Thinking about buying this BHO Extractor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would not attempt to build your own closed loop system... there is a reason they are BIG $$$$... bc they are tested and work flawlessly... the CLS returns are much better then using a glass extractor bc you can control the flow of butane thru the extractor as well as adjust the temperature that you extract at.... Ive even read of people re running the butane thru the material again since you recollect and doesn't cost ya any more $$...

There are lots of utensils that make handling much easier... but yes it can be the stickiest stuff on earth...

How did you sample? with the atmos? hitting oil out of the atmos is nothing like doin a dab thru a rig...

Yeah, the Atmos was my best result.

I am going right by the head shop later today. When you say, "doin a dab through a rig", what do you mean? I don't mind picking up another pipe in the interest of experimentation. LOL

Check out Killa glass: hxxp://killaglass.com/ Ive used several of their turbine rigs and the hit like a champ... heavy glass and decent price...

Im gonna grab this one soon: hxxp://www.bakebros.com/killa-glass-14mm-con-wp-turbine-trapezoid-9-amber/

Cool, thanks. I'll be stopping by the local head shop tomorrow. I'll see what they have that might heighten my experience. LMAO

OK, did a little more testing.

After TWO runs with a 6 oz can of butane each time we saw pictures of the pot and it sure looked like there were a lot of trics left (see pics 5 posts above this one).

I took the pot and put it in a jar with some ice and water and shook it for a minute and then poured it though my finest bubble bag.

The attached pics show what the butane left behind. First in the bottom of my bubble bag and then today after it dried overnight. About 0.1 gram. Now, that's not much but let us consider that these were only 14 grams of bottom buds to start with. Then, they were washed not once, but TWICE with the super duper new fangled blow yourself up butane extraction method. LMAO

Still, after all that, I was able to ice this much out of the leftover.

And, there are STILL trics on the pot (see the pics below).

I don't know.... blow yourself up butane method or ice bubble..... It's starting to become clearer and clearer to me. LOL

If someone came up with a method that stripped 100% of the trics off the pot, I would consider blowing myself up for it. However, for a process that does not even seem to work as well...... I don't know.

And, let's not even talk about the difference between cutting off a little chunk of hash vs trying to deal with that sticky *** honey. That **** would seal a bee's butt shut if it sat on it.

View attachment bhotest-1.jpg

View attachment bhotest-2.jpg

View attachment bhotest-3.jpg

View attachment bhotest-4.jpg

View attachment bhotest-5.jpg

What did I do that was different than every one else who does it. It's not exactly rocket science. Butane>Tube>Evaporate>

Same tube as everyone else (basically). Same method as everyone else. You tell me.

Multi, you're pretty good at this kind of thing. I would love to see your before and after tric shots. Or, better yet, do the exact same experiment as I did and see if the results collaborate.

imo you did not pack the tube tight enough to purge properly

how much herb was in the tube---and how long was the tube---guesstimate

The tube is 4" long and 1.5" in diameter.

I put about 14 - 18 grams in it. It was packed finger snug but not crammed in with a rod or tool or anything.

I am thinking about taking the pot and putting it through an ISO wash, just to see how much more this little 14g pile has to offer. LMAO

Although I've never had my products tested for residues, mine has never made me think that I can taste butane and there are more than enough people who do or have had there products tested and shown zero butane residue in there concentrates when purged effectively.

Getting your BHO to zero butane is nearly impossible... Take a look at these test results from thesecretcup.com: http://www.thesecretcup.com/#!test-results/cx7q

Every BHO sample even the ones that scored the best and won the competition have butane trapped in them... Obviously ya want to be as close to zero ppm as possible but zero is nearly impossible... :48:

You can talk all you want but until you prove me wrong..... I will believe I'm right. Maybe someone else would be willing to run this same test.

And, yes, I would like to extract EVERY SINGLE TRIC from the pot. LOL I don't smoke half a joint and throw the other have away. I believe in 100% in everything I do.

Like I said, if anyone else wants to take the time, I would love to see someone prove me wrong. Whenever I am wrong.... I learn something. So, teach me.

Take a before and after shot of your trics and I will believe I did something wrong. Otherwise, I will just stick with my opinion that this process is very inefficient and is what I refer to as "A Sheeple Thing". LOL

Hackerman I agree you will not strip every single trich off of your material... but that doesn't mean its inefficient... I'll repeat that to be efficient making bho you need a closed loop system to be able to control more while extracting...

BHO extracts a lot more then just trichs... the butane pulls out essential oils, waxes, terps, CBDs and THC....

Yeah sorry jaam
I've just driven over 900miles through 3x different European countries, none stop to catch a ferry and another 4hr drive

Your right, traces are found n BHO but generally minimal ones
I was thinking of the new gas, that I just can't think of the name of right now, that has claimed zero residue from the extraction.

Multi I know what your speaking of... just cant think of the name of the top of my head... Its flammable but doesn't blow up like butane from what ive read...

I will be saving my pennies for one of them Tamsium's that I know you mentioned somewhere here... you ever see a thread by guy named: leaf ive been following him for almost 2 years now and all he does is bho all day thru the tamisium... ill get ya a link if your interested... :48:

I'll repeat that to be efficient making bho you need a closed loop system to be able to control more while extracting...

I would absolutely agree with that one. That's why I was watching the prices on those. That would seem to be much more effective and efficient. They are going to have to get a whole lot cheaper than they are right now before I grab one just for the sake of experimentation. LOL

We'll see. I am going to do a couple more runs with this "blast" method and see what I can come up with.

Do you think that will make a difference in quality or just quantity. I mean, the trics on the bottom buds are just as strong as the trics on the top buds.... right? There are just more of them on the top buds.

Or, are the trics on the top buds actually more potent? Never thought of it.

The top colas mature sooner then the bottom/popcorn buds. Some growers actually harvest their top buds and leave the popcorn to allow them to mature.

It doesn't look like you're breaking the bud down enough which is why you have so many undisturbed trichs. I break my bud down like I'm about to twist one, then fill the tube(lightly packed)and you'll get a much better product

View attachment image.jpg

Latest posts

Back