hey all

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just a quick thread to say hello, just joined up and am currently in the process of starting my own grow, which is something i should have done a long long long time ago.

Got a few ideas which have taken over the contents of my head over the last week :) got myself an old fridge which i gonna use, found myself a 400w HPS light, the ventilation is what i gonna need some help with if ya dont mind peeps.

Looking forward to bantering and sharing ideas with ya's all.

Take it easy:)

NYC_Diesel x Jack_Herer said:
is your 400HPS air coolable?

I doubt it matters in a fridge ;)

:rofl:

Welcome to the forum Chuck L. Daily :)

Your name made me smile :p

Lots of help here when needed :aok:

:peace:

Hey NYC,

Thanks for quick response.

Not too sure, pardon my ignorance, it is a INDUSTRIA 3050 400W
Can't post a URL as of yet.

What ya think? and what type is it (total newbie)

Thanks in advance.

Never seen that type before, what is that black object that appears to cover the bulb?

Sure it would matter if it was air coolable, even in a fridge Hippy. If you can draw air from outside the fridge through the light and back out the fridge it is going to be MUCH easier to keep the temps down, something that might be tough to do with a 400HPS in a fridge.

Since the light isn't air coolable you really only have one option. Cut a passive air intake hole near the base of the fridge. Then cut a same size hole in the top of the fridge or on the back as close to the top as possible, then install an exhaust fan and push the air through a carbon filter if smell is an issue where the fridge is located. On a fridge you wouldn't need anything larger than a 4" exhaust fan, vortex makes a nice quiet 4" one. Get some 4" dryer vent ducting from a home improvement store, a small carbon filter with a 4" opening, the necessary 4" flanges, and you are set.

Hey again,

Right guys on inspection of the light (which i am evantually getting off my pal), ya dead right Hippy it is too big for the fridge.

No bother, I can use it for something else ;)

So then a box is to be made, which will save on the drilling into the fridge dilemma. Plenty of info on the site, I will have a nosey round for ideas.

Cheers for your comments so far, really appreciate the info and also any ideas for the box would be also.

Hey SmokinMom and UKgirl420,

Thanks for the replys and warm welcomes, really appreciated :)

Will keep ya posted and get ya some pics once i get the box built which is now gonna be residing in the spare bedroom, fitered ventilation up through the chimney....

Take it easy, speak soon :)

"An optimist laughs to forget, a pessimist forgets to laugh"

Latest posts

Back