Growing Marijuana Forum

Bud of the Month: Squish by Umbra
Go Back   Marijuana Growing Forum > Marijuana Forums > Introduce Yourself
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2016, 03:57 PM   #1
screwdriver
Cleanest Member

screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver
Default Crawling out from under a rock

Not much happening under my rock so I thought I'd come out and try for another round. For a long time it has felt like such a huge undertaking to setup up everything to get going again. Then it took me less than a half a day to gather components, assemble and test my cabinet. I can be stupid like that sometimes. Then the excitement of dropping seeds.....Then more seeds.....more seeds. Until I used up my supply from 11/07. Not one popped. Drepression has set in.
I was going to try plan b but I forgot to plan for that in plan a.
screwdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 04:00 PM   #2
WeedHopper

WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper

Plan B should be to get some fresh beans and Germinate them babies.
How did you attempt to germinate the ones you had?
WeedHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 04:53 PM   #3
yarddog

yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog

i am on plan H or so by now. keep working and learning.
yarddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 04:58 PM   #4
burnin1

burnin1 burnin1 burnin1 burnin1 burnin1 burnin1 burnin1 burnin1 burnin1 burnin1 burnin1

Welcome! You have come to the best growing forum on the web.
Old 11-09-2016, 05:16 PM   #5
screwdriver
Cleanest Member

screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver

I germinate seeds in a glass wrapped with a paper towel and a bit of water in the bottom. Learned that in kindergarten. It satisfies my need to see progress.
Fresh seeds are what I need but no way to obtain. Ill have a hard enough time digging around for crappy seeds but Im in the game.
The seeds I used I made a long time ago. Didnt think I would be gone so long. Didnt have much hope they would pop but I had to try them.
Old 11-09-2016, 05:18 PM   #6
WeedHopper

WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper

Ive popped some pretty old seeds. Did ya use a little sandpaper on the seeds?
WeedHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 06:14 AM   #7
burnin1

burnin1 burnin1 burnin1 burnin1 burnin1 burnin1 burnin1 burnin1 burnin1 burnin1 burnin1

Years ago I had a 4 ounce bag full of old seeds.

Because it would have been a felony for me to possess them at that time I was paranoid about having so many seeds.

One early morning I went to a wildlife preserve with the seeds.

I went off road to some places that were out of the way. I would stop at the river and throw out seeds here and there.

Later that year I read about some massive marijuana grows found along the river. No one was ever arrested.

I have always wondered if some of those old seeds popped.....
Old 11-11-2016, 03:12 PM   #8
screwdriver
Cleanest Member

No, I didn't use sandpaper. It was too far away to retrieve. Thought about using a knife, that only 2 feet away but my mind-muscle coordination didnt kick in.
The seeds were probably not stored well enough.
I think with enough seeds one could have popped but I only had a small amount.
Learning patience.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:30 PM   #9
Vegas Kid

Vegas Kid Vegas Kid Vegas Kid Vegas Kid Vegas Kid Vegas Kid Vegas Kid Vegas Kid Vegas Kid Vegas Kid Vegas Kid

Since you have none of the seeds left the following may relevant for others:
“Gibberellic Acid-3 (GA-3) is a naturally occurring plant growth regulator which may cause a variety of effects including the stimulation of seed germination in some cases. GA-3 occurs naturally in the seeds of many species and is produced commercially by growing Gibberella fujikuroi fungus cultures in vats, then extracting and purifying the GA-3. Presoaking seeds in GA-3 solution will in many cases cause the rapid germination of many types of highly dormant seeds which would otherwise need cold treatment, after-ripening or ageing, or other prolonged pretreatments.” I have no experience with this, but it is on my e-bay buy list for comparison to colloidal silver in other experiments

Proper seed storage: mine are in a small Tupperware container in the meat keeper of my second refrigerator. Seeds will last years, pollen up to a couple of weeks. Dry, cold, and minimal temperature variance are the keys to storage. A week or so to dry the seeds a few hours to dry pollen.

Vegas Kid
Always calculate the odds
Vegas Kid is offline   Reply With Quote