Planting clones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norcentralorganic

organic medical grower
Reaction score
Hi all, I was just curious what everyone's procedure for transplanting clones outside is and when? I just put four outside in my vegetable garden today. Two of them I dug holes and filled the holes with roots organic soil and put the clones into that. The other two I ran out of soil for and didn't feel like taking the 30 minute run to the grow store so I decided to put them into straight garden dirt. I dug down about 18 inches and broke up the soil real well before I planted them. I am curious to see the side by side comparison. :vap-Bong_smoker:

should be interesting to see, for sure :)
only thing i like to really advise it; best to introduce them to the intensity of the sun slowly.. a few days shaded or in a greenhouse.

Yes, you really should acclimate the plants to outside slowly. Watch them--you may need to cover them.

Thanks for the heads up, I have had them outside for a few days now in a spot with a fair amount of shade. I will be sure to watch them now that they are in direct sunlight most of the day. I am hoping the manure I mixed into the garden when I tilled it last month isn't too hot for the clones that are not it roots organic as a base. I haven't done much outdoor growing over the years. I still have a ton to learn.

This is only my third od grow. There is a lot to learn. Finishing was a problem last year. It is fun to grow big ole plants though.

Check out some grow journals of od growers. TCBUD, is a great grower with journals every year. Ston-loc has been kicking it the last few years. G 13 had a great grow last year, lots more, just read a lot.

Enjoy the ride...it is a treat. But it also sucks... I have bugs worse then i ever have before... mild winter, i guess.

Thanks Rose, I will definitely be checking out some OD journals. I wondered how bugs would be... Has anyone had any experience using Azamax outdoors to control pests?

I have enough beneficials in my yard to take care of most the bugs. I use SNS products. I had flying ants get in my roots..weird. I had thrip but that was when they were in the shed. outdoors is better bug control imo. If you have a lot of birds or lacewings you should be ok.

that's what I do. Dig a hole and fill it up with dirt. outdoor good bugs will help with the bad ones.

Enjoy the ride...and remember, for every problem insect there's a predator insect..

I flood my garden with praying mantises....they kill/eat everything living in the garden, except for a few dug in caterpillars that aren't on the surface of the plant. They like to dig in to the stem beneath the bud....but to sacrifice a few bud (not the entire bud, just the spot immediately around the caterpillar area) spots do to dug in caterpillars, is nothing compared to what's harvested...you won't even miss it

Latest posts

Back