Falling Ph

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Growdude

I am the Smo King
Reaction score
This is my second hydro grow and on the first grow the PH would slowly rise in this grow the PH is starting to slowly lower.

I change out the rez every 2 weeks

So everyone knows I am using a 8 bucket waterfarms with the remote rez.
These units use a remote rez to maintain the same nute level in all the buckets.
If I check the 15 gal rez. the ph is allways stable where I left it
But in each waterfarm there is allways about 5" of nute solution in each one and if I check there it is allways falling from the time I refill the hole system.

Plants are doing ok but ive noticed some spoting and the ph falls to dangerous levels, ~ 5.1

Any Ideas?

Are you using the same strain/feeding schedule/nutrients as last grow?

I'm not that familiar with the water farm system.. does that 5" of solution ever drain, or is it just topped off with the water from controlled fill line? If it's just topped off, then I would guess that minerals/nutrients are accumulating. :confused2:

As nutrients build up PH drops. More nutes = Lower Ph.
Try doing a quick flush and running just a little bit lighter on the nutes. Say 200-300 ppm lower.
You didn't say how fast the ph was falling.. how long does it take to drop to 5.1 and what is its initial reading when you first set it after a nute change out?

Useless said:
As nutrients build up PH drops. More nutes = Lower Ph.
Try doing a quick flush and running just a little bit lighter on the nutes. Say 200-300 ppm lower.
You didn't say how fast the ph was falling.. how long does it take to drop to 5.1 and what is its initial reading when you first set it after a nute change out?

In one week it goes from 5.9 to 5.1
Im going to flush and drop the nutes some thanks

Latest posts

Back