2 tent indoor super soil grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Smack try a spray bottle on seedlings next time also keeps leaves moist and won't rot the roots just be careful if you have them to close to lights can cause minor spots on leaves from burning. I'm an old Brockton boy it was a nice place at one time. How did your white widow do I just ordered some fem. seeds can't wait to get them going.

Hey grassman, thanks for stoppin by... :48:

misting the seedlings? i was under the impression you didn't want to keep the leaves moist as that would invite mold and fungus or whatever. I'm still trying to get my seedling care skills under control. I think it all comes down to watering, I havent really been working up to a full drench and dry cycle and just goin in full tilt. I'll get it right one of these days... :doh:

The white widow was great... from what I remember. Truthfully, that grow is all kind of a blur now, you would prob get more info from my GJ than I could remember off hand. It ended with an early harvest due to a really scary and unfortunate run in with the local mexican drug cartel(I was in mexico). Everything was fine in the end, even a little humorous, but new pair of pants scary while it was going down. There were also caterpillars...

Update timeeee...

the freakin cheese made it... I can't believe it. It took like 2 weeks for one of them to open up! That one also turned out to have 2 cotelydons... hopefully you can see it in the picture...

The satori and the super sour og are growing along, stressed a little by my naivete, but I think they will fare better than the last round of seedlings thanks to you guys! :cool2:

View attachment goodlookin - 1.jpg

Everything in the big tent is looking great. As Rose noted, they are taking a while to dry out... like a week at least, but they are also growing very steadily. Right now they are the size at which they would have been transplanted to these pots, little bigger maybe.

View attachment goodlookin - 2.jpg
View attachment goodlookin - 3.jpg

I took a couple close ups of some oddities on the plants. There's two different things, one looks like inter-veinal chlorosis to me and I have no idea with the other. The new growth is kinda yellow and scrunchy. I am wondering if the inter-venial chlorosis is damage from my light being too close or from water getting on the leaves. My 1000w MH is running at 75% power and is at least 3ft away in a cooltube. Temps have been like 75F max.

I am hoping it will work itself out as the roots hit the super soil...

View attachment goodlookin - 4.jpg
View attachment goodlookin - 5.jpg
View attachment goodlookin - 6.jpg

Things are trucking along...

I just top dressed the seedlings(besides the cheese, they are still green and TINY), they were starting to frown and get yellow... as they seem to always do for me... hopefully this will make them happy.

I have a new plan for the next seeds I pop. Since I cant seem to handle seeds in 16oz solo cups, im going to start them in plastic shot glasses. THEN, once they are doing well in those, transplant to the solo cups with some good soil in em. I think that should fix my issues... what do you guys think? (if anyone is reading... heh)

On a slightly annoying note, opened the big tent yesterday to fungus gnats... BOOOO, went to pick up some diatomaceous earth and got sold on some nematodes instead. I am excited to try them out. I will post some pics when I do it. They look like a slice of cheese haha.

hope everyones grows are green and stinky!

lots going on.. mostly all good...

View attachment nematodes - 1.jpg

I watered in the nematodes to all the plants in the big tent. I only used about 1/5 of the nematodes, which is supposed to be for 100 sq ft, so it should be plenty. Still, its expiration date is dec 1 so I will prob just use the rest anyways before it goes bad. Almost all fungus gnats are gone, and no more should be hatching... these pics are from when I did that which was on sat I think...

View attachment nematodes - 2.jpg
View attachment nematodes - 3.jpg
View attachment nematodes - 4.jpg

the sprouts in the small tent are not happy... it looks like the top dressing is helping, but may be too little too late. I will no longer be starting seeds in 16oz solo cups. I found these ridiculously cute solo shot cups that look like they will be perfect. I just started 2 christmas kush and 3 white rhino in the shot glasses with FFLW.

Back to the big tent, looks like everyone has hit maturity and some have visible preflowers. I saw at least one definite female and male (culled). I am going to start fimming the females as they show.

View attachment nematodes - 5.jpg

thanks for reading

Hey everyone, figured it was about time for an update...

Culled a bunch of males, 7 I believe. Currently looking at 10 females and 1 still to show...
Switched to 20/4 light schedule because our washing machine starting tripping the breaker, so I need a window of time I can do laundry until we upgrade our electrical box to 200amps... almost $3k.. eek

This pic was taken just after lights out
View attachment checkin-in - 1.jpg

In the next couple days, I am going to FIM them all. Then in a week or so, I will flip to 12/12.

Here you can see something going on with one of the leaves, once the lights come back on I will take a closer look to see if there is any pattern, but I haven't noticed one yet.

View attachment checkin-in - 2.jpg

I did notice some twisting leaf fingers about 2 weeks ago and thought my microbe herd might be struggling a little so I upped my molasses from 1 tsp/gal to 1 tb/gal. The twisting has mostly gone away. I also whipped up some compost tea from some espoma compost starter and watered with that to give the microbe herd a little boost.

The small tent is still trucking. The seedlings in the solo cups have been battered but they are still growing, they have been top dressed with some Dr. Earth soil and watered with a less concentrated compost tea today.

I am tempted to start more beans, but I feel like the struggling plants will start to take off and then I will end up with too many plants... So I am going to continue to be patient with them... I WILL learn how to water seedlings haha I am determined..

haha yea, hopefully they wont be so little for long. I will update with pics after I water tonight, they already look much happier.

I am excited for there to be more going on, but I should be careful what I wish for... haha

Also, my buddy just found a ton of seeds hidden in the back of his closet and donated them to me. They are like 5 years old, so I'm not too optimistic, but there's a ton of white rhino seeds, one lemon haze, 4 super skunk, 10 christmas kush and a bunch of "VT outdoors"
If you pick up some npk-RAW kelp, and amino acids(Omnia) and soak the seeds in them it will give you the best chance for a successful germination especially with older seeds

cool, they are having a black friday sale at my hydro store and they have the whole RAW line (that is the product you were referring to, right?) , so maybe I will swing by and pick some up on friday... thanks gooch

The 5 I tried to germ did nothing... I wasn't hoping for too much, they are over 6 years old and I have no idea how they were stored.

Yes that is what i am referring to, I just discovered the raw products and Harley Smith who teaches how to grow amazing fruits, and flowers, and with the knowledge i have learned in less then a month has turned my first grow into a huge success and my second grow from seeds is unreal I will post a pic of my root mass on my seedling at 20'something days using raw kelp,aminoacids, and potassium while cutting the base nutes in half

View attachment rootmass.jpg

yea, I've seen you post a couple times about it, and I checked out one of the videos, seems pretty sweet. I will spend more time lookin into it. I was definitely a little skeptical at first, esp since you're pushin it like theyre paying you :D kidding

my GJ has been mostly just me talking to myself, so thanks for droppin by

well the knowledge sparked a passion which is why it might seem like i am being paid ;-) but not only am i not being paid but i buy the products and tried to give him a free $3000 website for teaching me for free

just an FYI they also can be used in organic grows, they have special cultures for grow and bloom ;-)

yea, I was checking out their site and saw that... I think I have everything I need in that realm right now, but once I run out I will def look at them...

well more important then buying their product is understand what are the good microbes etc.. he does a great lecture on it

if you are looking for some more good reading material, I have a pdf of teaming with microbes, it is a great read for organic growing, and understanding the soil food web in general... I guess you don't grow in soil tho, right?

no the only thing i can do with dirt is get dirty :smoke1:

cost is under 200 and medium per pot can be as low as $6, its ebb and flow 2 gallon buckets

The 11 ladies in the big tent are 64 days from seed today. They are looking pretty good! I think the issue I was having has been remedied. I removed some of the more damaged fan leaves and I have not seen it developing on any others.

View attachment day 64 - 1.jpg

View attachment day 64 - 2.jpg

I just had to go to texas for the weekend and decided to jsut water well before I left and pray... worked out well, I also fimmed before I left so it was nice to see the new growth.
View attachment day 64 - 3.jpg

View attachment day 64 - 4.jpg

got a little tacoing going on that I would like to remedy. I think it is due to poor circulation. I noticed my exhaust fan was turned down kinda low, so hopefully that will fix it.
View attachment day 64 - 5.jpg

Latest posts

Back