seed shipping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrowUsome

Reaction score
when seeds are in the shipping process i'm sure they are not in ideal conditions (in cold or hot packages for days). does this affect their overall health or ability to germ?

I've only made 2 purchases GU, both arrived in good time (In the UK and bought from UK sites so 3 working days).
Out of 18 beans I put in paper towels, 17 have cracked (waiting for 1) and all 17 got out of the ground. The way I see it, from that stage onwards, the breeder/vendor can do no more.
Stay frosty W

never had a problem receiving or germinating seed from Europe (UK and NL), even in the dead of winter. but have had all sorts of DOA problems with seed shipped from Canada. not gotten but maybe 1 in 10 seeds from Canada to even germinate; and those that did - then stopped. probably more a case of old seed rather than shipping problems.

that's not meant to condemn Canadians - just my personal experience.

its cold in the northern states just like Canada, so i would think there is another explanation for the poor germ rate.

i dunno bud, i keep seed in the freezer without adverse effects. don't think its only the cold.

I have ordered over a dozen times from Attitude alone and no big problems...seeds are pretty hardy.

I have ordered from Nirvana and Attitude, I'm in So Cal, thats a long way to travel and I'm sure there are some extreme temperature and pressure changes. They must send them via air mail and the cargo bay must get pretty cold. I have about 98% germ rate. I have ordered 5 different times. I recommend Attitude.

Latest posts

Back