My first journal!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great news! My ductch dragon sprouted but chocolope didnt. I'm now going to sprout Larry OG fem so I have 2 plants. Cross your fingers. Time for a smoke!:joint4:

Hey KillerTea, decent little setup you got going.

Interesting homemade reflector you got there haha. I'm sure you would have better light efficiency if you bought that reflector you were looking at as opposed to the one you made.

Dutch Dragon! Paradise Seeds! :clap: I've grown out their White Berry and Delahaze strains. My favorite breeder, quality genetics, good germination rates, always female on their feminized strains. Never had any problems with Paradise Seeds. Their White Berry seeds did come with at least 3 different phenotypes when I last tried them. One of the phenos produced big buds but little THC and another produced massive amounts of sticky resin but small, compact buds. The third pheno produced good and with quality amounts of THC/Cbd, etc.

I might have missed it somewhere but do you germinate your seeds originally in a glass of water, paper towel or straight into the substrate?
Do you plant the germinated seeds in a small or big container? I've put seeds into small clay pots and come back and they are dried out. Stay away from clay, lol.

Hey Fog! Yeah man I got people I live with, not parents lol I'm old and falling apart lol. Smoke alarm does nothing but alert LEO to your place, I'm legal and everything but I don't trust cops period! Lol.

Hey Mental Patient! I'm on a 5150 myself, can't seem to get out of this straight jacket. Typing with my nose sucks, j/k. I use the paper towel method of starting seeds, just the Chocolope I didn't I just buried it in soil bad choice lol. They are in small paper cups for now, when ready they will go in 3 gall smart pots.

Seriously? Do you have a step by step instructions? I cant take pills anymore just cannabis and a topical ointment would be great. I will check out Google too, thanks again!

Now this is a grow journal. I can almost see it growing. Just messen wit ya Bro. Green Mojo my friend.

So I have a Hurricane 4in inline fan to exhaust the cabinet. It's crazy loud, I have been reading for weeks on how to quiet that little bastard. My plan is to use insulated ducting throughout, my fan is hung with bungee cords and inside a rubber made storage container with a sleeping bag wrapped around it as best as possible. Then I am building a DIY ducting silencer/muffler on the exit end of it. Lastly I will get a speed control if I absolutely need to. Did I forget anything? Suggestions welcome! I will post pics when I'm done.

The speed controller for the exhaust fan in my opinion is a must. As a matter of fact, having two set at different speeds will make your life much easier because the speed of your exhaust fan will need to be different with lights on and off.
Even in a heated room the temperatures can drop lower than you want them when the lights are off. At least this is what I see in my grow .....This is if you're not running a heater or a/c controlling your temps....
Believe it or not simply adding some duct work to your exhaust fan and putting the end in a cardboard box will quiet things down quite a bit.

I currently use the Active Air controllers but you might look into one that has a temp probe that can be set to come on at a set temperature if they aren't too pricey for you.. The HydroGalaxy is around $80....where as the Active Air is under $20. I tried to post a link but I'm using my phone and for whatever reason its not letting me do so.

I have a temperature controler that I can use, I would have to plug in that to the speed control then into the fan then into the power strip lol doesn't sound to safe but it could work I guess. I do want to keep my temps at 80 deg max and having it cycle on/off would help my noise issue as well not being on a full 12 hrs.

Here is a picture of my DIY ducting muffler/silencer not my design found it online. What should I wrap it with to absorb sound? I have seen commercial brands with an egg crate foam mattress topper material and I have seen house wall insulation but not good reviews on sound deadening ability. Throw me your advice peeps. Oh one is 4in diameter and the other is 6in fyi.

View attachment 2016-01-17 15.15.43.jpg

Latest posts

Back