If question about flowering?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Reaction score
I put some plants into flowering about 17 days ago and they havent really shown any signs of flowering yet. I put them in flowering 3 weeks too early. How long will it be before it will show? Had them on 12/12 with sufficient lighting and one is 2 foot tall. They vegged for about 5 weeks. Can I put them in vegging once Ive flowered them or just let them finish how they are now?

Later:cool:

Hey bro,
Be patient!! You will see signs of flowering soon. at about 4 weeks you will be amazed at the growth.

The first few weeks is called the stretch stage, at this time you will see fast growth, then it will slow drastically then start really budding.

Even if flowered early or does that not seem too drastic.

If you vegged for 5 wks and one is 2ft tall, they should have been ready to flower. What makes you think you started flowering too early? I usually start flowering after 5 or 6 wks vegg as soon as I see alternating nodes. Your plants should be showing sex after 17 days flowering. Can you get some pics up here?

a prolonged delay in flowering, is often the results of a light leak. A very high nitrogen content can delay it, somewhat, too.

Yeah Im still using FF Grow Big. I read to use that for the first 2 weeks of flowering. I will discontinue and start using the FF Big Bloom. Thanks everyone for the info.

T he top of the stems seem soft and bend easily is that normal?

thats because it is new growth. be gentle with your babies!

Hick said:
a prolonged delay in flowering, is often the results of a light leak. A very high nitrogen content can delay it, somewhat, too.

Hey Hick, I've been flowering for 3 weeks and all have buds -or were kicked out of the grow room for having balls- EXCEPT one, the runt of the litter. This little plant was definitely not ready to flower--its still only about 8 inches tall with no alt nodes, but I had to flower it with the rest of them.

So heres my hypothetical question: If you started a plant from seed on 12/12 (in other words did not use a 18/6 or 24/0 veg schedule) will that plant flower EVENTUALLY? Will maturity just be delayed for a while due to the light schedule?

Just curious. I'm a first time grower and am trying to learn as much as possible. And my little runt was only about 5 in tall when I thru it into flower, just a seedling really. Thanks,

Rehab

Rehab is for Quitters said:
Hey Hick, I've been flowering for 3 weeks and all have buds -or were kicked out of the grow room for having balls- EXCEPT one, the runt of the litter. This little plant was definitely not ready to flower--its still only about 8 inches tall with no alt nodes, but I had to flower it with the rest of them.

So heres my hypothetical question: If you started a plant from seed on 12/12 (in other words did not use a 18/6 or 24/0 veg schedule) will that plant flower EVENTUALLY? Will maturity just be delayed for a while due to the light schedule?

Just curious. I'm a first time grower and am trying to learn as much as possible. And my little runt was only about 5 in tall when I thru it into flower, just a seedling really. Thanks,

Rehab

This is a big debate that Stoney Bud was part of. I think that it wont flower until it is ready to flower.

bobbak67 said:
This is a big debate that Stoney Bud was part of. I think that it wont flower until it is ready to flower.

I thought that debate was about that guy who said he got viable seeds from a 3 week old seedling, which Stoneybud said was **. But I may have misunderstood.

What I'm trying to understand is that if I put a plant on the 12/12 before its ready, will it mature EVENTUALLY on the 12/12 or do I need to return it to veg (in my case 24/0), let it mature and then return to 12/12 for flower?

From your response it sounds like my plant will eventually mature when its ready even while still on 12/12?

Anyone?

Ya you understood me correct! I think that The plant will just wait until it is mature on the 12/12 cycle before flowering. BUT, it may just take longer to show flowering than a mature plant.

Someone else should chime in soon!

bobbak67 said:
Ya you understood me correct! I think that The plant will just wait until it is mature on the 12/12 cycle before flowering. BUT, it may just take longer to show flowering than a mature plant.

Someone else should chime in soon!

I just read a bunch of grow journals about this--starting at 12/12 from seed. And if I understood correctly, the plants will eventually flower but will ultimately be smaller and may take longer to mature.

I THINK I got that right...but I'll find out for myself when I see what happens to my little runt.

I havent researched how mj grows 'naturally' but I would think it could grow in areas where they dont have 18 hrs direct sunlight (let alone 24) so it would seem reasonable that under 12/12 from the start, they would mature EVENTUALLY, maybe just not as efficiently. jmo

Rehab is for Quitters said:
I just read a bunch of grow journals about this--starting at 12/12 from seed. And if I understood correctly, the plants will eventually flower but will ultimately be smaller and may take longer to mature.

I THINK I got that right...but I'll find out for myself when I see what happens to my little runt.

I havent researched how mj grows 'naturally' but I would think it could grow in areas where they dont have 18 hrs direct sunlight (let alone 24) so it would seem reasonable that under 12/12 from the start, they would mature EVENTUALLY, maybe just not as efficiently. jmo

"I" believe you are 'spot on', rehab'.
It has been established time and again, they "will" flower, they will mature. But both potency and yield are effected negatively.

:D I have 2 females so far out of 4 that are flowering. Unsure of others, one might be male. I didnt expect that many females right away must be doing something right for once. Hopefully I can get some pics up today, camera doesnt get too good of a picture. They are bagseed and taking fore ever. They were first sprouting on January 20's something but from what Ive read it sounds like bagseed takes longer. Once a plant shows male sex how long do I have before pollen can move around?

Later:cool:

There was a thread on how to produce more females when I first started my grow. It said give them a 16/8 light cycle from the begginging until flower. I was unsure how this would work because it seems 18 or 24 hours of light are the most popular. But so far so good. Maybe there is something behind this thoery or maybe not. If anyone has read this thread give your opinion on this info.

Hick I took your advice with light leaks and hung a sheet over the closet door. Two days later I had hairs everywhere.Thanks for help

So the female turned hermie on me I think. Only has the one set on the second from top node looks like a football or oval but the plant is covered with hairs. I bought some Dutch Master Reverse it this going to work well enough to where I dont have to cut the male flowers off.

The reference to animal male genitalia is not appropriate for use when you mean "Male Flowers". If you mean Male Flowers, please say "Male Flowers". Thanks - Stoney.

male pod.jpg

Latest posts

Back