Coping with size and age

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sopappy

Reaction score
I grow from seed and my plant heights (and age) are all over the map. In addition to lighting issues, I also now have nute dilemmae at resets.
What's worse, stuffing the small ones or starving the big ones?

View attachment nutes.jpg

I have no idea about water growing, but i do know they look happy, except, I think i see thrip on the bigger indica girl. Maybe just spilled nutes? Hope i am wrong. Others will help that know. nice plants though.

I have no idea about water growing, but i do know they look happy, except, I think i see thrip on the bigger indica girl. Maybe just spilled nutes? Hope i am wrong. Others will help that know. nice plants though.

yes, i saw one of those bastards last week looking at genitalia,
I threw the plant in the freezer and forgot about it!!!
Damn glad I''m posting again, THANK YOU for spotting that.... Gotta go!

PS I meant I was looking the genitalia, not the thripp... How could you tell anyways, all those eyes

ah here we go again, bleeding heart nanny state liberals, I guess Monterey Garden Insect Spray with Spinosad is illegal up here, amazon.ca doesn't have it, surprise, surprise

what are y'all using against thripps up here in Canada?

I was shocked when i learned that spinosad was not allowed in my state either, i used it. I didn't know. It is a bacteria, that was found in an old keg of rum. How can that hurt anyone? I use SNS for thrip, and I love Dr Zymes for everything.
Looks like you have thrip and I guess a ph problem. I don't ph stuff in my grows. Good luck guy. other smarter people will be by. Glad you are here sopappy.

when plants get stressed they send out a signal and bugs go in for the kill. Those are bug signs on the leaves. ph imbalance doesn't leave those types of marks on the leaves.

thanks, Umbra
going down to look again, where are the bastards?
Diachromat... whatever... Powder the plants? safe for humans, cuts them up
Damn, what next?

when you get things fixed, the best way to even up the growth some is simply top the bigger plants

when you get things fixed, the best way to even up the growth some is simply top the bigger plants

I have to do that with some even in flower :-(
I get some strange looking plants.

I can't find any bugs, did A reset and wiped down the rez and everything I could with H2O2 rinsed rag. New batch of nutes, 770ppm #part flora nova and added calmag... Ph 4.8 and overshot with 10mil to 6.8
(leaving it there overnight, adjust again tomorrow)

The roots look fine....
the rez is below, at camera end is the drain to below... At other end is pump output from below. The last pump I ordered came with a venturi attachment that aerates that bubbly little fountain.

View attachment flume.jpg

I was shocked when i learned that spinosad was not allowed in my state either, i used it. I didn't know. It is a bacteria, that was found in an old keg of rum. How can that hurt anyone? I use SNS for thrip, and I love Dr Zymes for everything.
Looks like you have thrip and I guess a ph problem. I don't ph stuff in my grows. Good luck guy. other smarter people will be by. Glad you are here sopappy.

Ya well, I'm glad you're here. I forgot all about that damn bug, I should have gone ballistic. Glad you spotted it.
But I can't find any now of course, I trimmed the ugly, wiped everything, did a reset,
I think I've seen SMS up here but not sure problem is only thrips...
can I dust the plants with Diatomaceous earth? or perhaps just all over the top of the stones?

"Spinosad is a natural substance made by a soil bacterium that can be toxic to insects"

This country is so effed up, we can't tell males from females so we call everybody peoples. Procurement of anything is a nightmare most times.... search spinosad on amazon.ca to see how truly backwards we are. A book ffs
Environmental Fate of Spinosad Paperback

Rose and Umbra,
I never suspected bugs for a second even when I spotted one .
Thanks kindly, I hope I'm not too late...
I sprayed milk on them last night in desperation, couldn't sleep.
Farming is no fun anymore

You need at least a 60 x loupe for some bugs.

Denial is not just a river in Egypt
I was sure it was everything BUT bugs, dammit, losing some in flower too
Bugs, the only thing I haven't had so far, it figures.
thanks for noticing the elephant in my room!

it was more like a tiny mouse. I seem to be a bug expert these last two years. I didn't want to have all those things either. I hear that H202 works well for bugs, but i have not used it. Look it up and see. Your plants can pull out of this, it is just a huge pain in the ya know. Keep your chin up.

it was more like a tiny mouse. I seem to be a bug expert these last two years. I didn't want to have all those things either. I hear that H202 works well for bugs, but i have not used it. Look it up and see. Your plants can pull out of this, it is just a huge pain in the ya know. Keep your chin up.

I stopped at HH, home depot and a grow store... Nothing.
Good things grow in Ontario my ***, bunch of damn liberal freeloaders, I'm so angry I could spit, how do I save my plants? Guy at the grow mentioned H2O2 as well but what do you do? Foliar? I'm hydro.

It'll be worse when it's legal too... You'll need a license to buy stuff you need to grow. Liberals saving all the growing and selling for their buddies.

I'll research the peroxide.. Thanks, Rose

I would find the dose and pull your plant out and dunk the whole plant in h202. Let dry before putting the lights back on
I will check the dose if I can find the guy that had good luck.

I would find the dose and pull your plant out and dunk the whole plant in h202. Let dry before putting the lights back on
I will check the dose if I can find the guy that had good luck.

I have done that but not purposefully.

Interesting, I could cover the net pot with my hand to keep the stones inside and dunk it, roots and all, it sure sounds harsh though,
I guess shocked is better than dead.

I found 5mil (29%) for a litre stat some where and sprayed that
(A teaspoons per quart)

looks like neither the milk nor H2O2 hurt anything

I hear the plants love the H202. I dip all my clones coming in from somewhere else. They don't mind. I really hope you can identify what you have and kill the sobs. My husband is trying to tell me to never take in another clone. He may be right. Good luck sopappy. Be diligent. if it is thrip and not mites you will need to repeat every three days.

Go online and get a forwarding service in the US.

Have stuff that won't ship to Canada shipped there and then the forwarding service will send it to you in CA.

Companies like Traveling Mailbox are everywhere.

Some will re-package if you ask. They will scan outside of packages so you can see them online. Some will even open your mail, scan it, send it to you in email, and then shred the original. $10 a month.

Latest posts

Back