Help - Early Amber Trichomes???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thorn

Micro Queen
Reaction score
Hey all, just a quick question I'd like some advice on...

I am growing 2 Orange Candy Floss girls that are 6 and a half weeks flowering (counting from first visible pistils) the strain is an 8-9 week flowering plant. Here's the link to the breeders page...

hXXp://www.dutchbreed.com/4.html (3rd one down)

I noticed the first amber appear a few weeks ago, but now on a small leaf near the top of one of the plants the trichomes are around 20% + amber!!! This plant is purple in colour, so does this effect the colouration of trichomes?

The 'white' plant is also showing amber trichomes, but not quite as many.

The calyxs are not all that swollen yet either.

So the question is, is this right? I had another nute feed scheduled but I may just leave them with just rain water until the end now, as they do not have any yellowing to the lower leaves etc.

Thanks in advance :D

Hello Thorn :)

Not all Babies are born at 9 months, some early and some late.

Sounds like you have early babies, if you let the amber go too long it will turn brown/black and be dead.

:peace:

Ok thanks for the reply...

where some buds are showing more amber than others would it be ok for me to harvest those with the most amber and leave the others to develop until I get the amount I want on there??

I know this is going to be couchlock by the time I harvest now but hey its all good!

I will definately feed plain rain water :)

no reason why you cannot harvest her like that ,,i would if she was mine ,,,i dont think i could of waited so long :D

happy harvesting thorn :yay:

Sure thing, you can take it off a bud at a time if you want.

They are yours to do as you want :)

My Papays do the same thing I just take them as they change so they don't turn black. And then usually the rest of the plant finishes out nicely...take care..

nice one thanks guys and gals...

I think these plants like us.. as we are just about to run out of the last half ounce we got. So just in time to do some picking :hubba:

I will have a good look at them this eve and take off a few samples and see how we get on with them, mmmmmm yummy yummy purple buds :D

Latest posts

Back