Trying my luck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrdrinknsmoke

Reaction score
Hello. First off, I love this site! After reading the site I decided to try my luck. I did'nt know it was so easy. I'm 5 days into my grow and I think im in love with my plants. Thanks to every one on this site I feel that I'll be an expert in no time. Also have a few questions. Although I'm hoping for all female plants! What to do with the male ones? Can they be smoked? Please excuse my ignorance but i'm a first timer. Here's a pic of my plants 5 days since planted.
What do you guys think? Comments Welcome?

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

new lite2.JPG

Whats up mang. What type of lighting are you using? Looks like the babies are stretching a bit. Do you have a fan blowing on them? Kill the males and toss them out. Here's some GREEN MOJO to give them babies a boost. ;)

First off, I've been collecting seeds for a while. I was just about to throw away a little bag with about 300 seeds in it. When I decided to myself that it would be really nice to try some home grown. Been hearing that the taste is awesome and very different. So, I started research to see if it can be done. Came across this site. Then my mind was made up. I also decided to do it totally FREE. Hidden in my room.
Started looking around all my families houses. I found Plastic cups at my aunt's house. Then I found two types of soil thanks to my green thumb mom in her garage. I then went over to my girlfriends house to find light. The light had to be very small and bright. So I took her desk lamp which is perfect for my ''Hidden'' grow space. ( SEE PICTURES )
The problem is that I'm really starting to love these plants. But I love smoking more.
My plan is to grow my own forever if all goes well.

***Remember I plan to do ALL this for free. Taking stuff from family and friends !!!!***

My Setup...

Seeds----nothing special collected for long time.

Cups ----took from aunt's house.

Soil ----Miracle - Gro Potting Mix mixed with Scotts Potting Soil with phosphorus. Could'nt make up my mind used them both.

Light----Bright *** Reading lamp dont know wattage.

Box ----To hide my grow space.

( SEE PICTURES ) Any and all comments welcome. Thanks for reading my story.
Attached Thumbnails

seedz.JPG

free cups.JPG

potting soil.JPG

new lite3.JPG

new lite.JPG

Ok the first thing ya wanna do is get a small fan blowing on them. This will help strengthen the stems so they can hold them big buds when the time comes. ;) Also your gonna need more light that's for sure. You need a minimum of 3,000 lumens per square foot of grow space.

Thanks for the advice TBG you are da' man! Now I gotta find a relative that has a small fan and more lights. Remember I'm doing my grow totally free by taking what I need from family and friends. Wish me luck!

Mrdrinknsmoke said:
Thanks for the advice TBG you are da' man! Now I gotta find a relative that has a small fan and more lights. Remember I'm doing my grow totally free by taking what I need from family and friends. Wish me luck!

If you want to grow your going to need some things.
Growing is an investment if you want to get any bud.

I reccommend a few more bulbs like the one you have. Preferably with another reflector like the one you have shown. Your plants are going to stretch considerably with only the one bulb. They would be better off in direct sunlight until you get more light. Other than that, it sounds like you're on you way to a beautiful garden!

Go all out on shopping is my advice because the more money you invest the danker the budz. :)

Thank you all for your input. As time goes by you'll see that i'll but putting all input into practice. Maybe we'll have some nice budz.

I have a good feeling your babies will turn out excellent. Keep us posted on any changes!

I've aquired a new light source. Thanks to my cousins attic. I love shopping at other people houses.
I think it will provide the needed light. I'll post pics very soon.
Thanks again to every one reading this journal.

hey friend...yes pics would be helpful..Growdude is right man..if you are wanting to grow nice budz you need to invest in some stuff...but if you have lots of friends and family...find smoe white paint and do away with the Green walls...also stirofoam is not good from what I have read...go to a nursery and ask for some 6 inch pots they will give them to you free..with miracle grow you wont need nutes for a while..but when you do find a friend or family member that has fox farm nutes and fallow that feeding sched..good luck and Happy Growing

good luck to ya maybe you might get lucky and a friend or family member will have a hps light and some mylar happy growing

Latest posts

Back