Critical Kush, and Purple Og#18

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

next

Reaction score
Hey guys n gals,

Dropped the seeds on Nov 25th. 1 Critical Kush (Barney's Farm), and 1 Purple Og #18 (Reserva Privada). I put them in 3-4" peat pots, plain pro-mix for the first 3/4 of the pot, and mixed some amended soil cut with about 50/50 of plain soil, and filled the bottom inch. I had them under some 2ft T5's but they were stretching a bit, so I put them in the tent under the LED's. I've never grown under T5's I must not of had the light close enough.

Their main soil is a mix that Droopy helped me out with, should be able to find it in the organic section under "found me some goodies" I put them into the 5gal root pouch fabric pots at 2 weeks old, along with the main "super soil"

Hoping for a water only grow, that my wife can take care of. So far so good..

I also still have a cutting from my last Satori grow, my mother plant got some spider mites so I tossed it and kept a clone. It grew roots a few days ago, I put it inside the tent too.

Cheers.

Great choice I'm a week out possibly and my CK is a monster.. Smelling good too.

I mentioned spider mites getting at my mother plant.. she was sitting exposed in my basement. Reallly hoping that they dont find their way inside the tent!

Hmm... did some looking thru my past grow journals, and it seems my plants were growing alot faster then compared now. These guys are now 2 weeks old and still little seedlings, I'm thinking its a little too cool in there for them. I will add the 45 watt fluorescent light in there to up the temps a bit. My cheapo thermostat that is in there is reading about 70', im only running 1 of the led lights. The fluorescent light should up the temps 4-5degrees. I'll grab some pics

I found 2 good solutions for getting rid of bugs and molds etc... first the organic method... Grow high brix plants, with a brix of 12% or greater sucking bugs dont even land, and mold cant get established through the thick pectin.
For sprays i use mighty wash very effective at killing off what is on the plant 99.9998 water

Thanks for stopping by Gooch,

Here are a few pics of what ive got. The critical kush is playing games like the last red poison I had, it she poppedup hungry! So on their 2 week old bday I transplanted them into 5gsl root pouch pots with amended soil. Seems as tho the CK is greening up now.

The purple Og popped up a day sooner and looks quite habit healthier overall. I have 1 ck seed left, was tempted to plant it but lack of soil stopped me, new soil is cooking.. miighht drop a seed and and soil will be ready for a 2 week transplant.

I had the Satori clone inside the tent for a few days then I seen a strand of webbing on her.. I pulled out my magnifying glass and attempted to kill / remove all the mites. It was easy to do because the clone only had 4 leaves total.. I still spent a good half hour to make sure. Anyways its been about 3 days and no more signs of mites. I will keep an eye out. She was looking a little pale, one leaf turning purple.. I gave her some seaweed extract npk was 2-2-7 iirc. See how she takes to it, was her first feeding, she is in some used soil. I don't have any good soil left, I will have to be creative to try n keep her alive.
View attachment tmp_5055-IMG_20151208_16794-1131167212.jpg

View attachment tmp_5055-IMG_20151208_5347-1938547332.jpg

View attachment tmp_5055-IMG_20151208_14101867539835.jpg

View attachment tmp_5055-IMG_20151208_23598-1866113097.jpg

i may be able to harvest a cup or so of fresh ewc to make a tea out of.. just a simple ewc + molasses tea for their next first big watering in their new big pots.

Dropped a seed from 710 Genetics, called High Priority. I believe it is a cross of big bud x skunk #1 and a cheese variety. I've never had a cheesey strain so im looking forward to the end result.

The CK and Pog are doing great, if everything survives I will have 4 plants total this round.

green mojo next....... I hope those little plants don't have problems being in such big pots.

It always amazes me when people plant seeds in giant pots but then i say whay difference should it make if you plant it in the earth outside, but i believe smaller space promoted dense roots, dense roots equal large buds

green mojo next....... I hope those little plants don't have problems being in such big pots.

Thanks G13.

Ive gone this route the last 4 grows, I start them in small pots then transplant into the big ones at 2 weeks. These guys are a tad small tho, I think the fabric pots help dramatically allowing them to still go through proper wet / dry cycles.

Gave them their first full watering, about 9 liters plain tap water between the both of them. Should be good for another week or so, they look happy.

View attachment tmp_20937-IMG_20151211_22605322907648.jpg

View attachment tmp_20937-IMG_20151211_329821019239512.jpg

Its been almost a week and no sign of The Borg trying to make a comeback. Satori clone isnt doing very good tho.. I have some seeds left but I kinda wanted to keep this plant alive. I failed at attempting to reveg them and this is the last clone so I suppose I will see what a lil time does for her. If all else fails ill pop a seed and run her again.

Watering time again the other day, plain ol h20 and they are loving it. The Purple OG sure took off, the CK had a bit of droop from the big watering, but perked back up over night. Still no sign of the High Priority seedling, starting to think the worst....

Thinking about topping them but waiting and watching for now, would be nice to score a clone from the top.
View attachment tmp_17300-IMG_20151216_55271-1146571158.jpg

View attachment tmp_17300-IMG_20151216_11869533031635.jpg

View attachment tmp_17300-IMG_20151216_24806-1615479258.jpg

View attachment tmp_17300-IMG_20151216_1960197605990.jpg

Still some weirdness going on with the critical kush, some slight discoloration on its fan leaves.

Also The Brog came back.. found 3 on the Satori clone... so I clipped off a few leaves and pulled it outta the tent. Might give it a spray with some insecticide see what happens. Its called Safer's insecticidal soap

if you can get some Azamax, iv tried a few different things when i got the borg a few years ago... and nothing i have tried even comes close how effective and quick Azamax is, some others worked quite well but took 2-3 times longer to solve the problem.

im really hoping the insecticidal soap did the trick. Plant looks happy..

The critical kush looks odd.. might pull it outta the tent and try to get a closure look. I think it is a mutant of some sort.

The purple og is happy happy, i trimmed off the 2 lowest shoots and threw them in the bubble cloner, theyre small so will see what happens. Its at its 7th or 8th node, thinking about topping her..

View attachment tmp_400-IMG_20151222_23221-594967222.jpg

View attachment tmp_400-IMG_20151222_34729-350004022.jpg

View attachment tmp_400-IMG_20151222_28891-408805494.jpg

So i trimmed the pog, took the bottom 4 branches off as well as the top. Threw the 4 branches in the bubble cloner.

The critical push is looking very weird to say the least.. might have to cull her.

Latest posts

Back