B.H.O. Made Simple

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude your blasting inside huge No No . I know your gonna tell me fan ventilation etc but my buddy had the tube light off and shoot across the kitchen catching curtains on fire Etc. He took all the proper steps and static spark ignited it.

That wax does Look killer. Do you vacuum purge at all?
One off the perks of being an hvac tech ;)

i be double purging tomorrow with hot water in the crock pot and a pressurized purging pot---check back later---gonna see if i can get me a case of co2 and a case of butane---ca frowns on chemical extractions

CO2 needs to be pressurized and heated to make it supercritical orange.... it is nothing like extracting with butane....

Dude your blasting inside huge No No . I know your gonna tell me fan ventilation etc but my buddy had the tube light off and shoot across the kitchen catching curtains on fire Etc. He took all the proper steps and static spark ignited it.

That wax does Look killer. Do you vacuum purge at all?
One off the perks of being an hvac tech ;)

Stank man, i've been blasting indoors for over 2 years now without incident.

Static can ignite butane indoors and outdoors. The key is knowing how to prevent a static charge from building up and discharging. Don't take off or put on clothing when you are blasting/purging. Long hair needs to be put in check. Don't blast in a room with carpet or lots of rugs. No pets in the room you're blasting in. Your friend obviously wasn't that safe when he was making oil because he let enough butane build up to ignite. If there is too much air and only a little butane, you can't have ignition. If there is too much butane and only a little air you can't have ignition. You have to have a good air/fuel ratio for ignition to occur. Think about a car engine... too much fuel and the vehicle won't run. Too much air and the vehicle won't run. You have to have the correct ratio for ignition to happen. The key is to not let that ratio get in to "the danger zone".

Your right it won't. I use a hot water bath while blasting in the cold then I take it inside where I place it on my hot plate. I didn't mean to offend you but you sound just like my buddy who almost burnt his house down.

I also use a 7 CFM vacuum pump and proper vac chamber to purge my oil. I may be a noob at growing but I'm not at making BHO
When I blast I wear safety glasses and a mask and my refrigerant retarded gloves for safety. If it goes wrong in Toronto making it you might as well be making meth causes charges will be steep

In Ontario the most used tane is calibri

Who is disregarding safety? It is completely possible to blast indoors safely. There are steps that need to be taken in order to make sure it is safe to do so. My kitchen, where I blast/purge can be sealed off from the rest of the house. A box fan is put in a window 2 feet from where I am blasting to create negative air pressure. There are zero sources for ignition besides static in my kitchen (which can happen indoors or outdoors). I only blast one batch at a time to help prevent a gas build up (which can't happen anyway because of the negative air pressure). I make my wife and dogs vacate the kitchen prior to blasting. I will not remove or add clothing while there is liquid butane in the pyrex dish. I fail to see how taking all these precautions is being blase.

I've read articles about people blowing themselves up indoors and outdoors because they weren't taking the proper precautions. http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2014/05/hundreds_of_butane_canisters_e.html Look at the sixth paragraph down.

I'm gonna exspress my option that a feel is safer then blasting inside. It's just my oppion you got but hurt over it.

Like I said blast inside all you want.
I'm still gonna preach to blast outside.

I blast in my porch kind of like AM does, good ventilation is the key. Nobody is retarded here.

I think that what needs to be expressed here (and without the insults) is that no matter where you blast and purge it is dangerous. Whether it is inside or outside there are steps that need to be taken to ensure your safety.

Well said AM. Safety is a must as well as research it's not like growing ppl can die

:yay::headbang::woohoo:

i blasted a case of cans outside yesterday---double purge by hot water bath and vacume pot---32g's :lama::guitar:

my 2 sense on blasting indoors---why would anybody ever want to take the chance on an accident blows my mind---nobody wants to pull a richard pryor or burn their pad down---be safe by eliminating any and all possibilities by making it as safe as possible---fans in windows can short circuit, fall over, pilot lights on stoves---ignition sources are endless---it only takes 1 time to ruin your day when it could all be avoided by just putting safety 1st at all times---this is a very dangerous type of extraction---don't respect it as such and you will eventually get burned

for the record---richard pryor is dead RIP---im not taking sides or flaming---just stating some obvious facts---this is a very dangerous activity and even when you are careful---sheit can happen---that's why they call them ACCIDENTS---blasting od does not eliminate the danger of ignition---it only limits a number of sources for ignition found id

Who is disregarding safety? It is completely possible to blast indoors safely. There are steps that need to be taken in order to make sure it is safe to do so. My kitchen, where I blast/purge can be sealed off from the rest of the house. A box fan is put in a window 2 feet from where I am blasting to create negative air pressure. There are zero sources for ignition besides static in my kitchen (which can happen indoors or outdoors). I only blast one batch at a time to help prevent a gas build up (which can't happen anyway because of the negative air pressure). I make my wife and dogs vacate the kitchen prior to blasting. I will not remove or add clothing while there is liquid butane in the pyrex dish. I fail to see how taking all these precautions is being blase.

I've read articles about people blowing themselves up indoors and outdoors because they weren't taking the proper precautions. http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2014/05/hundreds_of_butane_canisters_e.html Look at the sixth paragraph down.
Is that a spark proof fan? A box fan absolutely creates sparks. You would need one that is safe to use in a paint booth. I have personally seen a paint booth ignite from a fan. You know im on your side AM...just want to make sure you are safe.

Is that a spark proof fan? A box fan absolutely creates sparks. You would need one that is safe to use in a paint booth. I have personally seen a paint booth ignite from a fan. You know im on your side AM...just want to make sure you are safe.

The box fan has been a concern. It is the reason I won't blast more than one ounce at a time. If the butane saturation levels stay low enough it isn't an issue.
This weekend I cut a piece of plywood to fit in my kitchen window. i cut a 6 inch circular hole in the center and mounted a 6 inch flange to the ply wood. Now I can use a 6in MaxFan, which has a sealed motor, to draw the air/butane out of the room.

I appreciate the concern Lesso!

Latest posts

Back