Grow Room in progress!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AluminumMonster

Duke of Errl:)
Reaction score
This is my first post with pics, so hopefully everything comes out ok . This is my soon to be grow room. By this weekend i will have the veg tent up and running, it will sit just to the left of the flower room (the 4x4 room with a fan stuck in the side of it). I know its silly but i took a pic of the outlet i wired up because i was so proud of myself haha. I installed 2 new 20amp breakers with one outlet for the veg tent and one for the flower room. I think i have enough power, do you folks agree? I only have a couple t5's and a 600w hps + a 400w hps (both have cool tubes). The fan is a 424cfm and only draws 1amp, so hopefully i wont be popping a breaker any time soon. Any way, enough talk, here's a couple pics for ya. More will come soon.

A.M.

BILD0002.JPG

BILD0003.JPG

BILD0004.JPG

BILD0006.JPG

BILD0007.JPG

BILD0008.JPG

Welcome Aluminum Monster. It looks like you planned out very well. I think you should be fine on amps. I am not an electrician and have never wired anything but I run twoo 600HPS on one 15amp circuit so you should be fine running that on a 20 amp. I think as long as you don't continuosuly draw more than 75% of the amp rating for the circuit you should be fine. Sorry if the lingo is not correct for you electricians out there.

Good luck monster, I am looking forward to seeing some pics of your grow sapce filled with green goodness :)

-SSF-
(EDIT: Any idea what you are going to be growing in there?)

SSF, i have been working on this GR in my head for a while, i really hope i can use it to its fullest potential. I'm glad to hear that 20amps will be ok, i was a little nervous. The first strain through the new GR will be Tahoe OGK from CaliConection. I just got the seeds last week and i'm itching to pop'em! lol Thanks for the input, it is much appreciated.

AluminumMonster said:
SSF, i have been working on this GR in my head for a while, i really hope i can use it to its fullest potential. I'm glad to hear that 20amps will be ok, i was a little nervous. The first strain through the new GR will be Tahoe OGK from CaliConection. I just got the seeds last week and i'm itching to pop'em! lol Thanks for the input, it is much appreciated.

I forget who it was that was talking about CaliConnection's seeds recently but they were saying great things. You are running a 400 and a 600 HPS in cool tubes and I run two 600HPS in my grow room, both in cool tubes so we have something in common. Are you going to be growing in soil or do you have a hydro setup in mind?

-SSF-

SSF, ya gotta love the cool tubes, i know i do. Some day soon i would like to upgrade the 400w to another 600w but i have to give the 400/600 combo a try first before i pass judgement. Until recently i only had the 400w running, but i was disapointed with my yeild, so i added the 600w. For now i am using soil but i could see myself make the switch in the future. A little ebb n flow would be nice.

Hey Aluminum, welcome to the forum. It is very smart to plan out everything before you start your grow like you are doing. After poor planning on my first couple grows resulted in mid-grow changes and broken plants, I decided to properly plan my current grow before I even germed the seeds. I am very happy with it thus far. Wish you good luck and green mojo.. keep us updated

YO AM...Welcome!!

I'm REALLY interested to see this thing go off! Specially those Tahoe's. Alot of hype on those lately. Can't wait to see em in action!

Hey AM.... 40 amps is plenty of power... Make sure your wire is rated for the load and all.... You will be able to run 3-4 400 watt lights on a 15 amp circuit pretty easily.... The only thing is you have to watch the surge power..... turn all four on at once it will pop...

Remember, an ounce of planning is worth a pound of bud hehehe

Good Luck!

Looking good AM....Nice to see someone not trying to grow with 2 cfl's and a desk fan for ventilation.....:)

Thank you all for the welcomes and the compliments. Its really nice to have ppl to show my hard work to. Until now i didnt tell a soul about my grow, i am just too paranoid. lol.
I did a little more work on the passive intake today. I built a "light diffuser' and installed it to the vent in the wall. i will get a couple pics up for everyone tonight.
Happy Growing,
A.M.

AM I totally feel that bro....it is basically why we are all here...to show off what we have going and talk to people with the same passion. Hardest thing is having a cpl dank *** ladies going and not being able to show anyone..lol
You will fit in perfectly here bro...cheers.
Look forward to some updates.

Peace

As promised, pictures! I dont know if i can call my wood box a light diffuser or not but it seems appropriate. I made this out of some 2x6's and plywood i had around the house. its just a box with some offset 2x6 blocks inside so no light can get in my intake. I also wrapped it in panda film to make sure no light will come through the edges.:hubba:

BILD0002.JPG

BILD0003.JPG

BILD0004.JPG

BILD0005.JPG

HL, Thanks for the kind words... i can already tell ya i like it here a lot. Lots of friendly people and more knowledge than i will ever be able to remember.

Well i've been busy this weekend... i finished putting up the panda film and cleaned all of my lights. I also got the veg tent all set up and made it through the test run with temps at 75-77 degrees with lights on. :woohoo:
Now i need to try and maintaine those same temps in the flower room. I hope my fan can keep the 600 and 400 cool. Tonight i started germinating 6x tahoe ogk and 4x RRF,the RRF's are just so i can have some smoke a little before the tahoes finish and cure. I have a bad tendency of taking a small branch here and there when i'm out of smoke lol, and i want to make sure the tahoes dont get touched until they're ready. Anyway here's some pics, let me know what ya think and suggestions are always welcome. A.M.

BILD0001.JPG

BILD0002.JPG

BILD0003.JPG

BILD0004.JPG

BILD0005.JPG

BILD0006.JPG

BILD0007.JPG

BILD0009.JPG

BILD0010.JPG

BILD0011.JPG

BILD0014.JPG

BILD0018.JPG