I harvest. I am thinking this would force my plant to use up all the nutrients anyway.

I just took a leg hair nug one hitter and I'm feeling it pretty nice. Can't wait for harvest.

I read that the window of ripeness for Indica is often times short. For some reason when I've grown Indica before I can't seem to tell when they're ready. It seems like those trichomes never turn amber. If they're pretty much all cloudy and all you see is a few amber, but you're happy with the buzz, then maybe you should pick them soon. I get confused about that window of opportunity and how long it lasts.

Don't forget, a lot of it is in the cure. After curing the high is going to be more intense as well as being a nicer smoke. I know exactly what you mean by having to wait, my own indicas have 4 weeks in flower and it seems to me they are creeping along...

Latest posts

Back