another supersoil question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juniorgrower

Reaction score
I have some supersoil left over from my outside gardening, and was wanting to use it indoors. I use 5 gallon smartpots for my indoor plants. I am thinking that I will fill the bottom 1/3 with supersoil and the rest with promix. Does this sound OK? Also I was wondering when to put them in the supersoil? They are about 5-6 inches tall now, and they are planted in a 1 gallon round plastic pots. Thanks

Sounds like a plan:aok:

I fill mine up from 1/3 to 1/2 with ss then fill with ffof.

You can trans-plant as soon as you want.

Thanks Duck. I think I will transplant immediately to smart pots with the supersoil. Cannot wait to see if they grow better with SS than with my regular nutes.

juniorgrower said:
I have some supersoil left over from my outside gardening, and was wanting to use it indoors. I use 5 gallon smartpots for my indoor plants. I am thinking that I will fill the bottom 1/3 with supersoil and the rest with promix. Does this sound OK? Also I was wondering when to put them in the supersoil? They are about 5-6 inches tall now, and they are planted in a 1 gallon round plastic pots. Thanks

Good plan, but you might want to use 7-gallon smart pots. Subcool recommends 7-gallon plastic pots (he doesn't like smart pots). But I like smart pots, and am using 7-gallon smart pots in my current Super Soil grow.

I think if you use 5-gallon pots instead of 7-gallon pots, your soil might run out of steam sometime in the middle of flowering, and you may need to top-dress or add nutrients.

DiamondJim420 said:
Good plan, but you might want to use 7-gallon smart pots. Subcool recommends 7-gallon plastic pots (he doesn't like smart pots). But I like smart pots, and am using 7-gallon smart pots in my current Super Soil grow.

I think if you use 5-gallon pots instead of 7-gallon pots, your soil might run out of steam sometime in the middle of flowering, and you may need to top-dress or add nutrients.

This is soooo true. I started with 5 gal pots and was experiencing deficiencies with 4 weeks left so I know this to be true. I have also sometimes depending on the strain see magnesium deficiencies and have since upped my epsom salts and now have no problems. This stuff is great!

Thanks Jim and thadawkins. I already had a bunch of the 5 gallon smart pots so I used them. I am running 4 CheeseQuake and 1 acid. I put 2 CQ's in with Sub's super soil and 2 CQ's and the acid in NV's super soil. I guess I will have to pay attention to the ones in Sub's and add some nutes when needed.

Latest posts

Back