Bud of the Month Photo by Kraven!
|04-02-2005, 01:48 AM||#1|
Join Date: Mar 2005
EXTRACTING THC WITH BUTTER
THC and other active cannabinoids will dissove in fats and oils such as those found in household butter. Cannabis
butter or "cannabutter" is the most widely used ways of extracting THC for use in foods. It is usually made with
leaf trimmed from freshly harvested buds. Leaves are less potent and are less suitable for smoking but are more
than adequate for use in butter. Cannabutter can be used in any recipe calling for butter.
1. Pulverize leaves in a blender or mortar
2. Melt approx. 2x the amount of butter by weight as cannabis on low heat taking care not to burn.
3. Slowly stir in powdered cannabis leaf into melted butter.
4. Simmer on low heat for 12 hours
5. As liquid in mix evaporates, add a cup of water at a time to insure that water soluable cannabinoids
will also be extracted.
6. Strain out plant matter and refrigerate.
**For extra potency add more powdered cannabis leaves and simmer another 12 hours**
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Frying with canna butter||Hackerman||Marijuana Cuisine - Marijuana Recipes - Marijuana Cooking||7||01-12-2015 08:13 PM|
|Butter To Ganja weights and a butter chart||Carrie||Marijuana Cuisine - Marijuana Recipes - Marijuana Cooking||13||11-25-2009 09:35 PM|
|You can get high on this butter||FruityBud||Marijuana News||0||11-21-2008 01:40 AM|
|How to make butter||Super Skunk||Marijuana Cuisine - Marijuana Recipes - Marijuana Cooking||4||09-30-2008 08:34 PM|
|Ghee (Clarified butter)||Carrie||Marijuana Cuisine - Marijuana Recipes - Marijuana Cooking||0||03-20-2008 09:34 PM|