}=[.rock][.AP0ll0.XIII.SAT1VA][.soMANGO][.wool}---

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveIt

rock wool apprentice
Reaction score
GERMIgNiTION

*13 x dna genetics' apollo 13 sativa

*5 x soma seeds' somango

(c/o world wide marijuana seeds)

:cool: i'm preparing for a trip
to somewhere... beyond.

T minus 4 months
(or something)

good stuff.jpg

inside.jpg

tube.jpg

13apollo.jpg

somangopack.jpg

5somango.jpg

rollitup.jpg

splash.jpg

tucked in.jpg

crib.jpg

Off to a Great start!!! Hope everything goes ur way mang! cya around

Everything sounds good. Here's some GREEN MOJO to get them babies going. Good luck and look foward to following your grow. ;)

Houston,
we have them on the pad, looks like we have a go !!

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

:) 4months here we comee :):)
im watching this one.!
good luck :)

gangalama said:
Off to a Great start!!! Hope everything goes ur way mang! cya around
thanks g, please stop by anytime!

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Everything sounds good. Here's some GREEN MOJO to get them babies going. Good luck and look foward to following your grow. ;)

pleasure having you here tbg- thanks for the mojo :D

KingKahuuna said:
Houston,
we have them on the pad, looks like we have a go !!

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

welcome aboard, king. it's one small step for man, one giant leap for kind.

snuggles said:
Nice genes, good luck we got your back man:D

thanks to friends like you guys, i'm starting to feel a lot more confident about this, just make sure you keep me honest lol :hitchair:

mero said:
:) 4months here we comee :):)
im watching this one.!
good luck :)

thanks mero, in the meantime, it'll be fun to see what your sativa develops into. i always get a jealous tinge when i see someone growing outdoors... :watchplant:

up next
planting the crop

sowing seeds

yesterday (monday 2/11) 15 seeds were planted

somango:

5/5 seeds germinated

apollo 13 sativa:

10/13 seeds germinated (3 remain un-cracked)

grodan starter cubes were soaked in pH 5.5 for 30 minutes. i had to squeeze a couple of them to get the air out before they would sink in the bucket. when i pulled them, i gave a gentle squeeze to rid the excess water, and started plunking in the babies. after sowing, i pinched the cubes around the openings, giving a gentle twist, just to keep it from springing open.

you'll see the nutrients i'll hopefully begin using in about 10-14 days pictured at the end.

1 apollo germed-3.jpg

2 somango germed.jpg

3 the borg.jpg

4 dive dive dive.jpg

5 swim!!!.jpg

6 see you soon.jpg

7 tucked in.jpg

8 the batch.jpg

9 garden.jpg

10 ionic.jpg

today, 1 soma and 1 a13sat have poked their heads out :D

still nothing from the 3 un-germinated seeds...

snuggles said:
Your off to a great start....:D

thanks man! it's early, but i have to admit, i'm feeling good about this one :D

the starter cubes were a little lighter in weight and color by last night, so i half-dunked them all in plain pH 5.8

i cracked the 3 ungerminated apollo13 seeds a couple of days ago, and two of them appear to be doing something- i almost forgot about them lol... they'll probably be the two that procuce the most in the end.

got my 4 inch cubes today, and hope to use them in about 10 or so more days, when i will also start with nutes for the first time.

i also picked up some liquid silicon for plants.

apollo.jpg

somango.jpg

cubes.jpg

silicone.jpg

7th day of the grow

pics:
  • the crop
  • apollo 13 sativas (3/10 tip of root out bottom)
  • solo apollo
  • somangos (1/5 tip of root out bottom)
  • records

crop.jpg

apollo13.jpg

apollosolo.jpg

s.jpg

chart.jpg

day 10

on root development...

as soon as the tap root hits the bottom of the cube, the plant knows the dimensions it has to work with. so, instead of transplanting to 4" cubes right away just because i see a root or two, i will wait a few more days so the plants can fill out the space they now know they have.

here's how they fare so far:
  • somango- unchanged at 1/5
  • apollo 13 sativa- 7/10
a few extra days should give 3 of the slow growing apollo 13 sativas a chance to catch up a bit.

the last pic shows an apollo 13 cube that was notably more dry than the others today. the cube itself doesn't seem to absorb water as easily as the others, and that seedling doesn't look very good (one of the slow growers). i believe this is the single cube that didn't saturate easily like the others when i presoaked them; i had to squeeze a lot of air out of it. in the future, i may avoid using any cubes that don't absorb water quickly on their own during presoak.

btw, the 3 remaining apollo seeds i had germintating never quite got off the ground. maybe the extra three seeds are just duds and meant to be a cute gimmick... 10 are growing, so that's all i care about :p

crop.jpg

apollo.jpg

soma.jpg

roots1.jpg

roots2.jpg

half dunk.jpg

Wow very nice you should be taken care you are in good hands, you will fall in love with RW more and more. GJ keep it up.

Thanks
SALT

Looks like u know what exactly what ur doin!!! Cant wait 2see the end product!!! lookn 4ward 2the grow.
peace

gangalama said:
Looks like u know what exactly what ur doin!!! Cant wait 2see the end product!!! lookn 4ward 2the grow.
peace

SALTROCK said:
Wow very nice you should be taken care you are in good hands, you will fall in love with RW more and more. GJ keep it up.

thanks you guys, saltrock basically said it all, i'm glad i'm doing this method- it's so simple and well thought out!

jjsunderground said:
i'm gonna eatchya! nice babies man!

lol thanks for checking em out jj

presoaked 11 4" growdan cubes in 5.5 pH for 30 min

as you can see below, the particular genetics at play here are quite advanced, independently holding themselves accountable for the good of the collective
i performed an autopsy on one of the apollos that pooped out... interesting to see how the roots thread and net their way through the rw.

i implemented the implanting of 6 healthy apollo 13 sativas and 5 omangos into the 4" cubes. in the meantime, i think a couple of stowaway apollos that i didn't quite have the heart to weed out might be lurking around in 1 of the pictures :D.

a couple close ups for some visual ice cream, and then (lastly) check out the whole garden. lots of room for improvement on the space, but i'm going to rennovate it as soon as i can muster the willpower lol...

notice i have a couple white widows and a male and a female somango in a coco coir/perlite mix... after really beating the crap out of them while i learned the ins and outs of pH, ec, watering rhythm and light distance (thanks to the help of a very, very tolerant friend lol), they all turned around and got growing again- i'm going to snag a couple somango clones for practice (at least lol) and also maybe try to breed the male and female so i can have somango seeds.

there it is. i'm really stoned, did i forget anything? :D

oh yeah lol... the cotyls on a few of them are starting to yellow a little. just another reason i wanted to get them in the bigger cubes today, because the next feed will be their first at 1.0 ec with ionic grow. there have been no nutrients given so far, only 5.8pH'd tap water, so after a day or two or tree, its feed feed feed to the end.

presoak.jpg

on the edge.jpg

autopsy 1.jpg

autopsy 2.jpg

autopsy 3.jpg

building the ship.jpg

lifeboat.jpg

closeup1.jpg

closeup2.jpg

garden.jpg

WOW nice growing man!!! Mind if I take a seat??:ccc:

Latest posts