GHS A.M.S.,The Church & Lemon Skunk grow -This one will be HOT!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update week 8
Alright, 2 months in from seed and all the ladies are doing just fine. Starting to show off their lady parts pretty good now. 1/3 way thru flowering, 6 weeks to go. Just a few quick pics this week, been kinda busy and didn't feel like dragging them all out tonight. Anyway here's this weeks pics: p1-garden p2/5 some random lady parts.

Oh yeah- I've reached 200+ views-Cool! Thanks everyone!

Amaethon

P1010320.JPG

P1010331.JPG

P1010321.JPG

P1010333.JPG

P1010332.JPG

Lookin great man! Im a couple weeks behind you, hoping to have a garden looking like that!

Your looking good! I'm about 2 weeks ahead of you with AMS and Church. You are going to love the fattening up of those buds on the AMS. I really like these plants. Easy to grow, take cuttings, they like nutes, and overall trouble free. I like them.

Good luck
Max

BkPhate-You will, the waiting is the hardest part!
maximummax-That's what I like to hear. Yea, I really like the way the AMS grows, it suits my GR perfectly. It's definetly going into the next grow.
Updates this weekend.

Amaethon

Your plants look yummy!!! I'll be watching, I'm courious to see how the Church turns out.

Update week 9
Ok, everything going good, my ladies are all maturing quite nicely so far.

Plants are pretty much all over the place as far as size. Lemon Skunk 1-2-4 have just about outgrown my height limits so I hope they're about done growing (yeah right!) LS1 is the kinda plant you wish you could grow outdoors for about 6-7 months. She'd be a beast! 9 weeks old and 46"! I'm gonna have to bend them real soon. Time for some "S" shaped colas I guess. LS3 has a lot different pheno and is alot shorter than her sisters. (I kinda saw this coming and made a clone of her for the next grow. always plan ahead!)

AMS is still going good. Good size, branching, vigor and uniformity. This strain suits my GR conditions real nice. As long as it smokes good, and I know it will, it'll be back in the next grow too.

Still undecided about the church, at least the ones I got going. I finally figured out what I don't like about them so far, too many leaves! Things are everywhere, not big fan leaves but little 2"-3" fat 3 bladers. Plus the stems just kinda feel wimpy for lack of a better word. Of course the next few weeks and a good smoke could definitly sway me, but so far, I'm not to impressed. (at least 1/4 of leaves have been trimmed off)

Anyway here's this weeks pics- 3 posts as usual. Pics came out really crappy ths week but you can get the idea. I guess I had the camera adj. all wrong, plus the angle's a little strange, makes them look more elongated then they really are. Yard stick in pics so if anyones interested they can see how much they've grown since flowering. look back a few posts for comparision. Enough typing, here the pics: Church/garden first

p1-garden p2-C1 p3-C2

P1010370.JPG

P1010390.JPG

P1010391.JPG

And last the Lemon Skunk. I knew this strain was going to be a handful to grow in my setup, but I've smoked it a few times and just loved it I couldn't resist giving it a try. Hopefully the litlle LS3 clone I got going will work out ok.

*just a note, I've just started my next batch this past thursday, made a new veg chamber in which they'll be moving into tomarrow. If all goes well within days of chopping these the next will be ready to flower. 5 weeks to harvest and my normal 5 weeks of veg. In theory it should work out just right. Haven't decieded on whether or not to do another GJ or not on it yet.
The strains should be as follows: (It may change a little, a couple of seeds havent sprouted yet and the LS3 clone is my first cloning attempt so not sure yet, but looking good) AMS x2 Churchx1 LSx3 (2 seed 1 clone) and for a little added flavor a G13 White Widow and a G13 Purple Lady. The WW and PL both sprouted in under 36 hrs! Cool!
Oh yeah, LS pics:

p1-LS1 p2-LS2 p3-LS3 p4-LS4 p5-Close up LS4

enjoy-
Amaethon

P1010378.JPG

P1010381.JPG

P1010384.JPG

P1010387.JPG

P1010388.JPG

First off, your plants look great. Very nice shade of green. And B, what is Ams? I've never heard of that strain.

Thanks for the props! Yea, nice and green- no yellowing, curling or any deficiencies what so ever. I attribute that to good seed genes and good soil. I mix FFOF with MG organic (3-1 ratio) and ever since I started doing that (about 3 grows ago) I hardly, if ever need to add nutes. I add a little 2 weeks into flowering and a little 2 weeks before harvest just because I think I should. My Granpa always said "don't try to fix what ain't broke" so if they don't ask for nutes, I don't give them. I figure FF spent all that money and time developing a nearly perfect MJ soil, who am I to say nope, you forgot to add this or that nute, or you didn't put enough of this in. It's supposed to feed for 3 months or about 1 grow cycle. The only thing I don't like about it (thus the nearly perfect comment) is that when I water, it seems to run right thru, that's the reason I add MG just to help with water retention a little. Works for me, however your mileage may vary with your driving style and conditions. If you look at the problem posts section, so many have to do with people messing up things with nutes and then making it worse by trying to add different nutes to fix the first problem. I don't need those kinda headaches so the way I look at it, if your dog ain't hungry, don't force it to eat.

As far as the AMS- It stands for "anti mold strain" but I have also heard it referred to as American Medical Strain and a few other weird names.
Myself I kinda like- "Amaethons Mystery Smoke"
Got them from Greenhouse (via Attitude) their website states:
Swiss Sativa-Swiss Indica mix
Strong high,w/ a clearside and more introspective one. very paticular taste, sweet and complex.
THC-17.08% CBD-.55% CBG-0%
They were inexpensive, and the traits seemed to fit my GR setup is why I got them, plus I've searched all over the web and it always gets a good review. So far I like them alot. But until I smoke it, I can't grade it!

Amaethon

ive grown church be4 and i think u will be really pleased with the results. i loved it and plain on get a WHOLE LOT MORE of them seeds when i order next time good luck on ur grow

That sounds good. I hear lots of good smoke reports on it, that's why I got it. Mine don't seem to have the traits as most I've seen, I got another planned for the next grow, could be just a odd pheno I got on these 2. But like I said, I won't grade it until I smoke it! I've grown some spindly, tiny nasty looking plants that would get you high as you can be and grown others that were magazine beautiful and barley gave you a buzz. The proof is in how it smokes - not in how the plants looks. A $3 juicy hamburger is better than a $15 tough-overcooked steak, but which looks better on the menu? Let you know in about a month! Thanks!!

Amaethon

Update week 10
Hope everyones doing well! Here's this weeks update. Everything still going great, 35 days into flowering, 28 to go! Plants have all but halted vertical growth (finally!) and are starting to concentrate on the good stuff.
Buds, buds everywhere!
The Lemon Skunk is getting very frosty already, quicker than I've seen any other plant I've ever grown. You can see the resin glands pretty much with the naked eye. (check out pics!) I had to bend the big girl down, no biggie. The AMS and Church are filling in nicely, tho 1 AMS is a little behind the other 2 as far as compactness goes.
Heres this weeks pics. I kinda screwedup the camera again, I just can't seem to get the settings the way I like it for the GR, once again you get the idea tho. No individual pics this week, just garden and c/ups)

p1/2/3/-garden p4-lower buds p5-LS glands p6- LS niceness!
(use your zoom or whatever you have and check out the glands on those last 2 pics - still 28 days to go!)

Amaethon

P1010516.JPG

P1010523.JPG

P1010526.JPG

P1010521.JPG

P1010513.JPG

P1010528.JPG

I couldn't resist so I picked a couple LS leaves and put them under the microscope. Here's a some pics of the trichs. These were taken on an old QX3 scope at 60x. I had to resize them bigger which made them blurrier. If you view them, they are clearer if you view at about 75% size.

I hope this works = 3rd times a charm!

Amaethon

edit: actually they look best just in thumbnail form

LS1.jpg

LS2.jpg

LS3.jpg

LS4.jpg

LS5.jpg

Looks like she is starting to amber! Nice grow man, no nutes Im blown away. It will look like chaos in there 28 days from now!!

Yeah chaos sounds good, it makes the world interesting! Seriously tho I'm sure it'll be packed in there, but you won't hear me complaing. (except when i need to move things around a little, or bend like a circus artist just to water!)

I'm not sure if no nutes is correct, perhaps no additional nutes is better. It is a soil grow (3 parts FFOF 1 part MG organic) so the soil is full of nutes for them to use. All green leaves, no spotting, no reddish stems as of yet.
Wth still 24 days to go tho it is possible they might "use up" what the soil has to offer and have to be given a dose or two. But unless they shows signs of needing it, I won't just freely give it. I used to be a nute junkie, giving them all the best stuff on strict schedules and such and to be honest the only significant difference I've seen in final growth as oppossed to grows with very little to none added was that the plants I used to nute had a lot thicker main stems. Yield not really that much diff, size about the same, quality the same, basically just thicker stems. It's hard to tell in the pics but the main stems on these are about the size of a Sharpie magic marker. A friend of mine who also gardens uses nutes all the time and his plants always have these big 1" diameter main stems. I'm sure I could probaly eek a little more size and such out of them if I used some additional nutes, but look at the pics, do I really want them any bigger?

Everytime I start a new grow I try to remember KISS -
Keep it simple stupid!
The less I have to do and worry about, well, the less I have to do and worry about.
allright starting to ramble on again, later-

Amaethon

Hey everyone, out of town last weekend, so i didn't get a chance to update. Everythings still going well. Updated pics and such in a day or so.
14 days to go, starting to get that tingling feeling!

Amaethon

Update Week 12 +2days (day 51 since 12/12)

Hey everyone, here's a long overdue update. Things are still right on track.
Day 51 of 12/12, harvest right around the corner (day 63 +/-) All the girls are doing fine, no problems to report at all. Gave them a good look over the other day and dosen't appear as tho any have commited hermicide.
Just from observation I would say 3 LS 2 AMS and both Church should be done by day 63 without problem, I'll check the trics soon, but harvest day is pretty much set. 1 LS and 1 AMS, the 2 tallest plants, both lean a little bit more on the sativa side of the family and from the look of things will probably need 2 extra weeks or so. That's ok, no biggie.

The LS is getting very, very odorous. It dosen't really give off an odor until you move it, then watch out. I actually had to install a carbon filter.
(DIY of course, the true homegrown way!) and it has helped dramatically.
And yes, it does smell like Lemon/citrus with a slight skunk undertone. Actually it smell friggin awesome! I mean nice. I likeee alot!

All the plants have at least 10" colas (most more!) and I have noticed, especially on the AMS, that the lower buds are really starting to fill in quite rapidly. The last couple week swell is on. Gotta love it!

Allright starting to go on again. Heres some pics. all are of garden, no individual from now till chopping day. Got them positioned pretty much just how I like them, plus the stink when you start to move them around is just too strong to take any chances.

Amaethon

P1010544.JPG

P1010553.JPG

P1010554.JPG

P1010559.JPG

P1010562.JPG

P1010563.JPG

Latest posts

Back