Growing Marijuana Forum

Bud of the Month, Box of Chocolates - Photo by Umbra!
Go Back   Marijuana Growing Forum > Advanced Growing Techniques > Organic Growing
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2016, 04:02 AM   #1
baron1212

baron1212
Default Super soil ???????

Hello fellow tokers&old friends from Overgrow.Im giving the subcool super soil a try.Made a half batch and fig. the amounts&wanted to see if Im right.I mixed a bale of pro-mix HP/CC with mycoryyhizae 3.8 sq.ft.,half bag of happy frog so (1)sq ft.,1 sq. ft. bag of reg.potting soil,about 40lbs. wormcastings,35 oz. of oyster shell,35 oz. blood meal,35 oz.bone meal,30 oz. bat crap 0-7-0 then 20 oz. kelp meal,20 oz.alfalfa meal,4 tbs.azomite,4 tbs.dolomite lime,1 tbs. 40% humic acid with trace minerals(humic&mycro in happy frog also)half a big bag of perlite.Oh and I added a layer of old fashion oats with wormcastings to speed up activation.Which it worked cuz I saw webs in less than 3 days in 85 deg. F.Im on day 8 and Ive already mixed twice scince I made the batch. Baron1212
baron1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 03:19 PM   #2
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess

I am too lazy this morning to do math, but it sounds like the amount of azomite and lime might be a bit light. You have quite a volume of soil--got to be getting close to a cubic yard--and you are only adding 1/4 cup of lime and azomite?

Tell me about using oats to speed up decomp?
The Hemp Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 01:55 AM   #3
baron1212

baron1212

Actually I saw it somewhere?The oats&wormcastings.I figured it must work.It didn't even take 3 full days to get webs when I did the mix..And I noticed the webs started where the oats were.Now that is been about 10 days& ive already mixed it up twice.I noticed after the first day of remixing,the webs grew right off the soil.It was breaking down in 85 deg. F
baron1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 03:07 PM   #4
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess

Cool,I will do some research. My barrel composter is still at my old house. I just have a pile that I turn now and it seems to not be doing much.
The Hemp Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 05:10 PM   #5
WeedHopper

WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper

THG,,that is the way I compost,,,just a big pile,,and it works awesome. My wife throws her scraps from the kitchen on there everyday and I mix stuff in all the time from the rabbits cage. I have some fine smelling soil/compost.
WeedHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 08:11 PM   #6
bombbudpuffa
Sweet Cheeba Chiefa

bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa

Oatmeal is food for the mycos. Here's some soil I have cooking with an oatmeal layer on top right before turning it.
Attached Images

bombbudpuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 10:31 PM   #7
Rosebud
Organic dirt farmer

Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud

Nice bbp!

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind, always.

2016 Grow:http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=73244

Rick Simpson oil done with Everclear thread: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=66245
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote