Growing Marijuana Forum

Bud of the Month Photo by Kraven!
Go Back   Marijuana Growing Forum > Marijuana Cultivation > Grow Journals
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2016, 01:19 AM   #1021
Grower13
a happy grower

Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13

well Kraven and myself had somebody teach us the way to make our plants look like that.......... I've seen lots off picture of plants on the internet for years........ lots of good growers.......... but I ain't never seen any plants look better all the time than the way we were taught.......... Kraven, Yarddog and myself use same nutrients.... same medium.... but we differ in the way we do it.......... but our plants always look dang good...... cause they Happy Happy Happy......... and the results show it.

Grower13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 01:46 AM   #1022
Kraven
The Dean of Green

Kraven Kraven Kraven Kraven Kraven Kraven Kraven Kraven Kraven Kraven Kraven

Yup....

If the grass is greener on the other side, you can bet the water bill is higher.

Kraven's Grow
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=74030

Kravens S1 Project
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=74391
Kraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 01:22 PM   #1023
yarddog
Certified pot smoker

yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog

Icookies. She has looked horrible the whole time. Growing ok, just looks a mess.
Attached Images

Old 01-10-2017, 01:38 PM   #1024
Kraven
The Dean of Green

Kraven Kraven Kraven Kraven Kraven Kraven Kraven Kraven Kraven Kraven Kraven

Dog just my humble opinion but she looks real mg deficient and possibly maybe just plain locked out. I would flush the coco with 1/4 strength nutes at a pH of 6.0 with added Epsom salt, 1/4 gal. Let that drain to waste and get about 2 gals of it though the coco. Then let the coco dry, you can feel the difference in weight just like soil. She weirdly enough looks over watered, which is really hard to do with coco....which tells me she needs fresh O2 into the root zone. It's an easy fix, may have to go up one pot size if she is root bound...that will give you this look too and really make the root zone funny as far as pH and dry spots if all its roots are packed in with no room to grow, sorta the roots strangle themselves. 13 may see something different that would be my suggestion. She will be fine, in hydro we fix our problems in 72 hours or less...well same goes for problems showing up and getting really bad...sorta a 2 edged sword. Don't fret she can be fixed quickly.

If the grass is greener on the other side, you can bet the water bill is higher.

Kraven's Grow
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=74030

Kravens S1 Project
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=74391
Kraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 02:16 PM   #1025
yarddog
Certified pot smoker

yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog

thanks kraven, it does have the over watered look. she has been in this one gal pot for bout three weeks, maybe a little less. I will pop the root ball out tonight and make sure she is not bound up. I have had bigger plants in smaller before in veg while waiting to up pot to bigger to go to bloom. maybe she is just more sensitive than the others i have run. she gets the same stuff everyone else gets as for nutes. this has been a slow decline, she has looked over-watered from the start, but has very slowly started turning for the worse. I have another cut that is flourishing very well, and the sunshine daydream is doing well too. if i can get this cookies back on track i will be a happy camper.
Old 01-10-2017, 03:21 PM   #1026
Rosebud
Organic dirt farmer

Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud

Hope you can pull it out YD.. good luck, it is a good strain.

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind, always.

2016 Grow:http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=73244

Rick Simpson oil done with Everclear thread: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=66245
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 04:53 PM   #1027
yarddog
Certified pot smoker

thank you Rose, i smoked a joint of icookies and liked it. I hope i can pull it through.
Old 01-11-2017, 01:17 AM   #1028
Grower13
a happy grower

Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13

magnesium is the most common issue with coco......... I have the purple stem issue sometimes....... only in veg..... the fist 2 or 3 weeks after their rooted........ makes me think it's the new coco needing more flush be for using or a build up causing lockout/deficiency........ I sent you a pm on what I'd do........ I got one doing it now....... it'll straighten out......... they always have.

Grower13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 04:54 AM   #1029
400watter

400watter

I'm growing a delicious critical super silver haze in coco. Still learning. Its only my 3rd indoor grow using coco, i have had at least one hiccup each time. The first one i did had a mag deficiency early flower (bubble bomb). I was using coco nutrients and it took me a little while to figure out what was going on. The second time growing the same strain i added extra cal mag during flower but i ended up having a slight nitrogen deficiency mid way through. This time round with cssh i have been giving a bit of nitrogen during early flower and wouldn't you know about 5 days ago i started noticing a mag def. I flushed checked ph run off and lifted the light, it got slightly worse. I then started adding cal mag the other day. It's getting better now. Glad it only took me a few days to figure it out this time. In saying that though i really like using coco and I'm getting better each time. Good luck and i hope your cookies improves very soon.
400watter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 05:03 AM   #1030
400watter

400watter

Btw i have a clone from my last bubble bomb outside and it is looking a lot healthier than the last 2 i did.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:18 PM   #1031
yarddog
Certified pot smoker

thanks Grower, i got the message.
thanks for stopping by 400watter, not much to see here, just a greasy wrench growing a little grass
Old 01-12-2017, 05:22 PM   #1032
400watter

400watter

I'm all caught up on this journal. Lots of great info. It was good to see how your growing experience has evolved. Really like the flower chamber you have made too. Another thing as well (there was a lot to read) i too have a car that likes nothing more than to eat my girls. Luckily its only a few leaves here and there on my outdoor one. The dog chases her away most of the time so not much damage. When i feed cssh inside she knows exactly what's going on and goes crazy. ☺
Old 01-12-2017, 05:23 PM   #1033
400watter

400watter

'Cat' not car lol.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:38 PM   #1034
yarddog
Certified pot smoker

yeah, they are bad for sure.
This grow journal has been a testament to why you should ASK questions. And even more importantly than asking, is FOLLOWING advice. I have learned 98% of what i know from others. lol, maybe more. it kills me when i see folks start asking questions, only to shun any and all advice that goes against their preconceived notion of what is right and wrong
Old 01-12-2017, 07:08 PM   #1035
400watter

400watter

I made many unsuccessful outdoor grows before, I won't play around with bag seed again. Any way long story short a friend gave me some seeds that he had made and i finally completed a few good grows from start to finish. I got a bit more confident and tried using coco, worked out better. Then i finally decided to try an indoor grow with coco. I ordered my seeds and was set. I ran into a mag problem which took me a bit too figure out what was gong on but in the end i was very happy with what i got. I then decided to do another grow indoors during winter with 2 plants. One hermied halfway through flower and pollinated my other one slightly, we had an unusually very cold week and i would like to think that was the culprit (most likely myself) . I got rid of the hermi and finished the good one off. There is the odd seed here and there but i am very happy with what i got. Which brings me too my third indoor now. I had a slight hiccup with mag def 5 or 6 days ago. I spotted it very quick this time and she is recovering very fast. I dare say you probably wouldn't notice in the next day or 2. Most of my learning has been trial and error but a vast improvement since the very first one. Still have lots more to learn.
Old 01-12-2017, 07:11 PM   #1036
400watter

400watter

And don't get me started on autos. Tried some outside in the middle of summer. The birds ate the whole lot. Lol
Old 01-12-2017, 07:39 PM   #1037
yarddog
Certified pot smoker

i grew two auto's. both got to be about 12 inches tall. I guess they are ok, though i like to be able to take cuts and keep the same strain, I have 9 strains in veg atm, gong to cull a few out soon. sprouted some seeds a month or so back, going to send them all through bloom before i cull anything out. with seed, i may find a different pheno i like.
I have enjoyed growing so far, still learning a lot. It has taught be patience.
Old 01-13-2017, 02:57 AM   #1038
400watter

400watter

I'm looking at setting up an auto feeder next time round, will be posting on this site for some advice once i get to that stage. I'm having to hand feed cssh every day now. It's a bit annoying but not that bad, i like to check the progress daily. I have a 2.5 x 2.5 x 5 foot tent atm with a 400w. Only 1 cssh in there. Done a lot of training. Topped, lst, lollipop and super crop. First time running a sativa dominant and i have done a pretty good job filing up the available space in my tent, there's not much room left so will be interesting to see how much i yield at the end. Every other plant has got me 3.5 oz dry. I'm hoping i get 4+ this time round which should be a pretty good bench mark as cssh has filled up the tent a lot more than the previous bubble bombs. I have had pretty good luck with cloning in the past plus i have a small propagation tent so i will most likely run 3 or 4 smaller plants next round and save some clones.

Tags
closet grow, homemade cabinet