Growing Marijuana Forum

Bud of the Month, Grass Monkey - Photo by Kraven!
Go Back   Marijuana Growing Forum > Marijuana Cultivation > Grow Journals
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2016, 06:08 AM   #41
Lesso
Mad Scientist

Lesso Lesso Lesso Lesso Lesso Lesso Lesso Lesso Lesso Lesso Lesso

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeedHopper View Post
Bet that bastage would hurt a little if he stung ya. Its funny how something so little can hurt so much.
Great looking grow my friend.
Thanks WH!
Lesso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 02:35 PM   #42
Grower13
a happy grower

Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13

your growing in basically straight perlite?......... I've done that......... how often are you flooding?
Grower13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 03:12 PM   #43
Lesso
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grower13 View Post
your growing in basically straight perlite?......... I've done that......... how often are you flooding?
90 percent pearlite. 10 percent vermiculite. Twice a day for now. I will evaluate whether or not i need another cycle in flower. Ive used this medium in several grows with several strains....it is the fastest growing method ive used.
Old 12-11-2016, 03:20 PM   #44
Grower13
a happy grower

Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesso View Post
90 percent pearlite. 10 percent vermiculite. Twice a day for now. I will evaluate whether or not i need another cycle in flower. Ive used this medium in several grows with several strains....it is the fastest growing method ive used.

If the perlite starts being a pain to deal with........ you can switch to the medium I use chipped coco and continue right on with your grow style...... which I think is a good one and very similar to my style........ only I use 3 part GH plus coolbloom in flower.
Old 12-11-2016, 04:59 PM   #45
Lesso
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grower13 View Post
If the perlite starts being a pain to deal with........ you can switch to the medium I use chipped coco and continue right on with your grow style...... which I think is a good one and very similar to my style........ only I use 3 part GH plus coolbloom in flower.
Never used coco....i will keep it in mind. Is the chipped coco inert with no nutritional value like perlite?
Old 12-11-2016, 06:43 PM   #46
Grower13
a happy grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesso View Post
Never used coco....i will keep it in mind. Is the chipped coco inert with no nutritional value like perlite?

yes....... just make sure you use cal/mag in RO or soft tap water........ if you got plenty of lime in your water(hard water) like I do you can just add Epsom salt for magnesium.
Old 12-12-2016, 04:07 AM   #47
Lesso
Mad Scientist

Im using ro. The ph of tapwater here is over 8 and way too much lime....it comes from a limestone aquifer. Plays hell with the ph of my solution.
Old 12-12-2016, 09:12 PM   #48
Lesso
Mad Scientist

Ok peeps.....day 1 week 1 of flower. They have taken over thier space with vigour and are looking entirely healthy. Its time....past time actually. I should have flipped last week and defoliated a week before. Im worried about stretch due to the heavy sativa pedigree. Ss2 is incredible. If i were to look for a clone that wouldve been the prime candidate. Ss3 is no slouch either. Big strong branches with short internodes. Im expecting the biggest buds from her. Ss1 looks like a midget version. She is at least 2 weeks behind the others. But i may get some good flowers from her. My auto is bulking up...not good tricome development so far....that may change later. Im looking forward to chopping the autos and only having the tent to worry about. 4 weeks flower? Not sure ....i will chop when shes ready so it doesnt matter.

Now for reflection at the halfway point:

Things I would have done better/differently....

1. It took 45 Days to get the screen to this point with two and a half plants from seed. I could have cut 10 to 14 days if i had planted 4 of these. They have been mature for that long. So cutting two weeks there gives me a better turn around.

2. Grow them into the scrog after they are tall enought to top. The branching in the plants exploded after training under the screen. That would have also limited the amount of defoliation needed and thus lessening the potential for shock.

3. I need to research different nutes. The floranova has settled out huge salt crystals over time. That means that the chemistry has changed from the original formula and is probably not as effective. I dissolved the crystals back in after taking a sample. My friends lab told me that it was kno3 and nacl. I should have sent a sample of the liquid before i dissolved The salt back in. So...new nutes are needed.

4. Be set up for clones and build experience with the strain. I may do this in the future but i dont know if i like the strain. This will also be my excuse if i dont hit 2#...lol.

5. Get a new tent. During this grow i have broken the zipper and puntured the side. I would like a six footer anyway.

6. Research led lights. I prefer quality over quantity. There is research that says led lighted plants produce more resin and have higher thc levels. That sounds good to me.

So...pics
Attached Images

Old 12-13-2016, 08:21 PM   #49
TLC
Totally Love Cannabis

TLC TLC TLC TLC TLC TLC TLC TLC TLC TLC TLC

Wow have they all exploded and look great if you ask me.

Thanks for going into detail and helping us all learn from your experience.

Looking awesome!
TLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 12:34 AM   #50
Lesso
Mad Scientist

Thanks. And if someone learns from this all the better.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:46 AM   #51
WeedHopper

WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper

I learn something new in my life everyday and im 61.
WeedHopper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 04:03 AM   #52
Lesso
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeedHopper View Post
I learn something new in my life everyday and im 61.
Im the same way
Old 12-15-2016, 04:00 PM   #53
Lesso
Mad Scientist

Couple of days into flower and the stretch is on already. I will do a tuck job on monday. I also have bread ties if needed to keep the canopy low and even. As this is my first real attempt to grow scrog im hoping that my yields will increase. Thats not to just mean weight, quality is part of the yeild equation as well. If i get the same overall weight but less larf/popcorn i will call it a success. So....pic
Attached Images

Old 12-15-2016, 04:13 PM   #54
Lesso
Mad Scientist

The auto is putting on weight. I have to yoyo some branches. Here are two top down views of the tent.
Attached Images

Old 12-19-2016, 05:07 PM   #55
Lesso
Mad Scientist

Day 7 of flower. I have done a tuck and tie down of the plants to even out the canopy. I have left the top 4 inches of each top to turn up and stretch. Hopefully this gives me the bud carpet that im looking for. I also trimmed some of the buried fan leaves and sucker shoots. They were pale green and not going to make it anyway. It seems counter intuitive to me to cut or tuck anything at this point, but im following the examples of others who have grown this way. I may tuck and trim all the way up to day 14 and i will clean out the bottom again at day 21. Due to the heavy foliage of this strain i added two fans to circulate the air inside the tent. I just had a bad feeling about mold and mildew due to the over-packed nature of this canopy. Also, the preflower budsites are all over the place. I took a few pics and will check back in once all the tops turn up to the light...which will prob be 2 days from now. If I had to use one word to describe this strain it would be vigour.
So....pics
Attached Images

Old 12-19-2016, 06:48 PM   #56
Lesso
Mad Scientist

I forgot to mention that i should have used a stiffer net. The one i have is being pushed up in the middle by ss2. Also i will defoliate them after they pick back up.
Old 12-19-2016, 07:09 PM   #57
TLC
Totally Love Cannabis

Holy crap Lesso, I think I saw a monkey swinging from a small vine under the canopy!

Those girls are going to fill that tent to the top.

Can't wait to see the flowers form.

Looking sweeeet.

Old 12-19-2016, 07:10 PM   #58
TLC
Totally Love Cannabis

That auto looks like it is going to yield well for you too.

Nice looking plant.
Old 12-19-2016, 07:41 PM   #59
Lesso
Mad Scientist

Haha...i know right? Heres a couple of pics from before i tucked and pruned.
Attached Images

Old 12-20-2016, 02:32 AM   #60
400watter

400watter 400watter 400watter 400watter 400watter 400watter 400watter 400watter 400watter 400watter 400watter

Nice, I have a delicious critical super silver i have just put in 12/12 a couple days after yourself. Mine is under a 400w hps. First time trying out this strain myself. Doing lst and a bit of super crop to keep things nice and even.
400watter is online now   Reply With Quote