NV's organic soil mix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, seems to be lots a inconsistency and "after the fact" imperative instructions. Now, even a patent !! Ha !! Gotta love the internet and the reinvention of the wheel.....

mountain man said:
Yeah, seems to be lots a inconsistency and "after the fact" imperative instructions. Now, even a patent !! Ha !! Gotta love the internet and the reinvention of the wheel.....

MM.....

i live where he gets all his supplies for the mix...I am running it without a hitch, so im not sure what you did wrong, its really ease when you can get the exact ingredients! the only problem i have found, is my heavy hand with watering, they dont need a drench, less is better!

I got a little excited and planted my first round after 2 weeks cooking, it shocked the hell out of them! but they where fine! this round, got the typical burn, then a nice recovery to perfectly green leaves...

i would say more water is better in the beginning, i think he is under guessing the amount he adds...

also depends on the temps and rh of the cooking room!

One person fails and bashes the whole super soil. Its a shame.

With the supper soils it's all in the mixing and letting the microbes do their job before adding plants the longer the soils cook the better for the plants. IMO you have to adjust the SS to your growing style/ways.

mountain man said:
30 to 40 gallons of water! Now, that's funny men.......

its not all that funny bro, ask NC..he recommends at least 20-30 gallons for the first 30 days!!!!

if you didnt do that, then theres the reason for all the heat!!!!

no offense bro, im running this mix to the T, im having no issues, my garden is lush and green, vegging like rockstars.....i do apologize for your troubles with the mix....

but really....it does need at least 20-30 gallons water in the beginning!

..........Also.......there is no need to adapt the soil to ones style, the grower just need a little education on how organics works.

Kushluvr said:
its not all that funny bro, ask NC..he recommends at least 20-30 gallons for the first 30 days!!!!

if you didnt do that, then theres the reason for all the heat!!!!

please---pardon my confusion and clarify---all that water is to cool down the soil ???

and if so---wouldn't the runoff be leaching out a good amount of the nutrients???

orangesunshine said:
please---pardon my confusion and clarify---all that water is to cool down the soil ???

and if so---wouldn't the runoff be leaching out a good amount of the nutrients???

Kinda does sound like a flush huh.

orangesunshine said:

In a well vented space, like mine, where the soil cooks. It need to be kept constantly moist. So for me its about that amount of water over a month, give or take. There is no runoff. Its in a baby pool and needs to be in a container w/ no holes.

As far as the mix overall. Not everyones experience will be the same. But what cannot be denied is my pics of a lush green plant upon harvest and at 1.75g per watt everytime. Well. You do the math.

thanks clarificationNC---that just did not make any sense to me---your skills and knowledge have never come to doubt with me---as i say to many a "know it all" and also applies to me in comparison to you---you have forgotten more abot growing than i might ever know---peace

im not acting like a know it all, if you are referring to me?

im simply repeating what NC has told me personally.....that is, thats all!

if you wanna think that way, go a head and judge me,
the recipe is awesome for someone competent enough to mix it up!

Im about to flower in a week or so, ill post all my pics here, and show you how well it works.....

orangesunshine said:
thanks clarificationNC---that just did not make any sense to me---your skills and knowledge have never come to doubt with me---as i say to many a "know it all" and also applies to me in comparison to you---you have forgotten more abot growing than i might ever know---peace

as i feel the same, i have mad respect for NC...he has a very good grasp on MJ...organics especially! as i am still learning. but i pay close attention, i may ask twice to verify some info, but i would not steer anyone in the wrong direction from growing the best MJ possible!

i did not refer to ANYONE in this thread as a "know it all"---let's not muddy up NC's thread with a bunch of crap huh

I dont think that was targeted at you Kush. And as far as im concerned your posts have been more on the consistant, knowledgeable side than it is bashing anyone or any one thing. I have found your posts helpful where as MM is being a little hostile and on the defensive the whole time. :icon_smile:

Have no worries. :chillpill: Everyone needs to just chill out, learn from their mistakes and take others words of wisdom. :holysheep:

MM nor you have hindered my decision on using this soil mix. I have seen the pictures and i am more than ready to try it out, given one or two changes just because of what is available to me, and my growing conditions.

:48:

Drfting07

I told NC that he would not be held responsible for my dirt. I followed it as much as I could, but I am an old gardener and I do a lot by feel and intuition, so it is in no way exact. I will water more as soon as it warms up outside and then cook a couple more months I guess.

I love how it looks so far and I love growing my own dirt! It's all good.

PPl one thing to remember with organic receipes is that even tho you can follow someones receipe 100% as far as ingredents go then is still a difference in them from bag to bag or mix to mix. You have to watch YOUR plants and Learn what they want. Then adapt the mix for the next grow.

Rosebud said:
I told NC that he would not be held responsible for my dirt. I followed it as much as I could, but I am an old gardener and I do a lot by feel and intuition, so it is in no way exact. I will water more as soon as it warms up outside and then cook a couple more months I guess.

I love how it looks so far and I love growing my own dirt! It's all good.
:yeahthat:

Yeah, it's not like baking where you have to follow a recipe to a T or else it's a fail, but more like making chili or a stew, where you start with a basic recipe and then adjust to suit.

It's not rocket science, nor is it rocket fuel, just getting a blend of bio degradable stuff together in amounts that suit our purposes.

In the final analysis, it's just dirt and just a plant. Get a grip here.:holysheep:

Wet

Latest posts

Back