Psychitsmike's Early Girl Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psychitsmike

Reaction score
Alright, i plan on growing a few Early Girls that i got from the Doc. It will be outdoors, two of the three i plan on growing will be in 12" pots. One pot will be filled with Supersoil and the other with Miracle Grow Moisture Control. The third will be in the ground with one of the soils (havent decided which one yet). They will be setup in my backyard next to some potatoes i will be growing as cover. This will be my first grow and I'm ******* excited :). I thought it would be fun to grow so here I am.

Day 3: Just planted two seeds that sprouted in the pots, the third wasnt ready by the time i planted the other ones. But it has a bit of sprouting so by tomorrow it should be good. Just didnt realize that it was supposed to rain this weekend so I am worried the seeds might get over watered. Will keep posting when i remember, too faded atm so..

Peace Out

Heard pretty good things about Early Girl so I'm sure you will love the rewards after all of your hard work in growing them.

12" pots are pretty small for an outdoor grow. You may want to consider using a bigger pot. You can always dig a hole and put the pot down into the hole to reduce the height or just plant them straight into the ground. As for the one you are planning on putting in the ground, I always dig a good sized hole and line the hole with plastic. I poke holes in the plastic so water will drain through and fill it with some good soil. I have always used promix or soil that has been composted out of horse manure. This will be a much better soil than just the straight ground. You can also tie the plants down to the ground to reduce the height of them. Just my thoughts on it. Keep us posted on your progress. Take care my friend.

smokybear said:
Heard pretty good things about Early Girl so I'm sure you will love the rewards after all of your hard work in growing them.

12" pots are pretty small for an outdoor grow. You may want to consider using a bigger pot. You can always dig a hole and put the pot down into the hole to reduce the height or just plant them straight into the ground. As for the one you are planning on putting in the ground, I always dig a good sized hole and line the hole with plastic. I poke holes in the plastic so water will drain through and fill it with some good soil. I have always used promix or soil that has been composted out of horse manure. This will be a much better soil than just the straight ground. You can also tie the plants down to the ground to reduce the height of them. Just my thoughts on it. Keep us posted on your progress. Take care my friend.

Thanks for the tip, I will try the plastic thing. As for the pots, I figured but I wasnt sure if getting a bigger one would hurt my cover. I know that using a pot hinders the size of the pot but does it affect the strength of the bud?

Its the 3rd day since i planted the seeds in the pots and so far there is no growth that I can see. The good news is that the 3rd seed is just waiting to be planted. I might have fucked up the first two seeds by not letting them grow in a small pot first then transfer them outside. I'll give it another 2-3 days to see some improvement. The 3rd seed that i will plant today will be in normal soil then transplanted into the ground. I'm just waiting for some freetime to plant the potatoes. If i dont see any growth from the first seeds, i'll sprout two more. I forgot I had Early Special seeds from Nirvana coming this week too :). Will keep it posted

Peace Out

Day 13: Sorry for the late posts but I've been busy. The plants are doing good, i have a couple of pictures of when they first sprouted and I just took a couple of pictures of them. I do have an aphid problem, there are small holes in the leaves and black specs on them so I sprayed them with insect spray. I'll have to see if it will work.

Supersoil plant: So far this plant is still doing good, its like a cm shorted then the MiracleGrow plant and it is behind a day in terms of grow. The only problem with this one is I always have to check up on it since it doesnt have the Moisture Control like the MG one. But i've been careful not to over water these suckers. So far, I'm pleased with the soil, I just have to wait to see if its a M/F.

MG Moisture Control plant: Looks healthy besides a couple of bug holes :hairpull:. It is the fastest growing plant right now, I water all my plants every other day depending on how dry the soil is. Nothing much I can say about this one, its just good haha. So far I don't see what the fuss is about MG soil. [Knock on wood]. But out of two plants left, I hope this one is a female.

Reg Soil plant: This **** grew sooo slow so it seemed like a complete waste of time so I just discarded it. Didnt even looked like it made progress from when i took the picture.

So now there are only two plants left but I still have 7 Early Girls and 10 Early Specials. I'm super excited so far, everything is going fine and no one cares about my plants so thats good. I don't really plan on planting them in the ground, maybe the next grow. Just testing the soil first.

Pictures are too big so i uploaded them to photobucket.

your not allowed to use photobucket on here....download picasa and reupload it....

Looking decent so far my friend. Just make sure that you don't overwater them. They should do just fine. They can take a lot of abuse so don't worry to much about little things. Keep us posted on your progress. Take care and be safe.

Damn havent been on in a while. It is day... 47 i believe.

So far the plants are doing pretty well. At first i thought they might have over watering, but that really doesnt seem like the problem unless the mold can survive even if the soil is dry. Not sure so i'll look it up later. I got some FF Grow Big for my supposed N deficiency. It did help them grow a bit taller but the 2 yellow small bottom leaves died and the stem below that is yellow and crusty like its shedding. I'm dling picasa right now so ill edit my post and upload some recent pics as well as the old ones.

I also germenated 3 Early Specials so we'll see how that goes :).

Edit: I posted my pics in another thread. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?p=240456&posted=1#post240456

Latest posts

Back