new girlfriend going great, but how do i tell her about my love of weed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baked builder

Reaction score
hi there, i have been seeing my girlfriend now for nearly 3 months, we are getting along great and have a lot in common! the problem is that she does not know that i love to kick back a few nights a week and smoke some weed! under normal circumstances i would have told her when i met her, but she is determined on becoming a police officer and her family has a history of mental illness which she believes is caused by weed! this makes her view on weed very negative! i want to be honest with her and tell her the truth! any experience on this topic would be much appreciated cheers guys!

mayb u can ask her if she ever tried it. then when she asks u if u have, say something like u used to smoke once in a while, and it didnt have any negative impact on ur life and that u wouldnt be opposed to smoking again. if she strongly opposes weed then u can try and un-brainwash her, or find some1 else if u dont want to stop burnin that sticky icky. either way u shouldn't continue lying to her about ur recreational activities, she'll find out one way or another

Well IMO you need to be honest with her and tell the truth. She is either gonna tell you to quit or continue. Good luck. ;)

TBG is right , so's Midnight Toker odds are you will be done as a couple if you aren't willing to abstain .
But I am willing to put money on the fact that if she finds out on her own she will dump you .
She might be able to tolerate a head ,not too many people tolerate deception in love.
If you don't have honesty you really don't have a relationship , you're just getting layed

Yo Ho baked builder,

The answers are relativily simple. There are a few things about a relationship that you dare not ignore. Ask yourself these simple questions, and you will arrive at an answer.
1. Why do you want a partner ?
2. Will you keep yourself just for her ?
3. Will you build based on a foundation of truth ?
4. Do you want her as your friend as well as your mate ?
5. Are you willing to place her career choice in danger ?
6. Do you think that the two of you are well matched ?
7. Where do you see the two of you twenty years from now ?

nuff said,
Choose wisely my friend, or move to another place where she can't complain about it.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Hello Baked, I am new here but i do know if i my boyfriend kept something this big from me and i found out without him telling me i would be hurt, and i may not ever trust him again... tell her soon. I know that my boyfriend has to smoke because I'm not giving it up! Hmmm, where do you live, just kidding! LOL

I would be honest with her that you somke.BUT,If you are growing.NOT A WORD!!!you never know how the relationship is gonna end IF it will end.But if it does you do not want any vandictiveness going on and getting back at you.Just a thought for you.Keep it GREEN and SAFE:D

Yo, you HAVE to be honest. I've had this similar experience many times. 1st time, I tried to hide it, and she found out when some knucklehead at a party was like (come toke bro...whats wrong we toke all the time)

2nd time: I told her and she said I had to quit her or the buds. I gave up the buds until she moved away, and the relationship disolved after that anyway...

3rd time: One of the first things I said when it was obvious we wanted to be together...(I smoke weed, all day, most days. You need to know that up front.) She said ok, and hasn't ever mentioned my smoking.

Love me for who I am, not for who you want me to be...

cool thanks guys, im definately going to tell her soon! and if she really likes me which im confident she does, she will not care too much! and anyway i have a good job, great health and good outlook on life what more could she want lol! and yeah i wont tell her about any growing yet might save that one for lata LOL!

I dont think she'll like the idea of you growing,when she's tryin to become a cop.

Good luck with it anyway!

The berserker is right on about telling her .
Not just cause she wants to be a cop , an exlover who has a bomb like the fact that you grow better have left on a very positive note

THE NEW GIRL : is that a photo of you as your avatar ? Oh my!

baked builder said:
cool thanks guys, im definately going to tell her soon! and if she really likes me which im confident she does, she will not care too much! and anyway i have a good job, great health and good outlook on life what more could she want lol! and yeah i wont tell her about any growing yet might save that one for lata LOL!

Dude, I gotta tell you man, I've seen this before and it was a nightmare.

First, if she wants to be a cop, she'll be piss tested on a continuous basis. You won't ever be able to get weed around her. Sometimes, cops have to take lie detector tests involving drug busts. If during the test, they ask: "Do you or have you ever used drugs", she'll be busted. This is a common question on those tests. If they ask her while she's hooked up, she'll flunk it for sure. Then, she might get pissed and give you up.

Secondly, a person has to believe in what they do. You'll be forcing her to be a hypocrite of the first order. How can she do her job correctly if she's lying about her home life? You'll be forcing her to be a liar.

Thirdly, there are MILLIONS of women out there. Perhaps it would be wise of you to find one that isn't striving to be a cop, narcotics agent or any other type of cop. I mean, it's just not a good idea if you're going to continue to grow MJ and smoke it.

As much as you two like each other, obviously it's not love, or you would have already been honest with her. Since it's only "Like" now, it's better if you just terminate the relationship then to do numbers 1 and 2 above.

Here's the clincher; if and when she knows you smoke and grow, AND she gets really pissed off at you one day, she might put your butt in jail. Jail for a long time or probation for years.

Is it worth it?

Personally, If I were a young man again, I'd be looking up "The New Girl". Man oh man, just looking at her avatar made me feel like I was 60 again!

AND SHE SMOKES AND GROWS!

Hey, New Girl, do you like older men? hehehe

Personally, If I were a young man again, I'd be looking up "The New Girl". Man oh man, just looking at her avatar made me feel like I was 60 again!

AND SHE SMOKES AND GROWS!

Hey, New Girl, do you like older men? hehehe
You better be carefull POTUS.I dont know if that ticker of yours would keep up.If she is into older men.;)

If your girl is a crackhead, you gaotta be a crackhead or it don't work(chris rock) ...same thing with weed..

berserker said:
You better be carefull POTUS.I dont know if that ticker of yours would keep up.If she is into older men.;)
Maybe so ,but my money says the mortician would never get the dirty dog smile off the corpse's mug

Find another girl. It's not gonna happen here. Let her have her dream of being a cop. Don't let her know anything about your fav past time.

Find a girl that smokes.

Love me for who I am, not for who you want me to be...

dont hide the fact u smoke ,,cause it aint the real you ,,,as sm said above
find a girl that smokes ,,,then u can smoke up together ,,,,
and even when u do dont tell her you grow ! even the most loving g/f /partner can turn on you and turn u in ,,,
good luck :tokie:

BB U have a sticky situation there Bud !!
she want to become a Police officer that be a BIG NO NO if u tell her !! she might turn!
She said that weed cause her family to be Mental, She would think that about U !

Say U tell her, only smoke when u kick it with friends and play pool while drinking.

What are her friends like ? That can help u out alot !!

Myself I WOULd FEEL her out more !! Hint around about it..

BB be carefull on this..

Latest posts

Back