Custom COB - Help with Array Build - drilling, cutting, material

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HazePhase

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am able to order the parts and they are pretty much plug and play for the Vero29 V7 which is what I am going to be using.
I am looking to build a 4 cob single array with 5000K LED in it.

I am looking for help in regards to:
- Where do you get material for building the array and what do people typically use?
- How do you drill through this material so I know what I have to buy to build this array
- Anything else I should know.

This is the only part that I am not sure about as other than that it's about mounting and drilling holes and screwing them in - quite straight forward.

My current company (a person) who was great help at start basically lied about my repaired item being shipped for 3 weeks and finally after 3 weeks it's been shipped - with the same courier he promised not to use as well he said he would express and didn't .... what a businessman .. .anyways..... people are who people are.

I need this COB Light in 4 weeks as my veg tent will be ready and I cut ties with the other guy for obvious reasons.

Anyone able to help a fellow panicked grower who has been screwed over by someone who obviously doesn't care for others buy himself.... :(

Located in Canada - thx Peeps!!

Hello Everyone,

I am able to order the parts and they are pretty much plug and play for the Vero29 V7 which is what I am going to be using.

- Where do you get material for building the array and what do people typically use?
- How do you drill through this material so I know what I have to buy to build this array

This is the only part that I am not sure about as other than that it's about mounting and drilling holes and screwing them in - quite straight forward.

My current company (a person) who was great help at start basically lied about my repaired item being shipped for 3 weeks and finally after 3 weeks it's been shipped - with the same courier he promised not to use as well he said he would express and didn't .... what a businessman .. .anyways..... people are who people are.

I need this COB Light in 4 weeks as my veg tent will be ready and I cut ties with the other guy for obvious reasons.

Anyone able to help a fellow panicked grower who has been screwed over by someone who obviously doesn't care for others buy himself.... :(

Located in Canada - thx Peeps!!

I would use of 1 to 1 1/2 inch aluminum angle

See if you have a Russell metals near you that's where I got mine from

Cutter electronics sells awesome DIY led configurations..tech

Hello Everyone,

Buying a kit: Amazon, ebay, internet, anywhere
Building your own: Material should be aluminum but copper is far better. Many ways to design.
But, if you feel you are in a time crunch, I would go with a kit from the above post or a company like that. The kits I have seen you don't need a drill, you use the space in the extrusion to anchor the screw or they use a "t" slot with a machine screw and nut. The kits can also contain the proper driver for those cobs but better verify what the electrical requirements are.

Cool - that's easy then - order the sizes i need and then drill holes and add cobs _ easy peasy

Curious question did you already order your cobs because if not look at. The bridgelux eb series strips I think you might be a little happier with them and they don't require such a big heat sink But if you do and you need any advice or help with anything just shoot me a message I don't mind

I'm pretty excited myself to have my new light finished I should have it done by tomorrow night it's 12 bars roughly 4 foot long bridgelux eb series 3500k strips the only thing I won't have done is I'm still waiting for my UVB bulbs

d4cf71befe71ebb3d981697354138d27.jpg

I'm pretty excited myself to have my new light finished I should have it done by tomorrow night it's 12 bars roughly 4 foot long bridgelux eb series 3500k strips the only thing I won't have done is I'm still waiting for my UVB bulbs

d4cf71befe71ebb3d981697354138d27.jpg

WOWWY!!

For that array how many cobs will you have on it?
My 12 Cob array is 5x5 as room for 1 more array to make it a 16 cob light.
Can add a lore more though.

For flowering i heard great things about the Vero 1750K

This light will be for flowering it's to replace my 1000 HPS I won't be running cobs I'm running those bridgelux eb series strips they're kind of like a quantum bored just skinny

Latest posts

Back