here goes..... kind of

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blunt

I kill them all
Reaction score
So 3 weeks ago i ask my wife if i can grow some weed. her response.. "sure, go ahead"
So fast forward 3 weeks after reading almost every thread on this forum and studying everything i can so i minimize my mistakes. ive dropped 1500.00 on supplies and equiptment,nutes etc etc to aid me setting up my rooms. Ive got some seeds and they are currently germinating so yesterday i start building my rooms. i chose a mud room downstairs that will give me a 6x6 flower room and another 4x6 for vegging. ive thought it out and bought equiptment for this space. i start building the veg room first and get it about 80% done yesterday. this morning i wake up to my wife screaming at me about "how are people going to be able to use the bathroom adjacent the mud room?" and "our house is going to reek"
maybe she pictured me with a dixie cup on the kitchen window sill or something. anyways, long story short.... im tearing it all down and moving my grow to my garage. i restore cars as a hobby also so i have a heated garage that i keep at 45 degrees in the winter months (i live up north)
thats not attached to the house and is basically in the woods with no neighbors. i have taken stoneybuds advice and knowledge and am riding his coat tails and will be building his ebb and flow rubbermaid system.
i also built a smaller ebb and flow for vegging. i got a 1k vertilux HPS and a air cooled hood with digital ballast for flowering and flourescents for vegging... lots of little stuff that really adds up quickly. i need to hustle now because i have to build a full fledged room now that my wife basically put the kabash on my in house plan. ill be posting pics of my grow room as soon as i start. im thinking of setting up a temp vegging room because i believe ill be crunched for time now. thanks for all the wisdom ive gathered off this site. hopefully i will be able to give back at some point.

you know if i was you i wouldnt of told your wife your growing, just leads to one extra mouth of knowing and telling.. dont trust anyone around you expecially your own wife.
Secrecy is the key.

Well good luck my friend sounds like you have really put some time and money into your grow! The only thing i would say is that if this is your first time growing and your going to trying hyrdroponics you might have a little difficulty but if you think you can do it, go for it man! Hope everything goes wonderful! What kind of seeds are your germing? Can't wait to see some pics

BizzyHigh said:
Well good luck my friend sounds like you have really put some time and money into your grow! The only thing i would say is that if this is your first time growing and your going to trying hyrdroponics you might have a little difficulty but if you think you can do it, go for it man! Hope everything goes wonderful! What kind of seeds are your germing? Can't wait to see some pics

thanks man, i think you are correct. im bound to fail amd make some mistakes but im here for the long haul and i learn quick. im just playing with some bagseed i got from a friend right now. ill do this grow and learn and then order up some known good seeds. im going to rely on the experts and try to get my knowledge up quickly. i learn best from my own mistakes too. thanks and ill toss up some pics soon

SwisherSweets said:
you know if i was you i wouldnt of told your wife your growing, just leads to one extra mouth of knowing and telling.. dont trust anyone around you expecially your own wife.
Secrecy is the key.

haha, i hear you man. but i think im ok with her knowing. ive been married forever and she actually likes me so i think ill be okay there. but yes, nobody else will know.

thats good!! just try to be safe. another thing to fear too is kids, because the gov trains kids in d.a.r.e. to snitch on there own parents.

hey BLUNT, great to hear some1 else is getting jiggy in the grow room :rofl: sounds like youve read the site alright. and if you follow stoney bud's advice in his threads then you will go far.

welcome to MP mate, its a great place, keep it green.

85CANNABLISS

started on my box tonight. its 6x12 and ill split it up probably 4x6 and 8x6
ive got all the sides on tonight but didnt get pics. this is the initial frame. i just used 2x2's and 1/4 inch osb to keep it easy and simple.
box006.jpg

they sure will, i can wait to see the finished product BLUNT, its gonna be sweet. any ideas on what strain youll start with?

85cannabliss said:
they sure will, i can wait to see the finished product BLUNT, its gonna be sweet. any ideas on what strain youll start with?

not sure. i started some bagseed because im brand new at this and wanted to test the waters. i thought i killed them but i have 3 that hung in there and are taking off now. ill play with these and once i feel confident ill order up some ww or ak.

ok im making progress altho it doesnt seem like it. im tailoring my process and experimenting with bagseed. ive killed most of them but i have one thats survived and after a few changes IE better room temp control,proper PH and PPM, some nutes and water temp control its starting to take off. i have ordered some AK47 seeds from serious seed and my stoneybud ebb and flow is almost done. im glad i played with this bagseed and boosted my confidence before playing with the expensive seed. i can see that each improvement i make has a great effect on the plant and you can see it within hours.
so hopefully in a week or so ill start a serious grow,...

wow,and welcome...sounds like your gonna have a real nice set-up.cant wait to see some serious greenage!good luck 2ya

lyfr said:
wow,and welcome...sounds like your gonna have a real nice set-up.cant wait to see some serious greenage!good luck 2ya

thanks man, ive been following your grow also. trying to absorb all the knowlwdge i can. its so overwhelming at first but its starting to click now.

Just a suggestion..:

Why not get some pots and grow some in soil.

Why you might ask??

well if you fudge up in Hydro set up. you can whip out your whole grow.
at least your soil will be seperate wont be effected.

its awlful to be going along 2 months later and something happens.
Pump break, algae outbreak, pipe bust and etc and the two months
you just spent is gone.

And who knows.. you might actually enjoy growing in soil its a whole
LOT LESS maintence..

ok , ive made every mistake possible on this poor plant and it refuses to die. ive nute burned it, over watered it and under watered it.
have a look at this poor thing and tell me what you think. its almost 5 weeks and barely 3 inches. i just started it on a 250w MH this morning. it was on CFL's (and not enough lumens) for the first stage of its life. its on 20/4 with 1/3 nutes for about 3 days now. i nute burned it early on and then switched to plain water for a while trying to recover it. PH is kept 5.0-6.0
room temps 70-80F with a fan blowing 24/7. my ventilation is lacking right now. im in my garage which is heated to 45F all winter. i have a small space heater and between that and lighting it stays nice in there. humidity is all over the place and i dont know why but its 30-55% sporadically.
oh, i also switched to distilled water last res change (3 days ago)
what do you guys think im doing wrong? the roots look bad. brownish color.
also, ive been adding H2O2 each morning.. thanks
ebay3009.jpg

ebay3008.jpg

wow, good job man. with building that room.
your going to black out thoes windows....right???

but it may be a good idea to open one once in awhile...give ur plants fresh air.

Ekoostik_Hookah said:
wow, good job man. with building that room.
your going to black out thoes windows....right???

but it may be a good idea to open one once in awhile...give ur plants fresh air.

I have panda film all over all the walls so they are completly blocked off. i will be venting out the one in my flower room if i ever keep anything alive that long. its 4 degrees here so i cant really open any windows. i will vent into my garage i guess. its big... 1000sq feet. this is a damn weed.. i dont understand why im having so much trouble. you guys all make it look so easy.
any idea by looking at this one sorry plant what im doing wrong?
thanks

Latest posts

Back