Growing Marijuana Forum

Bud of the Month, Box of Chocolates - Photo by Umbra!
Go Back   Marijuana Growing Forum > Marijuana Cultivation > General Outdoor Growing
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2016, 05:02 AM   #1
The Poet

The Poet The Poet The Poet The Poet The Poet The Poet The Poet The Poet The Poet The Poet The Poet
Default What's a little rain?

Rain?

3 days before harvest, is 30%/40% rain bad for the trics?
They are plants and the trics shouldn't wash off but I wanted to ask is rain bad?
I could cover them but why, it's a plant so whats a little rain?
Right?
I could pull them but the strain calls for 45-50 days and it needs 3 more to be at 40 days 'the minimum' with its harder more solid calyxes and more weight.
The strain is 70% indica and would do well to have those days.
I may leave them for the full 50 days!
Trics are real cloudy but not white yet.
Not amber yet but for one plant.
Rain... that's a new one.
Help...

The Poet...

And Toby...

The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 02:06 PM   #2
Rosebud
Organic dirt farmer

Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud

Put a tarp up. The rain if you allowed to sit on flowering bud will promote mold. Especially in the fall season. Don't let the buds touch the tarp, that will ruin the buds, put a pole in the middle to keep it off them... Seriously Poet, you don't want to ruin your grow at this stage.

Get out there... good luck.

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind, always.

2016 Grow:http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=73244

Rick Simpson oil done with Everclear thread: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=66245
Rosebud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 02:07 PM   #3
Rosebud
Organic dirt farmer

Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud

PS I have never heard or grown a plant that is 50 days... Mine are always over 60 days.

Rick Simpson oil done with Everclear thread: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=66245
Old 11-02-2016, 04:56 PM   #4
kaotik
MrInvisible

kaotik kaotik kaotik kaotik kaotik kaotik kaotik kaotik kaotik kaotik kaotik

leave em out in the rain.. chance you lose a bunch to rot.
if you can cover them; why not do so.

water wont wash off trichs. but can cause the thick buds to start molding/rotting from the inside out.

we had our wettest October on record here (rained 29/31 days..ouch) ..if it wasn't for my greenhouse; the season would be a complete bust. i know rain and the problems it causes

*you never grown c99 rose? i thought it was ** it was supposedly done at 7 weeks.. but man she flies through bloom
Old 11-02-2016, 05:46 PM   #5
The Poet

The Poet The Poet The Poet The Poet The Poet The Poet The Poet The Poet The Poet The Poet The Poet
Default Mold!!!

Mold! I didn't even think about that!
I'll go out now and ready supports and a tarp to cover them tonight as it's up to '50% tonight and tomorrow' since I wrote last!

Oh! the strain is Deb's 'Oregon Grown OG'

http://oregongreenseed.com/shop/oreg...egon-grown-og/

Thanks...

The Poet...
Old 11-02-2016, 06:10 PM   #6
Rosebud
Organic dirt farmer

Gently shake any excess water on the plant. If they are soaked maybe use a leaf blower.. it won't hurt them.. Get them as dry as you can.

Old 11-02-2016, 07:57 PM   #7
The Poet

Rosebud...

No rain yet but I went down to the woods and there is a 6' bushy tree right beside the patch that will hold up a couple of cedar poles for support. Poles and a tarp are on site and ready to cover them. Rain is 50% tonight an 50% tomorrow, then it will be over. Tonight and till the rain stops they will be covered with a big tarp, there!

I can't imagine what {well yes I can} would have happened before the days of computers.
I just had my little patch saved from 'another disaster' by knowing the good folks here on my favorite forum.
Hey! I need to help y'all out with some money for internet expenses. Got to fix the tractor first but I mean it!

Thank y'all a lot...{bow}

The 'dry' Poet...

Postscript:

Speaking of Mold...
This is what Mr. Bog at 'Bog seeds' means by a specific strain being susceptible to mold.
They means outside and not inside!
It rains all the time in the pacific northwest.
Highest suicide and alcoholism rates on earth.
My parents went through there after the big war and didn't like it at all.
Couldn't get home back here to Iberia fast enough.

I've never experienced mold.
Learn something new around here every day.

Thanks

The Poet...

Old 11-02-2016, 11:18 PM   #8
grass hopper

grass hopper grass hopper grass hopper grass hopper grass hopper grass hopper grass hopper grass hopper grass hopper grass hopper grass hopper

poet, i stopped growing outside because of constant mold issues (here in the northeast), just before harvest. keep a close eye for black spots on buds. not much rain will ruin your whole crop. many times it grows from the inside out where u dont see it till its too late!! better to pick a week early than a week too late. where i shoulda had 5 or 6 pounds, i got a 1/4 lb of popcorn buds!!! many growers here use 3/4 or 1 inch pvc pipe (home depot), to build a mini greenhouse. attach 3 mil poly to outside with half round pieces of same material used to make frame. rerod stakes will secure to ground. will get protection from wind, rain and frost. plants love it.
grass hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 02:02 PM   #9
The Poet

Used the 'tarp idea' which enabled them the extra couple of days to finish. Now they are all in and under a fan. I think mold won't be a problem. Dry when they were harvested and all the trics are real white. A good harvest and a little more bountiful than I expected.

Thanks everyone for your help...

The Poet and Tobydog...

Old 11-07-2016, 02:39 PM   #10
pcduck
InmYgArdEnwATcHtInGItgRoW

pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck

A lot of mold starts inside the bud and will not show until you break open a bud. Hopefully this is not the case for you.

Helpful Greenhouse Links

Feed the soil
pcduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 12:06 PM   #11
The Poet

No mold!

All dried and in jars now and they never got wet. I covered them with the tarp before the rain and removed it after. Best batch of 'Oregon Grown OG' I have ever grown and no sign of mold. This stuff has passed Satori as my favorite strain, my 'desert Island one'. As good as one would want. Real easy to clone and perfect size plant for me.
My old dependable workhorse of a plant. Small buds but yields are great.

Thank you...

The Poet...
Old 11-15-2016, 04:09 PM   #12
Rosebud
Organic dirt farmer

Keep burping your jars... congrats poet. Happy for you.