Growing Marijuana Forum

Bud of the Month Photo by Kraven!
Go Back   Marijuana Growing Forum > Marijuana Cultivation > Grow Journals
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2015, 07:32 PM   #81
gottaloveplasma

gottaloveplasma gottaloveplasma gottaloveplasma gottaloveplasma gottaloveplasma gottaloveplasma gottaloveplasma gottaloveplasma gottaloveplasma gottaloveplasma gottaloveplasma

Co2 is tried and tested. I am not wasting time on it any time soon. Lol.
gottaloveplasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 07:35 PM   #82
yarddog
Certified pot smoker

yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog

Thanks g13. So this 17 inches is OK until they pop?
Old 07-04-2015, 08:10 PM   #83
Grower13
a happy grower

Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gantt View Post
Thanks g13. So this 17 inches is OK until they pop?
sure or closer if you want

Grower13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 02:45 PM   #84
yarddog
Certified pot smoker

yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog

OK, so I'm going to need to do something with temps. The bedroom is seeing 77-81 degrees. Box sees almost the same temps. It's not practical to leave the bedroom door open, so I'm thinking about a small window unit. If I exhaust out of the room, it would help tremendously. Will have to see if it's possible to do.
Old 07-05-2015, 04:14 PM   #85
Kraven
The Dean of Green

Kraven Kraven Kraven Kraven Kraven Kraven Kraven Kraven Kraven Kraven Kraven

Gantt, My grow room gets to 79-80 during the summer it is fine, I like to try and keep my temps around 75 lights on and 70 lights off but down here it's just too hot in the summer so I get a 4 degree spike from June through September, and I grow indoors too. Big thing is try not to have more than a 10 degree temp change from lights on to lights off.

If the grass is greener on the other side, you can bet the water bill is higher.

Kraven's Grow
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=74030

Kravens S1 Project
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=74391
Kraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 04:38 PM   #86
yarddog
Certified pot smoker

OK, kraven that works. What worries me is I only have 4 bulbs lit right now. When the plants start getting fan leaves I was going to turn on the rest of the 8 bulb fixture. And in flower I will be trying to cool a 1k hps too. I think I need to exhaust outside my room.
Old 07-05-2015, 05:11 PM   #87
Kraven
The Dean of Green

Kraven Kraven Kraven Kraven Kraven Kraven Kraven Kraven Kraven Kraven Kraven

Yes I would personally. just make sure no smell follows.

If the grass is greener on the other side, you can bet the water bill is higher.

Kraven's Grow
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=74030

Kravens S1 Project
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=74391
Kraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 05:47 PM   #88
Grower13
a happy grower

Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13

I exhaust in the closet out the ceiling into attic....... just cut a hole in sheetrock........ not sure it helps you.

Old 07-06-2015, 02:02 AM   #89
yarddog
Certified pot smoker

Well, I'm going to vent to the attic. Got a Rubbermaid container to camo the vent duct. Got to pick up a few items tomorrow to finish. Should help heat. I will definitely have a heat issue as it sits now if I was flowering with hps.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:40 AM   #90
Bongofury
imlostintheozoneagain

Bongofury Bongofury Bongofury Bongofury Bongofury Bongofury Bongofury Bongofury Bongofury Bongofury Bongofury

Good luck with your grow gantt. I'll be following. Good info in here.
Old 07-06-2015, 07:33 AM   #91
gottaloveplasma

gottaloveplasma gottaloveplasma gottaloveplasma gottaloveplasma gottaloveplasma gottaloveplasma gottaloveplasma gottaloveplasma gottaloveplasma gottaloveplasma gottaloveplasma

Is your fan on full blast?
gottaloveplasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 09:46 AM   #92
yarddog
Certified pot smoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottaloveplasma View Post
Is your fan on full blast?
No, it doesn't make a difference since the exhaust air is mixing with the intake air. Raises the temperature in the room too much. It's not a problem now, but will be later.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:14 PM   #93
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess

You should not just exhaust into your attic. Blowing hot moist air into your attic can and often does cause mold. You either need to have a large exhaust fan in your attic or run the exhaust to a gable end and out.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=30891 <-- DIY 150 watt cool tubes

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ighlight=scrog <-- DIY SCROG
The Hemp Goddess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 04:13 PM   #94
yarddog
Certified pot smoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hemp Goddess View Post
You should not just exhaust into your attic. Blowing hot moist air into your attic can and often does cause mold. You either need to have a large exhaust fan in your attic or run the exhaust to a gable end and out.
Thanks thg, I should ha e been more clear. I have an exhaust fan that runs on a thermostat. Thanks for looking out though.
Old 07-07-2015, 03:45 PM   #95
yarddog
Certified pot smoker

Well, I have the exhaust venting into the attic now. I still need to camouflage it. Going to use Rubbermaid totes to help hide it. Don't want to explain why I have a hose going into the roof. Lol. Should help the temps some. Still no green, but this is the third day. So I am hoping to see a few sprouts in a day or so. Humidity is around 46% with a pan of water at the intake duct. Box wants to be at 30-38% naturally. Thought it might be good to bring it up a little while sprouting.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:05 AM   #96
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by gantt View Post
Thanks thg, I should ha e been more clear. I have an exhaust fan that runs on a thermostat. Thanks for looking out though.
I'm confused....what does having your exhaust fan on a thermostat have to do with exhausting hot most air into the attic? Or are you saying that you have your entire attic ventilated?

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=30891 <-- DIY 150 watt cool tubes

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ighlight=scrog <-- DIY SCROG
The Hemp Goddess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 12:23 AM   #97
Grower13
a happy grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hemp Goddess View Post
I'm confused....what does having your exhaust fan on a thermostat have to do with exhausting hot most air into the attic? Or are you saying that you have your entire attic ventilated?

I have fans on thermostat in my attic to........ very common in the south........ pulls hot air out of attic

Old 07-08-2015, 12:34 AM   #98
yarddog
Certified pot smoker

Yeah, its OK thg. It's a southern thing. I've seen over 160 in my attic before I installed a fan. My house is 63 years old. All the boards in the attic have resin oozing out off the wood from heat.

In other news,,, I have three sprouts today! All Northern light. Now leaves yet, I can barely see the stalk pushing up through the soil. Tomorrow should be good. Now I can finally start seeing day to day progress!! It's been a few months since I started this setup.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:36 AM   #99
yarddog
Certified pot smoker

Question......... Should I be keeping the soil moist while waiting for seeds to sprout?
Old 07-08-2015, 12:44 AM   #100
Grower13
a happy grower

soil should be moist but not juicy wet.

Tags
closet grow, homemade cabinet