Growing Marijuana Forum

Bud of the Month, Azar - Photo by bombbudpuffa!
Go Back   Marijuana Growing Forum > Marijuana Forums > Smoking & Vaporizing Devices
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Do you hold in your toke ?
always, as deeply and as long as I can 1 20.00%
never, I smoke a joint like a cigarette 1 20.00%
somewhere in between 3 60.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2017, 04:56 AM   #1
sopappy

sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy
Default Do you "hold it in" ?

I recently read somewhere that it's unnecessary to suck in the vapor or smoke as deeply as you can and totally unnecessary to hold it in at all. It claimed it makes little to no difference in THC to the bloodstream and is actually harder on the lungs.
sopappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 07:13 AM   #2
Joe420Camel
friendly stranger

Joe420Camel Joe420Camel Joe420Camel Joe420Camel Joe420Camel Joe420Camel Joe420Camel Joe420Camel Joe420Camel Joe420Camel Joe420Camel

I treat Vapor and Smoke differently.

I "hold" my vapor hits but only for like a 2, maybe 3 count
and I treat my smoke (anything combustion) "all but a cigarette" so maybe a half count. etc

but I totally believe that holding any hit as long as you can is NOT a good plan (for your lungs)

EVERYTHING you SAY (or DO) CAN and WILL BE held AGAINST YOU in the LAW of KARMA
"I wish we could all just grow two plants on our windowsill and share them with each other." Rick Steves
"While marijuana may not be addictive, most of us have found that this growing thing is."
The Hemp Goddess 9/28/14
Joe420Camel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 01:32 PM   #3
sopappy

sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe420Camel View Post

I treat Vapor and Smoke differently.

I "hold" my vapor hits but only for like a 2, maybe 3 count
and I treat my smoke (anything combustion) "all but a cigarette" so maybe a half count. etc

but I totally believe that holding any hit as long as you can is NOT a good plan (for your lungs)
I'm 62, very popular in my day to hold it in as long as you could. I heard about a 2 sec rule (sounds like your vape hit) few years back but I still find myself holding it in (hold habits die hard)
Old 01-08-2017, 02:45 PM   #4
johnnybuds

johnnybuds johnnybuds johnnybuds johnnybuds johnnybuds johnnybuds johnnybuds johnnybuds johnnybuds johnnybuds johnnybuds

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopappy View Post
I'm 62, very popular in my day to hold it in as long as you could. I heard about a 2 sec rule (sounds like your vape hit) few years back but I still find myself holding it in (hold habits die hard)
johnnybuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 01:00 PM   #5
LungCooking
in love for the nature

LungCooking LungCooking LungCooking LungCooking LungCooking LungCooking LungCooking LungCooking LungCooking LungCooking LungCooking

dont need to hold it man, wont make any difference. I use a Herbalizer Vaporizer and i smoke normaly and no matter what i do i get the same high.. i wouldnt hold specially cause is hot, and dry air, this will irritate your lungs if not contribute for someting worst due to the high temperatures.

i do hold like 2 seconds when i smoke a joint, but i prefer to play the release and catch smoke, i get more high, dont know why.. maybe is all psychological
Old 04-22-2017, 01:30 PM   #6
sopappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LungCooking View Post
dont need to hold it man, wont make any difference. I use a Herbalizer Vaporizer and i smoke normaly and no matter what i do i get the same high.. i wouldnt hold specially cause is hot, and dry air, this will irritate your lungs if not contribute for someting worst due to the high temperatures.

i do hold like 2 seconds when i smoke a joint, but i prefer to play the release and catch smoke, i get more high, dont know why.. maybe is all psychological
I agree the heat is the culprit. I use a long hose and bought a little aluminum so-called cooling coil but does squat... I sometimes run the hose through a bucket of ice water... heat is the culprit fer sure

there's that repeating thing again... 63 yr old pothead doesn't remember at the end of a paragraph what he wrote at the beginning
Old 04-22-2017, 02:01 PM   #7
LungCooking
in love for the nature

LungCooking LungCooking LungCooking LungCooking LungCooking LungCooking LungCooking LungCooking LungCooking LungCooking LungCooking

Quote:
there's that repeating thing again... 63 yr old pothead doesn't remember at the end of a paragraph what he wrote at the beginning
sounds amazing ganja you smoke! hahahaha

im thinking to connect the hose from my vaporizer to a glass coil, that would do the trick to cool down the vape, if not sink the glass coil in ice then use it.

Ofc not to hold longer the vapor but so i can give more hits without drinking cold water.. i like to vape 390-420 F
Old 04-24-2017, 11:09 PM   #8
sopappy

Quote:
sounds amazing ganja you smoke! hahahaha

im thinking to connect the hose from my vaporizer to a glass coil, that would do the trick to cool down the vape, if not sink the glass coil in ice then use it.

Ofc not to hold longer the vapor but so i can give more hits without drinking cold water.. i like to vape 390-420 F

I go up as high as 440, I don't like to but I want to see a cloud.
I keep the thing on too log too, probably burning off crap off the heating element :-( I should try edibles but o patience for that

I forgot about my ice bag thing, kind of a pain but works great. have a long hose (that's what...) and lay it between two bags of ice.
the ice melts around the hose, wait... pic coming
I store this thing in the fridge, It becomes a block I can poke the hose through
much cooler, esp if you draw slowly
trying it now, very effective, not sure if the coil helps, even submersed in ice bucket, didn't do much, the bags work
Attached Images

Old 04-28-2017, 02:31 PM   #9
pcduck
InmYgArdEnwATcHtInGItgRoW

pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck

Breath in...Breath out...

Helpful Greenhouse Links

Feed the soil
pcduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 03:44 PM   #10
Rosebud
Organic dirt farmer

Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud

I went to a seminar put on by an oncologist in town. The first thing he opened his talk with was, "you don't need to hold it in" The audience gasp. lol It is a hard habit to break.

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind, always.

2016 Grow:http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=73244

Rick Simpson oil done with Everclear thread: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=66245
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 11:41 AM   #11
sopappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I went to a seminar put on by an oncologist in town. The first thing he opened his talk with was, "you don't need to hold it in" The audience gasp. lol It is a hard habit to break.
ya, let's get the word out... I wish I'd known this 40 years ago.... I can remember taking huge bottle tokes and holding 'til I burst.
If something made you laugh (and how hard was that?), it was hard on the throat too!
Old 04-30-2017, 11:49 AM   #12
sopappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcduck View Post
Breath in...Breath out...
lol at that one... I take that hose after 10 minutes 230C and slowly draw for a 20 count, exhale, repeat, exhale, repeat, and that's about .25 grams.

I use that long hose for cooling and collecting, that stuff is gold dripped on to some mediocre pot :-)
Old 05-10-2017, 05:11 PM   #13
LungCooking
in love for the nature

Quote:
I forgot about my ice bag thing, kind of a pain but works great. have a long hose (that's what...) and lay it between two bags of ice.
the ice melts around the hose, wait... pic coming
I store this thing in the fridge, It becomes a block I can poke the hose through
much cooler, esp if you draw slowly
trying it now, very effective, not sure if the coil helps, even submersed in ice bucket, didn't do much, the bags work
I was thinking to use the Graham model to cool down the smoke

Old 05-11-2017, 01:02 AM   #14
sopappy

definitely cool.
where, pray tell, do you get those babies?
Old 05-11-2017, 03:02 AM   #15
7greeneyes
MedicalNLovingIt!

7greeneyes 7greeneyes 7greeneyes 7greeneyes 7greeneyes 7greeneyes 7greeneyes 7greeneyes 7greeneyes 7greeneyes 7greeneyes
Default golf clappies for Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
tyvm for your post,tho word-of-mouth i'd believe Rose. I always held to a 3 count at the most for flowers and barely breath in dabs cuz' they 'splode from me lungs...

BHC#711
"When injustice becomes law, then resistance becomes duty."
Thomas Jefferson

I am not the lifestyle police.- (my new hero) Pitkin County, CO Sheriff Joe DiSalvo
7greeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:06 AM   #16
7greeneyes
MedicalNLovingIt!

7greeneyes 7greeneyes 7greeneyes 7greeneyes 7greeneyes 7greeneyes 7greeneyes 7greeneyes 7greeneyes 7greeneyes 7greeneyes
Talking noice zooters alla'em

Quote:
I was thinking to use the Graham model to cool down the smoke

I used one of these little dabber zoots and jayzus christie one hit and I was done with dabs for awhile and I consider myself quite the veteran smoker

p.s. I'd def endorse anyone of these glass units, they work well and get de job done if ya know whatta mean....

BHC#711
"When injustice becomes law, then resistance becomes duty."
Thomas Jefferson

I am not the lifestyle police.- (my new hero) Pitkin County, CO Sheriff Joe DiSalvo
7greeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote