Growing Marijuana Forum

Bud of the Month: Umbra's White x Nepalese Indica
Go Back   Marijuana Growing Forum > Marijuana Cultivation > Harvesting - Drying & Curing
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2018, 01:12 AM   #21
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackerman View Post
You decarb before you make hash? Never heard of that. It will decarb when you smoke the hash. Must make your hash taste funny. Ice water or dry sift?

We only decarb to eat.
Ice water and no, the hash didn't taste funny. I decarbed because I was putting it into ice and water...and THCA is supposed to be water soluble...
The Hemp Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 06:13 AM   #22
Hackerman
Socially Retarded

Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman

I never heard of that.

It must be like I said.... the acids are inside the trichs and the trics are not water soluble.

Only thing I can figure.

I would have thought spraying them would wash them clean off but, apparently it's done often.

Must be sticky little devils. LMAO
Hackerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 12:17 PM   #23
sopappy

sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy

Me explaining "water curing"
Attached Images

sopappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 12:27 PM   #24
sopappy

sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackerman View Post
I never heard of that.

It must be like I said.... the acids are inside the trichs and the trics are not water soluble.

Only thing I can figure.

I would have thought spraying them would wash them clean off but, apparently it's done often.

Must be sticky little devils. LMAO
I was constantly checking them and there was only one time where all I saw was stalks (and my heart stopped). I think they are more affected by temperature (rain doesn't wash off trikes, what were we thinking?)
I kept the cure water more on warm end of 65-75 and I did see some trikes that looked like they were "melted" together. I also tried a different technique with the bubble bucket, no frantic churning with a hand mixer, just swirl the whole mixture, it really cools down the water/ice mixture. Just as good a result.
I must remember to check trikes next go-round.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:30 PM   #25
sopappy

cheese and rice! 12 hours and my puny colas are still scary damp
another deal breaker for many I'm sure...
Looks like I'll have to dismember my colas before dehydrating

yah, that works, another half hour in smaller chunks and seems okay

weighed all and it still feels too heavy to me, I think there's still moisture in there, no likey

you would not want to do this to coke can colas,
cripes, if i could grow them that big I'd work in a flush
Attached Images

Old 02-04-2018, 11:26 PM   #26
sopappy

Default You need a dehydrator

I'm concerned about the drying. You can not dry this pot "as usual". Obviously that writer hadn't actually tried it! There's also a dink on youtube who wasted half hour of my life and then glossed over the dehydrator. THE MOST CRITICAL PART!
I'm glad Amazon is quick. I wasn't even thinking of using a dehydrator... I wasn't thinking, it's a must! Imagine seaweed washing up on shore. You can't exactly wring it out either.

I used to like saving the colas, not with this method. It will be safer to pick them apart into nuggets before the soak.
I miss taste, even smell but for me, stealth will become more of an issue as this stuff becomes "mainstream". People want to smoke pot in their apartments and they can smoke this stuff (and carry it around), i can open my front door.
and I think it's more potent (I chase the high all day on Sundays)
but I'm not finding it any smoother in a vaporizer

but you read all this on the interweb, one dork's experience
Old 02-05-2018, 01:53 PM   #27
sopappy

feels like an old hash stone from the 70s to me this morning
no taste, actually tad on the negative side, cardboardy maybe?
I always start from bottom up in the jar too, smallest and crumbs first, this may have a happy ending afterall.
It's fully cured, I guess I just keep it in jars for freshness, no burping
I haven't had a chance to test the stealth but I only get a snootful when I'm in the grow room now
I think I'm safe trusting the ppm readings of the cure water, not a mention in any of the articles but I did see one dork doing it on youtube but he glossed over the dehydrator, didn't even turn it on! Only one chap talked mold but no tips.
I really hate cutting up colas, I wonder if I can turn the thing up.
12hours at 90F
or press harder with the paper towels or spin them in a lettuce thingie,
the trikes seem more rugged than I thought

OH! The stuff STILL does not burn well, it's improving but must STILL be moist in there.
Vaping is fine.
Old 02-05-2018, 11:55 PM   #28
sopappy

strangest thing, the closet thing to the smell I get from this reminds me of an outhouse.
(not a "just used" one but that earthy, woody, not unpleasant, just not pleasant.

Next batch ready for dehydration
I'm going to (sacrifice) a cola and literally wring it out before putting it in the machine.
12 hours is too long