Growing Marijuana Forum

Bud of the Month, Grass Monkey - Photo by Kraven!
Go Back   Marijuana Growing Forum > Advanced Growing Techniques > Cultivation
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2008, 01:50 PM   #1
Puffin Afatty

Puffin Afatty Puffin Afatty Puffin Afatty Puffin Afatty Puffin Afatty Puffin Afatty Puffin Afatty Puffin Afatty Puffin Afatty Puffin Afatty Puffin Afatty
Question UV B to increase THC

Howdy Grow Folks!!!

I have been interested in trying UV B to increase the conversion of thc in the resin heads. Have any of you tried this, and if so, what regimens??
BHC #007

Check out the REGENERATION of MY SnowWhite, begun in early 2006 and still going strong
click here
Puffin Afatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 04:25 PM   #2
Runbyhemp

Runbyhemp Runbyhemp Runbyhemp Runbyhemp Runbyhemp Runbyhemp Runbyhemp Runbyhemp Runbyhemp Runbyhemp Runbyhemp

Have to plead ignorance on this one Puffin. Care to elaborate a little bit?
Runbyhemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:29 PM   #3
Puffin Afatty

Puffin Afatty Puffin Afatty Puffin Afatty Puffin Afatty Puffin Afatty Puffin Afatty Puffin Afatty Puffin Afatty Puffin Afatty Puffin Afatty Puffin Afatty
Thumbs up Marijuana Man video on you tube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runbyhemp
Have to plead ignorance on this one Puffin. Care to elaborate a little bit?
I saw a video on youtube. [youtube.com/watch?v=IPcpt3Be28o] discussing the merits of UV B on pot plants indoors. I had been previously reading about it on OG for a while and even got a couple exo terra reptiglo 10.0 UVB Bulbs. I am gonna start dosing SnowWhite with them again.
BHC #007

Check out the REGENERATION of MY SnowWhite, begun in early 2006 and still going strong
click here

Last edited by Puffin Afatty; 05-07-2008 at 06:09 PM.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:07 AM   #4
GreenMan74
Freak

GreenMan74 GreenMan74 GreenMan74 GreenMan74 GreenMan74 GreenMan74 GreenMan74

I've read about this too. I think it had something to do with the speculated reason why MH produces a higher potency bud. Can't recall. But it looks sound.
GreenMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 01:06 PM   #5
Puffin Afatty

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMan74
I've read about this too. I think it had something to do with the speculated reason why MH produces a higher potency bud. Can't recall. But it looks sound.
I hadnt recalled the MH issue, but it seems that added UV B increases the conversion of cbd's to thc. I am gonna try it on SnowWhite and see if I can get the trichs to go amber earlier than 14 weeks
BHC #007

click here
Old 05-08-2008, 08:18 PM   #6
massproducer

massproducer massproducer massproducer massproducer massproducer massproducer massproducer massproducer massproducer massproducer massproducer

Puffin this was a very good little documentary. It all seems to make sense to me. I love how Mr.Green goes into the scientific aspect of THC production.

K+
massproducer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 08:45 PM   #7
Puffin Afatty

Cool also, UV B is supposed to kill all mold and maybe spider mites??

Quote:
Originally Posted by massproducer
Puffin this was a very good little documentary. It all seems to make sense to me. I love how Mr.Green goes into the scientific aspect of THC production.

K+
Yes, I thought it good as well. HippyinEngland was the one who tipped me to it 1st.

I know the UV B will kill the mildew, and I kinda think it would also distress the mites, thrips, knats, etc., eh?? perhaps there is more to this UV B than meets the eye, eh?
BHC #007

click here
Old 05-11-2008, 11:09 PM   #8
Brouli

Brouli Brouli Brouli Brouli Brouli Brouli Brouli Brouli Brouli Brouli Brouli

agreeeed UVB stop's mold, and helps THC i have a little talk witm my friend in Amsterdam and and they all use UVB bubs in addition to HPS .

Caution:
UVB can couse skin cancer ,always turn lights off when u enter just for safety. (u just spending there few minutes would not harm u but in a long run it may)

I was thinking what to write and i came to conclusion im not going to write anything.

"Im like female reproductive system , u can be mad at me but with time u will wont more" Brouli's Cronicles.

LOWRYDER #2 Grow Jurnal
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ead.php?t=9762

Last edited by Brouli; 05-11-2008 at 11:12 PM.
Brouli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:16 AM   #9
Puffin Afatty

Thumbs up I wonder if the UV B kills mites???

Quote:
Originally Posted by brouli
agreeeed UVB stop's mold, and helps THC i have a little talk witm my friend in Amsterdam and and they all use UVB bubs in addition to HPS .
Caution:
UVB can couse skin cancer ,always turn lights off when u enter just for safety. (u just spending there few minutes would not harm u but in a long run it may)
Thanks Brouli!!!

I know the mold is killed by UV B, and It would be nice to get rid of the NSP's.
BHC #007

click here
Old 05-12-2008, 01:44 AM   #10
Cole
Cannabie For Men

Cole Cole Cole Cole Cole Cole Cole Cole Cole Cole Cole

You should make a UV B/HPS Grow journel.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:48 AM   #11
IllusionalFate
Winter Madness

IllusionalFate IllusionalFate IllusionalFate IllusionalFate IllusionalFate IllusionalFate IllusionalFate IllusionalFate IllusionalFate IllusionalFate IllusionalFate

How is UV A for growing compared to UV B?
"I'd say to my dad, 'I want to be a writer'... and he'd say, 'Journalist'. I'd say, 'I want to have a refuge for stray cats', and he'd say "Veterinarian'. I'd say, 'I want to be an actress' and he'd say, you know, 'TV newscaster'. It was this constant conversion of my fanciful ambitions into these practical money making ventures."

Current Grow:
Northern Lights x Hawaii x Lowryder; 600W Closet Grow
IllusionalFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:53 AM   #12
Cole
Cannabie For Men

Cole Cole Cole Cole Cole Cole Cole Cole Cole Cole Cole

Whats the difference?
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:08 AM   #13
IllusionalFate
Winter Madness

IllusionalFate IllusionalFate IllusionalFate IllusionalFate IllusionalFate IllusionalFate IllusionalFate IllusionalFate IllusionalFate IllusionalFate IllusionalFate

Different Kelvin spectrums. I think UV A is around 10k.
"I'd say to my dad, 'I want to be a writer'... and he'd say, 'Journalist'. I'd say, 'I want to have a refuge for stray cats', and he'd say "Veterinarian'. I'd say, 'I want to be an actress' and he'd say, you know, 'TV newscaster'. It was this constant conversion of my fanciful ambitions into these practical money making ventures."

Current Grow:
Northern Lights x Hawaii x Lowryder; 600W Closet Grow
IllusionalFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 01:06 PM   #14
AlBundy

Be careful with the UV-B, it can "burn" your girls. At least that is my experience. I need to find a way to moderate the amount of UV-B as my grow area is very small.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:12 PM   #15
bombbudpuffa
Sweet Cheeba Chiefa

bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa

UVA 400 nm - 320 nm
UVB 320 nm - 290 nm
UVC 290 nm - 100 nm

bombbudpuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 04:29 AM   #16
liermam

liermam liermam liermam liermam liermam liermam

As far as I know, the progression in trichomes goes from THC-> CBD as the harvest window passes. I really don't understand how the exact opposite could happen...
liermam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 01:14 AM   #17
Brouli

its not uvb reys that burn ur plat but light itself u got it too cloes, this is the video that every one should watch wo is interested in uvb and what can i t do for as.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IPcpt3Be28o

I was thinking what to write and i came to conclusion im not going to write anything.

"Im like female reproductive system , u can be mad at me but with time u will wont more" Brouli's Cronicles.

LOWRYDER #2 Grow Jurnal
Old 05-20-2008, 06:04 PM   #18
DaveTheDingo

DaveTheDingo

Everyone i've talked to says "get UVB in there" - There's a lot of evidence that UVB helps plants, working on the variance in UVB concentration in different parts of the world. Those reptiglo bulbs seem to me to be a good idea, they shouldn't be too harsh being designed for lizards - going to use one myself from day 1 in flowering
DaveTheDingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:37 PM   #19
Brouli

puffin im curies have u had any good results ???
i think it helps with amount of produced thc i v been using it hard and crystals look bigger and its way more of them ,when i get back to US i will post some pics .

LOWRYDER #2 Grow Jurnal
Old 08-19-2009, 03:54 PM   #20
HippyInEngland
Smoke Free Zone.

HippyInEngland HippyInEngland HippyInEngland HippyInEngland HippyInEngland HippyInEngland HippyInEngland HippyInEngland HippyInEngland HippyInEngland HippyInEngland

Welcome back Brouli

Puffin hasnt been seen for over 9 months.

Last Activity: 12-11-2008 08:02 PM

1 of his last posts was him saying he had flu.

He hasnt been seen on any of his other regular forums either for the same amount of time.

I'm the key holder in my own prison.

Talking to myself again I found myself doing,
It's a bad habit they say,
I asked, who is they?
They said it's a bad habit.
I said ok and left.

HippyInEngland is offline   Reply With Quote