Getting ready for the season...help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonnylorenzo

Reaction score
I was just wondering on different types of soil to use? I've used miracle grow...which I know is like the worst to use...but it was all I had at the time...this year I have money and want to do it right...I was thinking about using 'foxfarm happy frog®' but I wanted to get other options.

Please and thank you!

You would be doing your plants a favor. Unless it;s Seed Starter Mix.

Happy Frog is a great organic soil that has nutes to last about 3-4 weeks.. You can't go wrong with it. good choice.

From seed, I start with black gold seed starter mix, which has no nutrients in it. After they're ready for a transplant into a larger pot, both of what Rose and HL said are great. Depending how large/many plants you're doing outside those can get pricey though.

Ston loc, that is what we keep you around for, i thought he was indoor. SO...
If i was doing an outdoor grow, and was going to put them in the ground and apply amendments, the first thing I would do is get your natural soil tested. It isn't expensive. Find out what you have and then add amendments. Ston is right, that would be expensive for big od pots.

Mybad I didn't provide this information before It's outdoor buy they are still gonna be in pots....3-4 gallon black plastic pots 4-5 plants

A couple bags of Fox Farm or Happy Frog would do you good then, and not break the bank. GL

Depending on where you live, you may have cheaper alternatives. I buy an organic soil from HD that I love. It has done very well for me, but it is only available in the west.

If your climate permits, you also have time to cook up some super soil or make some compost. If I was growing outdoors (Rosebud, he had not said he was growing outdoors when you posted), I would run organic. I love being able to turn garbage and poo into soil and plant food.

Latest posts

Back