My first grow journal for my first grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkdman

Reaction score
Well, I decided to go ahead and bite the bullet and attempt to grow my own weed, rather than continue to take take stressful car rides and pay a fortune for herb.

I decided to start by Germinating 7 seeds, this was mainly in an effort to see how many would germ and if they did I would most likely toss a few. My plan is to grow out anywhere from 2 - 4 plants by the end depending on sex - so 7 was my start.

I have a room in the basement that has some ventilation, and I planned on using that as my space - if my project is successful I plan on roughing in a room specifically for my growing needs, but first I MUST LEARN!!

So, I go to the store and I buy a FLourescent grow light which holds two tubes and decide - Off I go!

All Seven of my seeds germinate - so I transfer them all to Peat Pellets and place them under my handy little flourescent grow light.

After a short while - small roots started peaking out of my peat pellets

So I travelled to my local hydor store and decided well, if im gonna do it - Id better do it right - I never do anything half-assed.

So I purchased a 1000watt HPS with a reflector, some better soil, the growers bible by Jorge and Im off - I also become a member of this website..:)

So I get home I transplant my plants ( 4 - I discard three of the seedlings) Set up my light and off I go....

Before too long the plants are doing well it seems - except for one that has developed some Yellow spots and seems sickly....

So I read some of the Bible and peruse this site alot.....

And discover all kinds of interesting things about Humidity, Temperature, Ph Fertilizer - WOW!! lots to learn..back to the store- Ph and water meter - therm and humid meter. Timer for my light ( I started on 24/0 and decided I would go traditional and do the 18/6 thing

So I discover my Ph is too high - I get some Ph down and fix it - I also discover I have veryy low humidity and the Temp is too high, so I get an AC unti and a Humidifier and together they solve the proble - temp is stable -

My plant is still sick - I try some epsom salts, fluching, and decide that the little fella is done for and send him on his way (flush)

I am left with my 3 plants at 3 weeks

MOre to come... I have to change computers for a second...

So after just about a week of 12/12 and about 6 inches increase i height- I have identified two of my plants as female and Im working the last one and am hopeful.

View attachment 27774

Female....

View attachment 27775

Female...

View attachment 27776

I call this one THE GREAT UNKNOWN...

View attachment 27777

I have also discovered I may have to yet again transplant ( ive already moved up to 3 gallon pots and it looks like I might need to go to 5 gallon.

This will happen tomorrow....stay tuned...

TKDMAN:holysheep: :woohoo:

UPDATE

apparently my 3 gallon pots should be good enough...

THis would be good as Im dreading transplanting them again from the 3 gallon ones.

lookin nice n bushy there mate do you know what strain these are deafntly indica dominant with the fat leaves keep up the good work

I'm going to definitely be keeping up with your grow. Good luck. They look nice.

stonedsmithy said:
lookin nice n bushy there mate do you know what strain these are deafntly indica dominant with the fat leaves keep up the good work

Nope - just bagseed I got from a friend - I wish I did know though...

TKDMAN:p

I introduced a Tomato Fertilizer yesterday that is higher in Ph but still has a fair degree of N and P.

The planst seem to be responding well to it..

OK - STRESSSSSS

I have to go out of town tomorrow for the weekend.

Everything is on timers....Im gonna fill the humidifier and give the plants a big drink before I leave.

I will also raise the light a few inches for safety...

Hope nothing goes wrong!!!

good job man.. looks like you have been doing your homework.

looking good & hope all goes well while your gone. has the other plant showed sex yet? and your right the 3gal buckets should be fine, i have grow in 6" and 1gal containers with 1-2oz per plant in a small closet with no probs other than having to water more often! keep us updated.
also males are usualy are the first to show themselves so the 3rd is prob female as well ;)

Day one out of town and all is well - My wife is watching my girls ( it appears all 3 are female - lucky Me!!)

im home Sunday Night....

Whew - Made it through the weekend away and nothing went wrong.

Also - all my girls are Girls!!

TKDMAN

Yes I got some new seeds while I was away for my next run, after this first learning experience.

I got some White Lightning and a Blueberry/Bubbleberry cross.

It will be a bit before I start it but Im excited, hard to get seeds where I am.

Sounds like you are set for your next grow. What is the makeup of White Lightening? Is it a White Widow cross?

I got two different kinds

White Lightning - Northern Lights * White Widow Cross

and

Buzzberry - Blueberry * Bubbleberry mother crossed with a Burmese * NYC Diesel Father

Sounds like some good strains. Where did you get them from? Congrats on all three females, that is awesome!!!

Sounds awesome. I really like the sound of that White Widow-Northern Lights cross. That sounds promising.

Latest posts

Back