Growing Marijuana Forum

Bud of the Month Photo by Kraven!
Go Back   Marijuana Growing Forum > Marijuana Cultivation > Auto Flowering
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2015, 05:54 PM   #1
EDAW004

EDAW004
Default Hermies

Had Jock Horror Auto Fem hermi on me this summer. Have quite a few seeds. Will they be female or both male and female. Have heard should be 100 percent female as there were no male plants present
EDAW004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 06:27 PM   #2
Rosebud
Organic dirt farmer

Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud

They will have both sex of seeds but they all have very increased chance of hermying. I would toss them since they aren't that special and you don't want to be spreading pollen and seeds everywhere. Regular seeds hermie less. Sorry that happened to you.
I had that happen with jock horrer regular seeds. Didn't like the smoke much so no big loss plus i don't have room in my life for hermy anything. (except one)

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind, always.

2016 Grow:http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=73244

Rick Simpson oil done with Everclear thread: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=66245
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 06:32 PM   #3
yarddog
Certified pot smoker

yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog

(Which one is that, Rose?)
Old 10-04-2015, 06:45 PM   #4
Rosebud
Organic dirt farmer

Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud

If i tell you i would have to kill ya... It is the SLH X Black Dahlia... I won't give out the seeds as it is a known hermier..But I will grow it again as it is my favorite smoke and i will be very careful and try to get the hermy outta her. I have one female that didn't hermi and one that did.

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind, always.

2016 Grow:http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=73244

Rick Simpson oil done with Everclear thread: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=66245
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 11:01 PM   #5
EDAW004

EDAW004

Spoke to seed bank that sold them to me ,said all would be female. This was an outside grow and had some very adverse conditions . Germinated 26 seeds ,are in my tent now under LEDs just for fun. Waiting for my White Widow clones to be ready. Had very hig temps ,in excess of 115 degrees on a few days
Old 10-04-2015, 11:08 PM   #6
yarddog
Certified pot smoker

yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog

If it was that easy to make female seeds, everyone would be doing it.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:52 PM   #7
EDAW004

EDAW004

Guess so thanks
Old 10-05-2015, 12:54 AM   #8
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDAW004 View Post
Spoke to seed bank that sold them to me ,said all would be female. This was an outside grow and had some very adverse conditions . Germinated 26 seeds ,are in my tent now under LEDs just for fun. Waiting for my White Widow clones to be ready. Had very hig temps ,in excess of 115 degrees on a few days
Jeez, what seed bank is that, I will never use them. What they told you is quite misleading and somewhat dishonest, IMHO. Did they also tell you that the resulting seeds are likely to hermy too? No, I didn't think so. While they may all be female, they will carry the hermy gene and the chances of those seeds hermying are greater than ever as they now carry the hermy gene as a dominant gene. I would throw every single last seed away. Like Rosebud, I do not have room for hermy stock in my grows. There are hundreds and hundreds (if not thousands) of seeds out there that are stable and will not hermy even with stress. IMO, you are making a mistake germing these seeds. The fact that you have so many seeds most likely means that it hermied early and profusely. You are risking (and it is a high risk at that) another entirely seeded crop.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=30891 <-- DIY 150 watt cool tubes

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ighlight=scrog <-- DIY SCROG
The Hemp Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote