To Miracle Grow or not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dollarspot73

"Livin on Tulsa Time"
Reaction score
Ok guys,,,,super Nooob here,,,lemme ask a question,,,,I don't hear alot about just plain miracle grow here,,,,,good, bad or indifferent?

Miracle grow.. Very good for for it's uses and mature plants.....

HOWEVER>>>>> Most people are growing MJ from seed.... and growing from seed requires different nutes at different times than what miracle grow provides........ so NOT the best for a typical MJ grow.

Dont do it from seed Bro,,I tried it,,and it was a pain in my butt fixen nute burn all the time whilst it was young. Everytime you water MG soil,,you are also releasing nutes. Hence,,, Nute Burn for young seedlings. If you must,,,FLUSH the crap out of it.

Thanks alot,,,,,I am an NPK guy,,,,,the stuff I deal with on a daily basis revolves around that,,,,,micros and the lot are a hard sell with me....."bugs in a jug" (microbes) get thrown at me every day,,,,so its nice to have impartial opinions

Amazing!!!! responses within 20 mins! thanks alot guys ( and gal!) this is better than the Postal system!

Yeah we are fast and on it here buddy. Check it out if you use MG make sure to kind of grind it up , what i mean is crush any soil balls as they maybe full of nutes that will burn the heck out a plant. Right now I am using black magic it is just dirt, perlite, and forest humus. Great stuff and cheaper than MG. It is available at big lots for $7 for a big ol' bag. Definitely from seed Use no nutes in soil. MG is dicey.

Try a search for it here. You will see that there are quite a few of us that don't care for it and will not use it. To each his/ her own. Just wanted to let you know. The main thing that really bothers me about Miracle Grow fert is when a newbie tries it for their very first grow. They have the dream, are all excited and really want to succeed at it. Then, they use the fert, probably way too much and too often and ruin the crop. It's like someone peeing in your cereal bowl. Sure, very experienced growers have had success with it, but it takes the right attitude for that and newbies have no chance.

I'm not advocating the use of MG These pics are of two bag seed girls I am currently flowering. They are grown in MG soil and I used MG plant food with them. If you use it this is what your plants will look like as you can see there is obvious nute burn.

pot 003 (1200 x 1200).jpg

pot 004 (1200 x 1200).jpg

pot 005 (1200 x 1200).jpg

pot 006 (1200 x 1200).jpg

pot 007 (1200 x 1200).jpg

pot 008 (1200 x 1200).jpg

pot 009 (1200 x 1200).jpg

pot 010 (1200 x 1200).jpg

pot 011 (1200 x 1200).jpg

Latest posts

Back