Growing Marijuana Forum

Bud of the Month: Squish by Umbra
Go Back   Marijuana Growing Forum > Marijuana Cultivation > Grow Journals
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2016, 12:54 PM   #1
sopappy

sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy
Default Sopappy's so so grows

I finally found the right thread! I hope my mentors find me here, I've gotten some great help and am making some headway. If you see something amiss, I value your two cents
I have 5 Dark Angel & 5 Blackberry something, half in dirt, half in hydro. I've had such rotten luck with seeds (you suck, Ron Hill, good luck with Ironseedsales.com) that I plant half in dirt as back-ups. This time, everybody's doing okay so far.
Attached Images

sopappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 12:57 PM   #2
sopappy

sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy

I have 5 in 4 pots, here's 2 of them, all I 've done so far is a top at the 3rd node and the lower fans.
Attached Images

Old 01-02-2016, 01:06 PM   #3
sopappy

I have two RDWC systems, 2 and 3 buckets with small rez. I don't think I've got this ramp thing down yet at all so I post my readings , so far they're both sitting at 6.1 and 1400 and 1500 ppm
The smallest one just dropped a few roots in the water, the others are looking great, I didn't want to lift them as I did some LST yesterday and tied down the branches
I don't think I won't to top anymore
Attached Images

Old 01-03-2016, 12:42 AM   #4
sopappy

10 Azura Haze (12 weeks! what was I thinking?)
Planted last Tuesday and had to turn on the light this morning :-)
I only have two of the 6500K bulbs in the fixture.
Attached Images

Old 01-03-2016, 12:56 AM   #5
sopappy

Drinking about .5 L a day each
Eating a bit too, 10ppm per system, but my ramp is still backwards,
pH wants to fall, I pH up the refill.
I don't want it to fall from 6.0 in veg! I deny them the goodies above 6.0
I'm thinking I start at 6.3 next reset
Old 01-03-2016, 01:13 AM   #6
Grower13
a happy grower

Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopappy View Post
Drinking about .5 L a day each
Eating a bit too, 10ppm per system, but my ramp is still backwards,
pH wants to fall, I pH up the refill.
I don't want it to fall from 6.0 in veg! I deny them the goodies above 6.0
I'm thinking I start at 6.3 next reset

my ph ramp is from up to down...... who said that's backwards....... I set my ph at 6.2-6.3 and let it fall through the range to around 5.5....... I topoff the reservoir mostly to reset ph....... do add nutes one time when topping off during the 2 weeks between water changes.
Grower13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 07:03 PM   #7
sopappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grower13 View Post
my ph ramp is from up to down...... who said that's backwards....... I set my ph at 6.2-6.3 and let it fall through the range to around 5.5....... I topoff the reservoir mostly to reset ph....... do add nutes one time when topping off during the 2 weeks between water changes.
The guy with them colourful buds, hello 13.... drop by anytime :-)
Backwards indeed, sorry about that, yes, there are others here who piped up on that, and thank gawd, I was going nuts. I figured with different nutes, it might change.... but I guess I'm okay with a backwards ramp, some say it's wrong way though (but I appear to be in good company) resetting later today at 6.3
Old 01-03-2016, 07:05 PM   #8
Rosebud
Organic dirt farmer

Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud

Nice pruning on these.. Greenest of mojo. Are they a little hungry?

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind, always.

2016 Grow:http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=73244

Rick Simpson oil done with Everclear thread: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=66245
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 07:14 PM   #9
sopappy

This time last year I was wrestling with bad seeds from Ironseedsales.com (Ron Hill) in Toronto Canada and it was a nightmare, see "soppappy's ugly babies" I thought it was the coco but I know now it was the seeds, he's a slime ball. Please post about these places, I can't go after this guy without coming out (pardon the expression) <br />

Here's what good seeds from Dano at quebecannabisseeds.com do...
His seeds after day 4 in rapid rooters...
PS... one shipment got "lost" on it's way here and was replaced, good place!
Attached Images

Old 01-03-2016, 08:00 PM   #10
sopappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Nice pruning on these.. Greenest of mojo. Are they a little hungry?
Thanks, Rosebud. I've got HP watching over my shoulder. I'm trying his manifold but I've stopped topping or at least, want to.
I am thrilled with what they are doing. I stopped at the I pattern and see two middle branches pointing up now, the thrilling part is the two on each side coming up, they'll fill in the empty space on top of the pot!
I'm holding the fans of the branches I'm hoping will fill in the space, there's a branch next to these as well. I want these to be 8 x 1 foot tall fat bastids!
hungry? uh oh, I liked that shade of green but I thought I might be on the high side at 1400 and 1500 ppm,
I haven't done my change yet, they are nibbling 10ppm / 12 hours,
I can dilute.
Attached Images

Old 01-03-2016, 08:06 PM   #11
sopappy

I was taking pictures with the LED off and thought I'd take a peek. <br />
Attached Images

Old 01-03-2016, 08:20 PM   #12
sopappy

When would you flower these? <br />
(80% sativa strains) I have about 2 feet headroom (I want 8 jumbo hotdogs per plant!)
pleeeeeease I have the stakes! <br />
(I've never used them, they mock me!)
Attached Images

Old 01-03-2016, 08:31 PM   #13
Grower13
a happy grower

Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13

might want to start soon....... those sativa strain can hit the ceiling in a hurry in 20 or so days of stretch........ although good LEDs do seem to slow down stretch........ get those stakes ready.
Grower13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 11:26 PM   #14
sopappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grower13 View Post
might want to start soon....... those sativa strain can hit the ceiling in a hurry in 20 or so days of stretch........ although good LEDs do seem to slow down stretch........ get those stakes ready.
soon, days? I was hoping for a visual cue. In dirt, I often saw a doubling of height when flowered so I just flowered at a certain height. I have 2 feet of headroom left. 20 days of stretch? when they start flowrin'? yikes
(not picking on you here, 13, anybody, or nobody, just ponderin')
What's going to happen next? I don't want them to bushy up! Will going to flower stop that?
The way they are now, each branch has one fan. How do I stop at these 8 branches? The branches will want to branch some more? Do I just cut those off now? (but but but they look like they could form part of that branch's cola.... isn't that how the colas form? but if they grow away from the branch... popcorn?)

I'm scouring the internet for time lapse videos, cause I'm smrt, eh
Can't find one with mid to late veg, sheesh

I'm starting to see alternating nodes... reliable visual cue?
or should I wait until I see their privates?
Old 01-07-2016, 01:08 PM   #15
sopappy

I was hoping the picture would show the future 'colas' I'm hoping for.
The 4 in a row are easy to see and the 2 on the side in the foreground show but the 2 on the other side are hard to see. I'm wondering if I should trim the 2 starting out to each side... seems far too ambitious for me to expect 8 colas.
The smaller plants made the choice easy.. I have 3 of them as 4 bangers.
Should I cut the xtra 2 on each side on the bigger girls?
Attached Images

Old 01-11-2016, 12:59 AM   #16
sopappy

I'm thinking it's soon now but I'm also going with HEIGHT as my visual cue and I also see alternating nodes, I'm winding down to flower this week: Lamp goes off for 2 hours tomorrow and then another 2 hours every day until 12/12 on Friday.

NB: Dumb move with those wooden stakes in the hydroton, white fuzz forming, hope I pulled them in time, saw some on the rocks too :-(
Old 01-14-2016, 12:35 AM   #17
sopappy

Lamp was off for 6 hours today, half way there, took a couple shots. I was startled to see how dark the green was, nutes must be close, some tips browning. No ramp all veg, forced them from 6 - 6.3, just this last week first dip below 6.0,

I automated my cooling coils with a rainbird solenoid on a tap. I should have made a video for THG, some spectacular leaks, thannkfully just the one in grow room, the hose flew off the coil you see there you see there (has clamps now :-), sprayed the wall, plants fine,
Attached Images

Old 01-14-2016, 03:37 AM   #18
Bongofury
Need a light?

Bongofury Bongofury Bongofury Bongofury Bongofury Bongofury Bongofury Bongofury Bongofury Bongofury Bongofury

Looks like your catching on to this growing hobby Sopappy. Plants look great. Green mojo.
Old 01-15-2016, 09:15 PM   #19
sopappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongofury View Post
Looks like your catching on to this growing hobby Sopappy. Plants look great. Green mojo.
Thanks, Bongofury, this place straightens you out pretty quick :-)
Old 01-16-2016, 05:48 AM   #20
Bongofury
Need a light?

Bongofury Bongofury Bongofury Bongofury Bongofury Bongofury Bongofury Bongofury Bongofury Bongofury Bongofury

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopappy View Post
Thanks, Bongofury, this place straightens you out pretty quick :-)
it sure does.