The germination: 1 towel germination, 1 in styrofoam cup.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dabotniss

Reaction score
Trying to see which method works best. Both seeds are purple kush..I AM using FF ocean for the cup and just water. And toliet tissue on the other seed in ziplock. Hopefully germination takes rite off. As soon as they do I'll hala. Question....is it a good idea once sprout gets rite to go head and transfer to net cup filled with hydroton. Or should I transfer to a cup get roots stronger then advance to my BUBBLER?

You cannot put a seed directly into hydrotron. You are going to need some kind of medium to hold it like a rapid rooter or rock wool cube. I don't put mine into the bubbler until I have good root growth out of the cube.

FF Ocean Forest is awfully hot. I dont expect your seed to show its head for very long.

:yeahthat:

I wouldnt expect to even see the head...I like to use peat pellets from Homedepot to jump start me seeds..just my thaughts

take care and be safe

When I germ my seeds, I use the wet paper towel method but as soon as I see the seed pop and I get a little tap root out, I go ahead and stick them in either coco, or in the rapid rooter for placing in hydroton.

drfting07 said:
FF Ocean Forest is awfully hot. I dont expect your seed to show its head for very long.
Apreciate it. I was very anxy so I checked them. Both have sprouted. Now worried about burn from ffo strength. Yo as soon as I get up im goin to a hydro store.

4u2sm0ke said:
:yeahthat:

I wouldnt expect to even see the head...I like to use peat pellets from Homedepot to jump start me seeds..just my thaughts

take care and be safe
Checked them and they have sprouted. Goin to store asap.

The Hemp Goddess said:
You cannot put a seed directly into hydrotron. You are going to need some kind of medium to hold it like a rapid rooter or rock wool cube. I don't put mine into the bubbler until I have good root growth out of the cube.
so whats so bad about developing roots n FFO soil?

FF soil is very rich in Nitrogen which is very hot on young sprouts. When MJ seeds first germenate until they get to about 2weeks old, the plants do not need any nutrients at all as they normally feed on the little sprout leaves until their roots develop fully enough to take over on feeding the plant. During the root development period the tender flesh of the roots will literally burn up from the intense chemical structure of a nutrient filled soil.

Sometimes if you are lucky, there will be a spot in the soil where the nutrient concentration is not so high that the sprout can survive long enough for the root to toughen up some before it grows into a more intense chemical environment within the cup or planter. When this happens, the plant will survive it but will show initial burning and will slowly recover from it.

When seeds are germed, you should always start out in a nutrient neutral soil or soilless medium in which the plants' roots can grow and develop for at least 2 weeks before being exposed to any nutes, and then only in small amounts at first and build up to full strength as the plant grows and needs more nutes. I believe what many soil guys do is to start out in cups of neutral soil then when the seedling leaves(cotyledons) start yellowing, the plant get transferred into the more nuted soil.

I you didn't already know this, I hope it helps :)

Yeah probly seem real lame for even askin. Cool I can say Im bout 4 days into. I think the medium that I chose is neutral. Some type of peatmoss and spagmish or something. Sprouts are looking real good rite now just waitintil they are about aweek or so old so I can put them in my 5gal.

In growing MJ there are no lame questions my friend. Never be ashamed to ask if you need to know something :)

Hushpuppy said:
In growing MJ there are no lame questions my friend. Never be ashamed to ask if you need to know something :)
Man I guess messed up pretty gud. My babbies are out and cotdelyns r there with two leaves. Thing is, in the small seedling cup wit spagnhum peat. It was to small or hard for the roots to establish. I say this because plants look as thou it has siezed or stopped. So I took them out and put them in the ffof. First I filled the cup wit soil and flushed it,put the seedlings n der and back under light(100w cfl). Hell even put it under the 400w MH. Afterwards no light for about 4 or 5hrs. Turned on cfl for 20mins the decided to put them outside in the rays of sun. Sun was so beautiful. Since sun went down more I brought them back inside under cfl. They are lush green dark,stem is purplre in color. No burn surprisingly. And havent noticed any growth. Are my babbies ok. Or just shocked.

It's hard to say at this point what kind of shape they are in as things progress pretty rapidly at this point. I would suggest you keep them in a very warm place(80degrees) under the CFL bulb, and leave it on 24hrs. Don't put the seedlings in the dark at all(they don't need the dark period until they reach the flowering stage). If you want to take advantage of the warm sun during the day that is ok as long as the temps stay right around 80 for the first 7-10 days. I personally wouldn't move them at all once they are stable in their environment. At least not until they have begun to grow vigorously enough to be good and streong. :)

Alright. Ima go ahead and stick it out. Time to invest in a tent and prepare for prepetual setup.. To many mistakes my first go around. FOR ALL THE NEW BEES LIKE ME TAKE YUR TIME AND SURE EVERTHING IS IN LINE, U MITE END UP WASTING MONEY TIME AND EFFORT NOT TO MENTION THE MJ. Ive learned my lesson

How does Oassis work? can I put a sprouting seed into a cube of that, then put the cube in some soil. will the new roots be able to penitrate the foam blocks?
This way the have a neutral start if the soild is too rich for them,

I had problems I germinated very fast looked strong and healthy then nothing seemed to happen very slow 2.5 weeks after sprouting they look the same as 1 week.!!!

epicstuff said:
How does Oassis work? can I put a sprouting seed into a cube of that, then put the cube in some soil. will the new roots be able to penitrate the foam blocks?
This way the have a neutral start if the soild is too rich for them,

I had problems I germinated very fast looked strong and healthy then nothing seemed to happen very slow 2.5 weeks after sprouting they look the same as 1 week.!!!

how large is the oasis cube?...if its 1x1 u'll need to wait till you see many roots popping out before you can put into "hot" soil. and yes the root will be able to poke through the cube

However big I cut it. what would you recomend and is there anything to be gained from it?

Latest posts

Back