Growing Marijuana Forum

Bud of the Month, OG Raskals WiFi - Photo by JAAM!
Go Back   Marijuana Growing Forum > Marijuana Cultivation > Sick Plants & Problems
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2016, 01:12 PM   #1
ArtVandolay
Band!

ArtVandolay ArtVandolay ArtVandolay ArtVandolay ArtVandolay ArtVandolay ArtVandolay ArtVandolay ArtVandolay ArtVandolay ArtVandolay
Default Calling all cars!!! Calling all cars!!

First of all, Happy New Year, peeps, long time no see!

Second, the good news. We're resettled in our new place and I'm never moving again

Finally, the bad news. Yesterday morning I noticed some little round splotches on the walls of my grow tent and the same white splotches on the leaves of my veg tent plants After a little reading I realized I had a classic case of powdery mildew . Although it didn't look like it was also in my flower tent sitting next to it, my one plant in the flower tent turned out to be a male. Needless to say, I won't be wasting any money on lottery tickets for awhile

I just finished bagging everything up and tying a tight knot in the trash bag and wiping both tents down with bleach and water. Get ready, this is where you guys and girls come in

What are the chances wiping the tents down with strong bleach solution is enough to restart a new grow? What else do you recommend? A little about my setup. I'm growing in two side by side 2'x2'x5' grow tents in the garage (they're really cool). I just intake garage air and exhaust it through a dryer vent to the outside. A word about temps - it's been and still is summer here in SW US, 86 degree highs every day. My garage is vented (for flood) so there is plenty of fresh air entering the garage. Those who know me also know I grew in a similar setup for years in roughly the same geographical area with no trouble. Let the games begin and happy to see you all!
It is so unfortunate.
The things that come to those that wait may be
the things left behind by those who got there first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old money
Art you have 2868 posts, most stupid words that be long else where. Get a girl friend or a boy. You sure waste time and words. Now I see you are righting untruths. What a shame for the people who really don't know. About male female plants... Wow 2868 post what a waste.
ArtVandolay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 03:13 PM   #2
Rosebud
Organic dirt farmer

Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud

So i was just perusing the site and what do I see????? ART VANDOLAY as I live and breathe!!! Consider my day made...woo hoo, Art is back... oh sure, you have toyed with our emotions before...
So you got the PM huh? sounds like your doing the right things, bleaching the walls.. and get a million fans in there... Did you toss all your plants?

So happy to see you Art!

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind, always.

2016 Grow:http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=73244

Rick Simpson oil done with Everclear thread: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=66245
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 03:17 PM   #3
zem

zem zem zem zem zem zem zem zem zem zem zem

Hey Art good to see you! My experience with PM is that if the conditions are favourable, it will grow. It is also VERY much strain related, some strains grown side by side get it while others don't even when leaves were touching. But given that it is on your walls, it seems as if your room's conditions are favourable, you might get by for a while because of change in weather, but I would expect it to come back if you do nothing to change/fix your venting. IMO bleaching the whole area does not help much, the spores are in the air, everywhere. in my newer setups, i never get it except on some strains that will grow pm no matter where you grow them!
zem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 03:43 PM   #4
ArtVandolay
Band!

ArtVandolay ArtVandolay ArtVandolay ArtVandolay ArtVandolay ArtVandolay ArtVandolay ArtVandolay ArtVandolay ArtVandolay ArtVandolay

WoooHoo My peeps to the rescue

Hi, Rosie!!! Hi Zem!!

Well in all my reading, I didn't read what you're telling me - that I need to learn to live with it and its not the end of the world??? Yes, I trashed the plants this morning . And I just finished watching a youtube video of a dollar store candle powered vaporizer using sulfur pellets from a bag of organic soil fertilizer. What was he doing? Sulfur burning his plants that are 2 weeks from harvest . I guess I should go ahead sprouting beans and get the show back on the road! We're coming off a long dry period here

Is the general idea to do sulfur burn(s) during lights out (and fans off)?
What would you recommend about the venting, Zem?
It is so unfortunate.

Quote:
Art you have 2868 posts, most stupid words that be long else where. Get a girl friend or a boy. You sure waste time and words. Now I see you are righting untruths. What a shame for the people who really don't know. About male female plants... Wow 2868 post what a waste.
Old 12-30-2016, 04:30 PM   #5
zem

zem zem zem zem zem zem zem zem zem zem zem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtVandolay View Post
WoooHoo My peeps to the rescue

What would you recommend about the venting, Zem?
I don't know how your venting is setup, but I guess that if the walls are getting PM on them, it has to be humidity being trapped in there somehow. It could be that the airflow is disrupted for any reason, sometimes excessive oscillating fans can cause that effect by disrupting the airflow so much as to diminish the exhaust. stale air pockets are another possibility, even water seepage from the outside of an exposed wall.
zem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 04:31 PM   #6
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess

Great to see you back here and growing Art!.. I have never had PM so am not any help there.

I am a bit jealous of your weather though...it has been cold here (7 right now) and the forecast is continued cold.
The Hemp Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 04:40 PM   #7
WeedHopper

WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper

Hey Art,,good to see ya my friend,,,Yehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
WeedHopper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 05:37 PM   #8
Grower13
a happy grower

Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13

I got a friend who created a strain called Chemical Nightmare to combat PM ........ it is very very very PM resistant......... I have another friend who is working with Chemical Nightmare crosses now looking for PM resistance......... so if you come if your fighting PM....... you might see if you can get a hold of Chemical Nightmare.
Grower13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 07:51 PM   #9
umbra

umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra

humidity Art. If you can get the rH down to 40% or less, pm can not take hold. 13 I was at Cannazon from the beginning and I know Sativa Diva's work. I still have the TexMex.
Old 12-30-2016, 08:29 PM   #10
ArtVandolay
Band!

It's great to be back and see all my old friends . All because of powdery mildew!! You guys are great and because of your advice I salvaged the plants, put them back in the veg tent and they look none the worse for wear!

So humidity is the enemy here. My humidity is in the air - it is what it is. It's been upper 80s with high rh here for the last...well, since September. This is part of the weather bargain for Gulf coast southeast US. I guess it's clear it will be a challenge growing in the summer, all the more reason to get a crop in asap. So PM will come and go and I should just plan to do sulfur burns as needed?

Thanks, Zem! Hi, THG, great to see you!! Weedhopper how the heck are you? Grower 13, thanks! umbra your knowledge is sorely missed. Thanks everyone for checking in.

I'm anxious to show you all my 2'x2'x5' grow and veg tents and setup. I'm really happy with it except for that nasty PM bit.
It is so unfortunate.

Quote:
Old 12-30-2016, 09:00 PM   #11
Rosebud
Organic dirt farmer

Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud

dehumidifier? Would that work? LOL Art, you got them back out of the garbage..man, i love that you are back..

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind, always.

2016 Grow:http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=73244

Rick Simpson oil done with Everclear thread: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=66245
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 09:25 PM   #12
umbra

With all that has been said, this may help.

https://www.amazon.com/Bonide-148-In...fuse+fungicide

http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/bo...ol-p-3612.html
http://www.toxipedia.org/display/tox.../Propiconazole
Old 12-30-2016, 09:51 PM   #13
ArtVandolay
Band!

Now that's what I'm talkin about! Umbra, we're very lucky to have you here at MP!
It is so unfortunate.

Quote:
Old 12-30-2016, 11:19 PM   #14
pcduck
InmYgArdEnwATcHtInGItgRoW

pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck

More air.

AEM works great for pm.

Helpful Greenhouse Links

Feed the soil
pcduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 09:32 PM   #15
ArtVandolay
Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcduck View Post
More air.

AEM works great for pm.
Hi, duck! What's AEM??
It is so unfortunate.

Quote:
Old 01-02-2017, 09:46 PM   #16
umbra

EM1. AEM = activated efficient microorganisms
http://www.teraganix.com/
Old 01-08-2017, 06:31 PM   #17
daftpunk

Hi Art get some SM-90 and your problem is sorted.

SM-90
by Nutrilife : The organic composition of SM-90 ( prepared from natural plant oils
SM90
SM-90

) results in it’s ability to be bio-degradable and is also non-toxic to humans, animals and plants. Use Nutrilife SM-90 to prevent or treat bacteria, fungus and insect problems. Treat leaf or stem infestations by applying as a foliar spray. SM-90 eliminates many molds, mildew and leaf spot and is also effective for botrytis, blight, fusarium, leaf mold, rhizoctonia stem rot, sclerotinia stem rot and others. Application rate: Dilute 1 part SM-90 with 5 parts water to prepare a Foliar Spray. May be repeated every 3 days for up to 3 spray applications. I have never used SM90 but it has very good reviews and I have been told it can be used up until harvest.
Daftpunk
Old 01-11-2017, 08:37 PM   #18
ArtVandolay
Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcduck View Post
More air.

AEM works great for pm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by umbra View Post
EM1. AEM = activated efficient microorganisms
http://www.teraganix.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by daftpunk View Post
Hi Art get some SM-90 and your problem is sorted.

SM-90
by Nutrilife : The organic composition of SM-90 ( prepared from natural plant oils
SM90
SM-90

) results in it’s ability to be bio-degradable and is also non-toxic to humans, animals and plants. Use Nutrilife SM-90 to prevent or treat bacteria, fungus and insect problems. Treat leaf or stem infestations by applying as a foliar spray. SM-90 eliminates many molds, mildew and leaf spot and is also effective for botrytis, blight, fusarium, leaf mold, rhizoctonia stem rot, sclerotinia stem rot and others. Application rate: Dilute 1 part SM-90 with 5 parts water to prepare a Foliar Spray. May be repeated every 3 days for up to 3 spray applications. I have never used SM90 but it has very good reviews and I have been told it can be used up until harvest.
Daftpunk
Thanks, everyone! It has since cooled off a bit and seems to be under control for the time being. I'm going to try to lay in a few of these remedies because I'm going to need to grow through the summer months, too, which aren't that far off
It is so unfortunate.

Quote:
Old 01-11-2017, 08:55 PM   #19
johnnybuds

johnnybuds johnnybuds johnnybuds johnnybuds johnnybuds johnnybuds johnnybuds johnnybuds johnnybuds johnnybuds johnnybuds

johnnybuds is offline   Reply With Quote