Build your own Odor Neutralizing Machine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey everyone, if you want to try this ONA out, go to 'the big tomato' .com and get a block for 7.95 plus 6.95 shipping. It's cheaper than worms way and the others by a bunch. They make their money on the shipping charges. Worms way and the 'hydro' stores will charge you 12.95 or MORE for shipping the 6oz pail of Ona to you!
BTW, it does NOT mask odors, it EATS them. Total neutralization or odors so says the bio. So I just ordered a block and will place it in my grow cab in front of the intake fan to eat the 'stink' off the ladies...some stinks are good, but you don't want all the fellas smellin yur ladies! ;)

Company's bio says block will last 1 1/2 to 2 months uncovered, more if you drill a few holes in the containers lid and leave covered if the odor is sufficiently reduced that way.

Go online guys and gals...it's all at your fingertips if you look!

these work awesome,i add a cup of downy fabric softner with febreeze,the citrus scented,basically smells like febreeze with citrus,but its thicker,5 gallon bucket 1 cup ona gel,1 cup downy,10 cups water,1 cup soil moist,then i add water and stir once a week,i also have a citrus magic spray used for kitty litter boxes..it is the stuff,couple squirts a week in the bucket as well,outside the cab,inside the room

md.apothecary said:
There is no need for venting this out of the room or anything right? This just sits in the stinky area and it takes the odor out?

I am tired of all this "venting required" stuff, I need something that just chills in the corner.... this looks like what I need.... being this will also add circulation to the room... im assuming?

The plants need proper ventilation as without it they don't get adequate CO2 and will be too hot. Ventilation is an essential.

:holysheep:
This is the best thing ever and is exactly what i need as the person who owns the property im going to grow at said his only concern was the smell, i was going to do a very shoddy makeshift de-oderizer attatched to the ventilation of the closet as the air leaves through the tube.

Would this work as im not sure i could get all the stuff that easy...

a large flexible tube ( the ones at the back of tumble dryer's)
placing tea towls soaked in a De-oderizer but not blocking up the tube's just partially filling, then place a standard filter just inside the last section of the tube and then close the tube off with a filter from a gask mask as i can get those on the cheap and replace them each week, not very cost effective =/

I just read through all of this and did it slightly different... I am a big aquarium fish guy so I have active carbon coming out my ***. I used a 2 gal bucket that is the exact same diameter as a 5 gal bucket and a 5 gal bucket for my build. I drilled a million 1/8" holes in the 2 gal bucket and dumped about 2-3 inches of 1/4 inch carbon sticks in. The 2 gal bucket slides into the 5 gal bucket and acts as a shelf for the carbon to sit on. The rest of the build is the same. I used a mixture of lemon pinesol and odor eliminating junk from lowes. So far so good but it has only been running for about an hour now so ill let you know the real deal after it runs for some time!

I built a small ona breeze using an empty 100 cd container and a PC fan. I fill it about half way with water and add a couple table spoons of ona. It works great.

IMG_0543.JPG

IMG_0542.JPG

IMG_0541.JPG

I found a product made. By miracle grow that the counter monkeys suggested. To use for the soil moist. Its water saturation crystals. Will that suffice?

FORMULA51 said:
I found a product made. By miracle grow that the counter monkeys suggested. To use for the soil moist. Its water saturation crystals. Will that suffice?

as long as it absorbs the water and hold it..

Just made a ghetto version of this.... 2-3 gallon Cheese ball container from Sams LOL.... bout half cup of Soil Moist. Cup or so of ONA Liquid and a few cups of water....

No fan Just have it setting in the corner near the Ventilation fan.. Whole house is smelling clean now .

the order killer machine is awesome,,,
thanks 4 the info:icon_smile:

Ao this isn't filtering the air like a carbon filter right? It's just produces strong laundry like aromas to cover the bud smell?

I be looking through everything but this overall will get rid of the bud smell this is what I need for sure wonder if there's any new designs of diy thanks man

I use to use ONA in a plain aluminum bread pan mixed with water crystals Mixed water crystals, ONA, and water in the pan and left it out in the room , not in tent.
I be looking through everything but this overall will get rid of the bud smell this is what I need for sure wonder if there's any , mixed new designs of diy thanks man

A towel soaked in Fabric softener and setting in a can.

Latest posts

Back