Yellow New leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmyhoffa59

Reaction score
Hello to all.. this is my first post and I have a question.. Im a first time grower and have around 18 small grapefruit and chronic growing under a 125 watt grow floro.. all started off fine and are all in there 3rd set of leaves.. the new leaves are growing in YELLOW the earlier growth is fine and they are in 20 ounce cups.. lower leaves are fine but new ones coming in are completely yellow.. i water ever other day and the soil is miracle grow i have not added nutes cause the seed leaves are still vibrant and green..I searched everywhere for help and most people always have lower leaves start to yellow from the tips mine are opposite and starting off yellow and the bottom leaves are fine.. what is going on?:(

Welcome JH,

Sounds like your problem could be a few things, nute burn, overwatering.

Look at this thread and see if there is any more info you can add:
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449

Put up some pics if you can.

I have yet to find one person successfully growing MJ in Miracle Grow.

Sounds like you need alot more light, get some shoplights if that is all you can afford.

Not sure how big they are but for the first couple of weeks, they will probably not need watering so often, and cut extra drainage in whatever you have them in - now and when you transplant.

Lastly, make sure and go over and 'introduce yourself', might bring more attention to this thread.

Good Luck

Ive been growing in MG moisture control soil. The only problems I had was the fact the soil already came with nutes. I didnt realize this and made the mistake of using nutes on top of that. I could immediately see the nute burn as yellowing leaves and then those yellow parts becoming brown.

It took me a while to figure it out, but I did. I immediately flushed out the plants for the new growth. Now the plants are in like their 5th week of vegging and are looking pretty good. Infact, out of my three plants..I think all are female. Even the one I thought would be male is showing preflower little pistils. Im still very unsure of telling sex on pre-flower but Ill figure it out.

Now my new growth comes in a very nice green, but the very very tips of the leaves brown out and die. I cant do anything about this because I think the initial stages of me vegging and nuting and the soil kinda messed up my plants in that regard but its ok. Im going to have to go get some fox farm for the clones is all.

Otherwise, the MG soil is pretty ok for a first time grower.

Elephant Man said:
I have yet to find one person successfully growing MJ in Miracle Grow.

Really? You haven't seen The Brother's Grunt's grow journals? ;) He uses MG soil...and so did I

Fluid1 said:
Really? You haven't seen The Brother's Grunt's grow journals? ;) He uses MG soil...and so did I

Thanks, I will check that out. It all looked 'hot' to me. Although I think some of you guys could grow a tree in a 3 inch pot of sand;) :D . I have very minimal experience but I read alot and try and help when I can.

Are you using the soil with the nutes in it already Jimmy? That could be the problem.
As mentioned before, over-watering could be an issue, do the leaves and strange curls or "rippling" to them? Watering as needed instead of on a set schedule usually gives the best results, go by weight or when the first inch or two are drying out.
Letting them dry out pretty good (obviously not too much) between watering allows more oxygen/Co2 to get into the mix and gives them a bit of, for lack of a better word "stress" to really uptake water/nutes when they get them.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :eek: ALRIGHT I TRANSPLANTED SIX OF MY HEALTHIEST PLANTS INTO 1/2 GALLON CONTAINERS WITH ORGANIC SOIL/MG SOIL AND LOTS OF PERLITE.. FOR DRAINAGE AND AIRATION.. WATERED AND FROM THE INITIAL SHOCK GOT THE NEW GROWN STILL GROWING IN YELLOW.. WENT AND TALKED TO A HYDRO SHOP AND GOT SOME NUTES AND MICROOGANISMS FOR THE ROOTS SINCE IT HAD ONLY BEEN 1 DAYS SINCE TRANSPLANTING.. DID A 1/4 DOSE OF NUTES AND FRIED ALL THE PLANTS LOWER LEAVES... *** *** ***... YES THERE IS NUTES IN THE MG PART OF THE SOIL BUT JESUS WHY CANT I GET THIS RIGHT.. I WATER ONLY WHEN TOP LAYER IS DRYING OUT.. TRIED EVERYTHING BUT OBVIOUSLY NOT ANYTHING THATS WORKING.. THEY LOOK LIKE CRAP AND HAVE STOPPED GROWING.. PLANTS ARE ABOUT 8 INCHES TALL AND ALL THE NEW GROWTH IS YELLOW SOLID.. SOME SMALL PATCHES OF GREEN.. AND THE LOWER LEAVES THAT WERE OK BURNED UP BAD.. WHAT THE HELL DO I DO TO SAVE THEM NOW? IVE ONLY USED NUTES THAT ONE TIME AND ITS BEEN ABOUT 4 DAYS.. AND ONE CLEAN WATERING YESTERDAY OF JUST WATER.. NO IMPROVEMENT THIS SUCKS.. HELP PLEASE!!!:mad:

I don't use the 'dry top soil' method of watering, being new, going by the weight of the pot works better for me. Feel how heavy the pot is after watering, and then after a day or two, check it again. Wait until it gets really light before watering again. I've noticed the largest growth spurts on the dry days.

Got a ph tester? Are you using tap water? Do you still have 18 plants under one cfl? Still alot of info you are leaving out to tell you a definate solution.

Yeah ok sorry for the info drop.. I dropped down to 6 of the top plants that were NOT yellow and got them in larger pots and everything.. im NOT over watering.. im using filtered water and only water maybe every 3 days.. since temp is sorta low.. maybe 70 degrees... the yellowing is HORRIBLE>. eating the plants alive they look like ****.. Im just frustrated because they should be starting to flower cycle by now but they just arent healthy or growing at all anymore.. what can I do? I mean the yellowing im talking about is ONLY on new growth.. till I fryed my plants with nutes that one time.. which sucks cause it was only a 1/4 dose. Any help please.. thanks..:eek:

Dude you should do a lot more reading and a lot less relying on forum people to help you along. I'd start completely over, but read as much as you can.... you should start by reading the threads on this very site, and go to
www.marijuanapassion.com
and read everything there too

im using filtered water
...depending on the type, filtered water can contain copius amounts of salts. I still don't see a ph reading. "PH" levels are "critical".

Latest posts

Back