Sopappy's grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can always use my old dirt around the house.

Mine just goes into the compost pile, then back into my pots from time to time, don't really do organic, have done it and I just like what I'm doing now, it seems to work. Dirt gets used outside for the planters and the landscaping.

Pappy I'm looking a very complicated set-up. Sure wish you would just do a dirt grow with me using the nutes I tell you, i know you can get this, your just making way to complicated for yourself. I really think you need to read this

okay, okay, my eyes glazed over once or twice
that alkalinity thing, not to be confused with alkaline? ya, okay
and the fertilizers, skimmed a bit there :)
I don't have to spring for a water test, it's on the city's web site
I'll do up an excel sheet

Take a look at my roots, will ya? No slime, no snot, they don't smell at all, tips seem fine, some nice white in places but oh, all that dark brown
say it ain't so, joe,

Sometimes the roots get stained by the nutes, my nutes just are light in color and did not stain my roots. Sounds like your going along good, green mojo brotha.

I can always use my old dirt around the house.

I tried that but the perlite sticks out like a sore thumb, to me anyways.
I did do some patching with it once and the patches were lush hahaha
Ever have a seedling pop up?

I'm trying something different with my fans. I call it my Hushpuppy-o-matic.
I thought those PC fans were too weak but his idea re directing the (cooler) air up towards the light is tempting. I see the leaves rustling but that's about it.
I'm thinking this is plenty so I'm not using any other ventilation in the room (except exhaust) and they are on a 10 minute on/off cycle (just a guess)

I've since replaced both that blue and clear tote. Neither are HDPE #2 plastic, little triangle on the bottom.

10 minutes on, 10 minutes off is too long on for that wee fan.
When I checked on them at night I saw no drooping at all, looked wide awake to me
changed interval to 3' on, 7' off and I see the droop

View attachment 100_1020.JPG

View attachment fan.JPG

Whoa whoa... easy with shooting your water up and out of the water like that. Your prone to have that hose change directions on you an flood you out or something. When I mentioned point a pump from the bottom up to the top.. I didn't mean add hose to it. Just the unit, bare, raw by itself, shooting up :aok:

Careful there, Niagara Falls! hah :D

showing some skills sopappy......... looking good.......:48:

Whoa whoa... easy with shooting your water up and out of the water like that. Your prone to have that hose change directions on you an flood you out or something. When I mentioned point a pump from the bottom up to the top.. I didn't mean add hose to it. Just the unit, bare, raw by itself, shooting up :aok:

Careful there, Niagara Falls! hah :D

I just wanted to see if anybody was paying attention.
It's actually outside the room, in laundry room with a floor drain.
Babbling brook sound will wear off and I'll pluck that hose hahaha
I did do it your m a t u r e way in the rez

I'm back to doing the waterfall hose again, Doc. I just read (uh oh) that unless the water actually breaks the surface, there is no new oxygen introduced, just the oxygen that was already in the water moved around. Go figure.
I just like the bubbling sound.

Weehoo I got a ramp going BUT IT'S GOING THE WRONG WAY

5.6 690 drinking 1/2 qt ea
5.5 690 drinking 1/2 qt ea
5.4 690 drinking 1 qt ea and then boom
5.3 630 and now they're eating too
but I topped up with same nuted water and ppms are back up, not sure if they're eating but they are drinking (and growing hahaha)

they look bigger and pretty happy too, now what?
Next batch at half the ppms and 5.5 again or do I start at the other end now at 6.5 (???)

not so fast... they are NOT eating at 600 ppm, they're only drinking. About half quart each every 12 hours.
I'm thinking my nutes suck so I did some window shopping and picked up a bottle of
GH FloraNova One part BLOOM 4 - 8 - 7
(I'm sorry THG, I didn't recognize anything else in there, if you can sub...)

I'd rather not experiment with this stuff at 35 bucks a quart....
If anybody's using it, please share your dosages :)
I'm going to trying using this in VEG as well.

I let my water sit overnight then I add 1ml to every 4L of H2O2 (29%)
and let it sit overnight again before using to save my Myco from a horrible death :)

See anything dumb and I'd appreciate being straightened out -thanks!

Latest posts

Back