Good Babies??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benamucc

is NORML
Reaction score
Hello everyone. These little guys started in front of a window, until i realized it was winter in the northern hemisphere (duh). Now they live here under a 250W work light (halogen type t bulb) They are dual bulb lights and I can add 2x500W and one more 250W. However under the dual 250W they got a little crispy in about 2 hours.

They're on a 18/6 schedule right now, and am thinking they're a little stretchy because of starting in the window? I'm really afraid of over watering, so i let the soil get visualy dry (about every other day in my climate) and give them a drink then. (about 12oz)

Please be critical with comments. I enjoy the feedback, and opinions.

Ciao

001.JPG

002.JPG

hello and welcome I am a new grower as well..I can only see the lights to be a bit HIGH.Like me...what are yer mesure?

lets see here,
yes they do seem a little bit stretched, if i was you i would add a fan on them, just to keep them moving around constantly, and also to cut down on heat....so you can move the light closer.
you want the fan on them alot, so the babies will strengthen there Stem.
I kinda beat the plants up when they are young, like bend the head of the plant to the left, then to the right, back and fourth....i do it to stretch its insides, and the outer skin a little, then it repairs, and Strengthens itself.

besides that, i would say buy some CFLs for vegg, they work great.

Halogen lights are not good for growing. You need either floros or hid(hps or mh) lighting to have a successful grow.

ya looks like 3,
but ya get some CFLs ( compact floros) a.k.a the spiral bulbs.
They are cheap, and work good.

timdog4 said:
Halogen lights are not good for growing. You need either floros or hid(hps or mh) lighting to have a successful grow.

yeah after closer CSI inspection I have to agree..take those back and purchase CFL and a moving fan...

Ekoostik_Hookah said:
ya looks like 3,
but ya get some CFLs ( compact floros) a.k.a the spiral bulbs.
They are cheap, and work good.

one pot...one plant...:welcome: :48: :welcome:

Wow guys! Awesome. I'll switch the lights tomorrow to CFL's in Photography bulb fixtures?? What is proper distance for the CFL's, and will I need a different bulb when flowering??

There are 3 in one right now, I'll move them when the lights arrive. I think in reality there are only 2, and the ramdom is a seed that was already in the pot. (came out of the garage, and I think it has long term fertelizer pelets. However, it's really really close to where I planted one that didn't come up. I have a 24" fan on the floor out of the pic. It moves the plants...just. I flex the based of the stem around but very gently.

This grow might end up being alot of hype since the seeds came out of a half oz I got. Couldn't belive i found 3 since i've been smoking this strand for about a year and never crossed a seed before. I'm paranoid to order from a seedbank. How legit is it??

Thanks again guys, looking forward to keeping this updated!!

PS got a big fan in the room, and it's 60degrees with 50% humidity

as long as you use a recomended seed bank, then its legit.

for the distance on light to seedlings.
you can have the bulb like an inch away from the plants.
I have a few sprouts going right now as well, and the bulb is almost touching the sprout, and i still havent gotten any burn.
For flowering, ideally you should use the " daylight" CFL bulb i belive.
and for Vegg, i think you want the Bright white cfl bubls.
If you dont want to buy a bunch of each.
just buy like 1 or 2 of the Bright white bulbs, and then just buy a bunch of the daylight bulbs.
because daylight bulbs still work for vegg, but the other ones are better.
and when i flower, i still keep the "blueish" bulbs up.....just incase it wants some of that spectrum...

i have also found, that in a small soil container.... growing with CFL's, and with an ave. Temp. of 75-83 degrees F....and a fan in motion.
That its safe to water every other day.....or every 3rd day.
so 2 days without water, then water on 3rd.
personally i just water every other day, a small, but suffiecient ammount of water; is all i add...

whatever works for ya, though

Ok ladies and gents...here we go. First thing this morning, checked in with the boss, and "checked-out" to run some errands. 2x CFL 32W
2150lumens/ea 4300L total. If the lights look stagered in height, it's because they are. "Runway" (the skinny one) is in the smaller pot on the left and a little lower in height. "JLO" (hoping she's a fat-bottom girl) is on the left, and the stronger looking so "she" stayed put. I know it's optomistic with all the she references, but for now I have to stay positive.

18/6 gave them a little drink today. Definatly grew in the dark period last night. Fun to wake up to. 72 degrees with 45% humidity now. Running a small portable electric now so thats where the humidity went.

003.JPG

001.JPG

002.JPG

For veg, the daylight 6500k bulbs and for flower soft white 2700k would be best but they will all work for any part.

Ladies and germinators, Hope you've all survived the holiday crush. I took my vacay on the 2nd :hubba:

Here's whats happening:

I'm planning on purchasing some HPS if...IF...I can sex these as females. I'm not really trying to spend alot on this first grow, but I will spend some. I have access to a large residential surplus and have only spent money on the bulbs thus far (which I'll add 1 more CFL to for now).

Now for the predicament of the week...I have found 3 different fertilizers (Ferti-lome Blooming and Rooting 9-59-8; or Fertilome Root Stimulator and Plant Starter 4-10-3; or Miracle Grow Watering Mix 15-30-5) that I could use on the mystery garage soils (which are 2 different see below), or replant into Miracle Grow potting mix that is 21-7-14 and says "After 3 months use MG watering mix according to package" That mix is 15-30-5.

Furthermore, if I replant I have JLO in a 12in pot, and Runway in an 8in. I can grow these plants up to 7ft if I have to, but would rather not. 4-5ft max in pot is what I would live with.

Good news is that thanks to everyone's help, the stretch has stopped, and we're making leaves. Runway(thermometer in back) still doesn't want to get fat, but is now off the crutches as of last night. Her soil is sandy, and dries out faster. JLO...well, she's my rockstar, and she's sitting in a very light dirt that breaks apart very easy. They're both about the same shade with the sandy one a small amount lighter.

Thanks everyone!!

004.JPG

003 (3).JPG

If you where asking a Q on the ferts,i'd go with the miracle grow,just because its the only veg nute,though ive heard nothin but crap results from miracle grow soil.

If you dont repot into the soil,use the MG watering mix(thats a souble fert right?)

if uve only herd about crap results from mirical grow soil ,,then u have not seen the brothers grunts grows he grows with mirical grow soil ,,but ive also seen some magor problems ,,but it can be done and with some of the best results ive ever seen take a look at the brothers grunt grow journals if u aint seen them ur missin out any ways

Alright, I looked at TBG's grow's in MG, and Big Bloom during flowering, and decided it was worth a shot. I also added 2x24W Cool White Floro's. First transplant made me a little nervous. To be continued...

DSC06354.JPG

DSC06355.JPG

Added 2x 40W Cool White floro's today 3400L/ea, and added a Soft white 26W CFL 1750L for a grand total of 10,700L. Am I there yet? Also picked up 2 40W Soft White for flowering. *I hope... I know it's not the best, but niether is my hardware store...

Hey Bena,

I dont know what your budget is for this, but if you can spend a lil more for flowering..... Check out www.htgsupply.com they also have an ebay store... they sell a 400 watt HPS for 109 bucks.... 39 bucks shipping.... that is a LOT cheaper than just about everywhere else I seen so far.... I grow with one myself and am gonna get another for my next grow. I have not had any problems..... There are a couple guys here that have not had the experience I have had with them..... but to save 150 bucks on a light, i think it is worth it.... As I said, I am gonna buy again.

I grew with MG soil last year and had minimal problems, and no taste issues at all.

Seedlings are looking happy! They love CFL's. Don't sweat the spectrums IMO, just use as many of the strongest CFLs you have and they will turn into dense little ganja shrubs!

Latest posts

Back