Producing auto seeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poorgrower

Reaction score
Hi all I couldn't find a grow journal about this but I was wondering about making my own auto seeds. I have never grown autos so I dont know what to expect. Can I simply pollinate, for example, a female Lowryder with a male Lowryder from the same bag? thanks

also, who here has done it? any strain recommendations or any particular to stay away from?

poorgrower said:
also, who here has done it? any strain recommendations or any particular to stay away from?
I did this last year with some Lowlife AK-47. I planted 10 seeds in seperate 3 gallon buckets. The best male and female were moved far out into the woods to do the nasty in private.. when the male was in full flower and releasing pollon, I just shook them together a little and sure enough..We have seeds! The only issue I have is the shells of the seeds are very hard. After a few failed attemps to germinate, I finally discovered that if I soak them overnight in water and then gently crack them with pliers, they would sprout the following day.. barbaric yes, but it's working for me.
The AK-47 is the only auto I have grown, but I highly recomend it. It was great smoke, easy to grow, and I got a great yield!
:icon_smile:

tripe said:
I did this last year with some Lowlife AK-47. I planted 10 seeds in seperate 3 gallon buckets. The best male and female were moved far out into the woods to do the nasty in private.. when the male was in full flower and releasing pollon, I just shook them together a little and sure enough..We have seeds! The only issue I have is the shells of the seeds are very hard. After a few failed attemps to germinate, I finally discovered that if I soak them overnight in water and then gently crack them with pliers, they would sprout the following day.. barbaric yes, but it's working for me.
The AK-47 is the only auto I have grown, but I highly recomend it. It was great smoke, easy to grow, and I got a great yield!
:icon_smile:
Short note, I wouldn't be using pliers unless they're sterilized and you're pretty good with stopping with pressure when you hear the seed split. Iv'e read about their seeds being super hardened as well, and the general suggestion is to do what you did; soak them, split them, and then plant them. But most people are doing it with the tips of their fingers. I've split a few with my fingers before, so I don't think they're hard enough to not be able to split between the thumb and forefinger.

-nasty

i find you have to wait a couple months after they (bigger, hard seeds) come off the plant for them to germinate properly. i have a batch thats doing the same thing now, not one popped but if i break them open you can see that they are viable.

last time this happened i just stored them away, for i think, i let them go probbaly close to a year, and they all popped normally. i dont know what it is.

then with the same pollen but differnt females of same strain produced completly differnt looking seed, and they all pop right off the plant, while others take a waiting time but both are for sure fully mature (nice and brown, stripes, no green, fall out the pod, ect)

another thing i here about breeding with autos is after a certain amount of generations the runderalis really starts to come out and quaitly is bad

if you breed two true autos together the offspring should be all 100% auto. i crosses a photoperiod with one of my autos before and it was like a 50/50 chance to get a autoflowering plant.

Latest posts

Back